Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

A Different Sort of Resolution: Venus Saga Concludes
— The —
Daily Prophet
Price One Knut
December 31st, 1888
A Different Sort of Resolution: Venus Saga Concludes
Full Scope of Tait’s Activities Now Known

The Department of Magical Law Enforcement has begun sending notification to those affected by the efforts of autumn’s “Mystery Venus”, Miss Victoria Tait.

Miss Tait surrendered herself to Ministry custody early in December after her reportedly well-intentioned efforts to “see the lovelorn happy” resulted in dozens of Amortentia-influenced marriages. While the Ministry of Magic was able to swiftly identify the problem, solicitors were unwilling to process annulments without evidence of foul play. But no longer—Miss Tait has provided a complete list of all recipients, and the Ministry will begin processing these annulments for interested parties on January 2nd, when offices reopen after the new year.

Not everyone is overjoyed by this news, however.

“I love him so much, but I am sure he will leave me now that he has the option,” an anonymous woman confessed to this intrepid reporter. Mr. Polonius Plumtree of Irvingly had a different concern: “It’s too little, too late. I have counselled my daughter and new son-in-law not to go through with an annulment, for even though I am certain of her purity, I know it will remain ever in question after this debacle. The Ministry should be ashamed of how they handled matters, and the culprit should never again see the outside of Azkaban!”

Based on her low likelihood to reoffend and a lack of malice in her actions, Miss Tait’s barrister was able to negotiate a startlingly gentle sentence in exchange for her confession and cooperation: six month’s house arrest, one year’s wand seizure, and an Unbreakable Vow to never knowingly produce or transport love potions again. Given the backlash for her actions, Miss Tait has reportedly moved to an undisclosed address in a muggle area.  
Archie Skeeter
Written by Kayte

Please CC Aldous Crouch on all PMs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version