Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Fix Me Up
Ronan waited essentially on what was the tenement's door step for Alina to return, and as she did so she mentally tried to go over the events of last night. The smoke had helped relax her, which in turn helped her figure out what to do next. When Alina finally returned Ronan blocked the doorway with her leg and motioned to a spot on the wall beside her. "We're goin to talk lass." She said quite simply, as she put one cigarette out, only to retrieve a second from bosom, and her wand?

"What's this bit I recall last night, about ye not thinkin I gots faith in ye?" She remember tears and something about no faith, that was about it.

Was her mother serious? She didn't want to go through this again and again. She held out the bundle to her mother, the women's wand still in Alina's shoe. "They didn't go through your pockets." Could her mother please leave it at that?

Magic by Lady!
She dug through the dress once Alina passed it over, her cigarette still perched between her lips, "Then where's me feckin wand?" She was irritated and her gaze moved over to Alina expecting an answer, "And quit tryin to dodge me questions lass." She was in no mood for games or bratty teenager. She wanted to get things sorted. "Answer me questions."

Alina had been reaching for the damn thing when her mother snapped at her. She scoffed and ripped it out from her shoe and held it out by the side, so it wasn't pointed at either of them.

"This is exactly it. No faith. Couldn't wait one second before snapping at me." She growled. She took deep breaths. "I can't do this right now. We don't need another accident." She stated bluntly, trying to move past her mother.

Was bad enough going to that creep once, and she wasn't up for a repeat. She'd ask Martha if any chores were needed to be done for pay. That was what her mind could handle right now.

Magic by Lady!
Ronan took her wand and with a quick bit of magic lit her smoke. She inhaled and on the exhale noticed her daughter try to move by. She snatched her up with the speed of any pick pocket worth their salt, and being bigger and stronger then the girl firmly swung her back up against the wall. "Stand there and shut ye feckin trap." She had about enough of that mouth, and with her own wand out she wondered who would produce a bit of accidental magic first.

"If I ever talk to me Dah like ye did just me he'd beat me til I couldn' stand and leave me to drown in the muck." She took a drag on her smoke again, blowing it so it was not directly in Alina's face. "Now, ye listen, ye hear? I'm ye damn mam. It's me job to keep ye safe, which is why I investigated that place ye got ah job from, wanted to make sure nobody take advantage of ye, wanted to make sure they said what they meant to ye. And as far as not havin faith in ye, use ye feckin head. I wouldn' spend me days slavin away livin with three other families and puttin up with the shit that I do, if me didn' think ye could put the money we be savin to good use. Wouldn' give ah feck if ye knew how to read, write, and do math, if me didn' think ye had enough brain to do somethin with it. Wouldn' let ye work at that feckin store if me thought ye would feck it up for y self!" She took another draft from her smoke, followed by an immediate exhale once again away from her.

"So quit ye bitchin. Ye got a Mam whose still livin, who still loves ye, who would still give ye the damn world if me could. Given ye everything I gots to give, ye got all me faith and all me love to boot...for once ye could be a wee bit greatful." She let her go having said her peace and went back to leaning against the wall. She didn't cry because her strength wouldn't let her, not in public, not out like this. "Go clean the room, it's ah feckin mess."

A fire was growing in her eyes. She was getting pissed off. Urges to rip at Useal's hair, claw at her arms, scream in her face, was starting to creep in the back of her mind. They. Went. Through. This. Damn. Conversation. Last night! At least the stubborn woman had tried to understand then!

She wanted to tear her mother a new one. Wanted to scream until she was blue in the face. There was something in her eyes, a look that would likely only be familiar to Useal and Ella. It was in this angry moment that one could see her father in her eyes as she stared pure daggers at her mother. But Martha put a hand on her shoulder suddenly and it startled her a little. "Come on lass, I'll help ya." The woman said softly before tugging the girl into the apartment.

Magic by Lady!
The look of wanting to kill did not escape Useal, and she took a drag on her fag before exhaling this time in the girl's face. "Calm the feck down and think, don' ruin me good smarts, with ye Dah's petulance." There was no love loss over the girl's father, and she certainly did go toe to toe with the asshole a number of times as well as with Tolly. Some days she won, some days she lost, but they were men who were twice er size and one way or another she gave as good as she got when she did have the opportunity to get one in over them. If Alina wanted to come at her, Useal would take her down a peg physically, wand or no wand. Did the girl really think she was going to win? An 11 year old with no fighting experience vs a 28 year old who had fought for her life on multiple occasions and was still standing to this day, and could legally use magic, and thanks to a bunch of nuns who Useal swore worshiped Satan and not their Savior, knew a few nasty spells of her own.

Martha however kept the blows from happening. She had seen what Useal was capable of in a rage, and knew the woman would be beside herself if she let that anger direct itself physically at Alina. "Better be feckin clean when I get back." Useal called out as they headed back in the house and up the stairs. She could honestly be quite a cunt, and being in that particular mood she pushed off from the wall and headed down the street, with a few coin in her pocket still she was going to have a drink and probably buy herself a pack of smokes.

As Alina's mother spoke, Martha's grip tightened subtly with each word. It was to keep Alina grounded. Keep her out of the red. It was something she did for her husband when he got overly angry at the children. Not one word. That didn't work. Words did work with red vision anger.

She would have likely gone at her mother without a care. Would have kept fighting past her body could handle at that point. But Martha had sense to her, and it was keeping Alina grounded. Far better than her angry mother was. They were not good for each other right now.

The door closed behind them before Alina could hear another word from her mother. And the women got to work. The work kept her busy. It let her simmer down. Martha wouldn't say another thing on the matter unless she had to. She knew better. And she wasn't blinded by the anger these ladies both were.

Magic by Lady!

View a Printable Version