Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Beta Woes!
Post 'em here!

DO NOT REPORT:
Links to nowhere
— House Points
— Domestic Service

Graphic...things
— Slideshow stuff in top ribbon
— Avatar alignment on extended profile

Coding Woes
— Mentions not working w/ alert system
— Anything to do with the mobile skin >.>
— Some UCP icons are wonky
— "box" placement issues in profiles on smaller screen sizes
— Placement issues when reading PMs on smaller screen sizes

If it's on this list (or anywhere in this thread), we know about it and are working on it Smile

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
I'm pretty sure this is a screen resolution problem but this is how the extended profile looks to me
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAjwYY.png
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAj4B6.png
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAjD6p.png

When I zoom out to 80& everything aligns nicely into how I assume it's meant to look and the slideshow ribbon falls neatly into where I assume it's supposed to be.

(February 2, 2018 – 11:24 PM)Roberto Devine Wrote:  I'm pretty sure this is a screen resolution problem but this is how the extended profile looks to me
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAjwYY.png
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAj4B6.png
https://cdn.nickpic.host/images/pAjD6p.png

When I zoom out to 80& everything aligns nicely into how I assume it's meant to look and the slideshow ribbon falls neatly into where I assume it's supposed to be.

Was literally coming here to say this. xD But I love having the tabs in the user profiles!

EDIT: ON THE SUBJECT OF RESOLUTION ISSUES:
screenshot!
No matter how big I make my screen, the account switcher stays in the same spot relative to the top right corner, and it cuts off most of the character name when I hover, which makes it a little harder to click on/use.

So when I try to tag someone, it does this really weird thing. When I type the @ sign, it pops up a box with... I guess all the people I've ever tagged before? But if I try just typing (like if it's not one of those people) it'll wait until I do the whole name, close the box, and leave me with nothing but my @ sign. Then I have to click next to that and start typing the name again.

And I'm not sure how to close that box without typing out the whole name... Like I just tried hitting @ + Enter and it decided to tag Lyra. :P

K: I only need to type a couple of letters (not the whole name) to get the character I need - try doing that and wait until it populates a list. Also, hitting "backspace" will clear it!

Barnabas Skeeter Ursula Black

(February 3, 2018 – 3:22 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  I put some stuff in the "Extras" section of my extended profile and, uh, I think it was eaten by the ether. It's still there in the box, but doesn't show up on any of my tabs when viewing Ophelia's profile.

That will be in a new tab that is not yet coded.

(February 3, 2018 – 6:40 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  On the mobile skin (which I realize is still a WIP):

Olive has only JUST started work on this and so please hold off on issues until it's "released"!

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
— graphics by lady ❤ —
(February 3, 2018 – 9:37 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  
(February 3, 2018 – 9:30 PM)Percival Adlard Jr. Wrote:  This may just be me on the phone. But if I click anything that takes me off the index page the site seems to lose coding, it tells me it's a closed board and 'emerald is listed at the top. I can see posts but only base bones and no cbox.

Mobile defaults to the yet unfinished mobile skin. Olive tells me it would be a trainwreck if it did not. The desktop board also has a little ribbon saying it's closed, because it technically is xD Are you still able to go into forums and post?

Yep, can still post and see forums. 
So just my phone good to know Smile

The following 1 user Likes Percival Adlard's post:
   Aldous Crouch
(February 3, 2018 – 2:40 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  When I have an alert, it shows up in the top of my internet window twice. Like the tab I'm on right now is labelled "Post Reply to Beta Woes (1) (1)"
This is an interesting one, I assume this has to do with duplicate coding in the templates thanks to MyAlerts auto-inserting itself on installation.

(February 3, 2018 – 6:40 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  On the mobile skin (which I realize is still a WIP):

- There is no way to tell which forums have new posts. They don't look any different from empty forums.
- I can see deleted posts. Like in maintenance, I see "Ophelia Dippet: This post has been deleted" "Roberto Devine: This post has been deleted."

- I haven't tweaked around with that skin at all yet but on a smaller screen there's obviously less space for stuff without having teeny text so that's probably not ever going to be a thing on mobile - the new posts button will be though and that makes finding new posts way easier anyway.

- That's really weird and I'll have to look into why the hell it does that >.>
EDIT: I thought you meant mobile skin only and maybe you did but it's a thing on the desktop too and it's probably a settings thing that needs turning off.

(February 3, 2018 – 9:32 PM)Percival Adlard Jr. Wrote:  Adding to that. It appears to be the homepage too.

And I'm unable to pull the screen over to see the right side. For instance I cannot save my user cp because the save button doesn't appear on the left.

What Kayte said - it's not an error it's just the mobile skin and I just found out that you can't switch to a different skin on a mobile device due to the code I had to use (it wasn't the flexible option I wanted but I had no choice in the end) but hopefully by the time I'm finished ironing out the bugs you won't want to switch off of it anyway.

I don't know why it won't sidescroll, it's one of three Mybb responsive skins available (and the nicest one visually) so it ought to be the most mobile friendly thing you've ever used but that's a thing I discovered last night. If you put your device in landscape you'll be able to get to it. Hopefully I'll get it sorted in the next few days.

My PMs are strangely aligned. The message gets put beneath the user's sidebar instead of next to it, then the signature below that.

screenshot! And now everyone can see my fail!app notes xD

(February 4, 2018 – 5:38 PM)Souri Corcoran Wrote:  Also, trying to change the character you're posting as in the full post editor doesn't work for me? When I was posting with Time, I selected Souri's account, but it didn't switch her over and it isn't working now. Switching works fine from the quick reply box, though.

You can also switch after the fact by clicking on the potion bottle by your OOC name Smile

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Souri Corcoran

— graphics by lady ❤ —
(February 4, 2018 – 5:23 PM)Time Day Wrote:  I'm not sure what the exact name of it is, but when you're making a new thread, there's no top bar in the posting field with the bold, italics, strikethrough, etc options. This vs This. I'm not sure if that can be fixed, but I thought I'd mention it because it does make things slightly more convenient when posting.
All I can figure is that I accidentally deleted a snippet of code when I was last in there and it took those buttons away. Woopsy!

(February 4, 2018 – 5:38 PM)Souri Corcoran Wrote:  Also, trying to change the character you're posting as in the full post editor doesn't work for me? When I was posting with Time, I selected Souri's account, but it didn't switch her over and it isn't working now. Switching works fine from the quick reply box, though.
This is actually functioning properly! If you look to the left of the drop down after selecting a new character, there's a little refresh button you have to click to do the switch. It may clear your post if you've already started on it but I don't think there's any way about this besides switching in another tab and then making sure to preview before posting.

The following 1 user Likes Ursula Black's post:
   Charming

Switching accounts while on the "edit profile" screen copies the relationship status over to the character you switch to. There probably isn't a way to fix that since I know it was a problem on the last site, too, but it's annoying af D<

Here's a fun one, I don't know if it's just cause I'm the one who did the edit or what, but this appeared when I edited a post:

11 hours ago (This post was last modified: 11 hours ago by Sisse Thompsett.) #31

I don't recall it on the old site. But will admit that #31 has me chuckling.

[Image: 1wsKcIW.jpg]
Pretties from Lady <3
[Image: HFtqdS.jpg]

the board doesn't seem to be responding at the top like everywhere else, even when I'm on 100%

I have to go down to 80% to get everything to line up right (including profiles)

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
(February 9, 2018 – 1:52 AM)Elsie Beauregard Wrote:  [Image: HFtqdS.jpg]

the board doesn't seem to be responding at the top like everywhere else, even when I'm on 100%

I have to go down to 80% to get everything to line up right (including profiles)

Ursula Black that's exactly what it looked like on my Chromebook!

— graphics by lady ❤ —
That's what it looks like for me if my window isn't the biggest it can possibly go, too.

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER
The editing ribbon for posts is not veiwable when editing posts. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3

View a Printable Version