Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
It's Not Fall Anymore
December 20th, 1888 - Destiny Hotel, London; The Destiny Christmas Ball; Evening
Margaret was admiring all of the lovely décor of the party. Plenty of hard work must have been put in to create such beauty. The mistletoe were pretty, though she tried to avoid being caught under one. It was frosty, and she had shivered every once in a while. Not too much, but a bit. The bonfires were nice, as were the hot drinks.

At the moment she was admiring a lovely ice sculpture of a deer. Such a beautiful creature. She smiled as she thought about how detailed the sculpture was. Especially for ice. It must have been enchanted or made by someone especially gifted in their craft. Her attention was more on the sculpture than on her surroundings. So she hadn't moved out of the way when someone tripped, and they both fell down. She shrieked in shock before hitting the ground and her breathe being knocked out of her.

Dress and hair.

Elaine made pretties
Lionel was enjoying his time at the social event as he usually did. The Destiny Christmas ball was a lovely place to be as well. The ice sculptures were magnificant pieces of magic. He was minding his own business and about to ask a young lady to dance when he noticed a kerfuffle to the left of him. A shriek sounded and he automatically turned to help the poor young lady who had hit the ground. "Are you all right, Miss?" He asked as he helped both her and the person that had tripped her up to their feet. It seemed to have been an honest mistake.

It took a few tries before she finally caught some air back into her lungs. Thankfully not too long before it really started to effect her. Looking at the man who was helping her up, she smiled thankfully. "Yes, thank you." She didn't really blame the person who had tripped. There was ice and it was crowded. It was nice to know that there were people that would go out of their way to help someone in need.

Elaine made pretties
The poor young woman seemed to still be winded. "Perhaps we should get you somewhere you can sit and a nice hot beverage," Lionel suggested, hoping she wouldn't turn out to be injured in some way. She seemed to be standing fine, at the very least but he really would feel more comfortable if she sat down for a spell. At least until she got her bearings.

It was one of the very few times in her life that she wished that these sort of parties welcomed wizarding robes. The corset was likely causing her to feel light headed. "That sounds like... a wonderful idea." She said, having to catch her breath from the sentence that seemed a bit too long for her lungs. Oh, hopefully that would not last for too long.

Elaine made pretties
Lionel noted the young womans apparent inability to quite breathe properly with mild concern. Guiding her to a place where she could sit, he went and procured a mug of hot cocoa for her. Brining it over, he also sat down. It did not feel quite right to leave her on her own. "I am Lionel Lupin," he said, figuring that he might as well introduce himself.

Being able to sit down, it helped her to attempt at taking deep breaths for a moment or two. Smiling at him with appreciation, she took the cup gratefully. "Thank you." She paused and took a few more deep breaths. Her breathing started to feel more natural and regular once more. "I am Margaret Rawlinson. Pleased to meet you."

Elaine made pretties
"You're welcome," he said, figuring he might as well sit down with her. "I'm Lionel Lupin, it's a pleasure to meet you." She seemed pleasant enough so he wasn't adverse to staying with her a little while longer.

Given that he was being so kind, she wasn't at all upset by the prospect of him sitting with her for a while. "Other than your daring rescue, how has your night gone so far?" Other than the fall, she was having a good time so far. Not bad for her first season.

Elaine made pretties
"I am finding it a fine enough time to spend ones evening," Lionel said with a smile. "At the very least, I have had the chance to make your charming acquaintance." He was on the hunt for a wife, after all. That kind of required going through the motions.

Margaret was on the husband hunt for herself. Though her mother was far more determined than she was. While Margaret was in no way against marriage - as she did wish to have children in the near future - she didn't feel in much of a panic from a far away threat of spinsterhood. "It is a rather lovely event. And meeting a kind stranger does make the evening more exciting." She responded. The kind of excitement that she looked forward to. Not the kind that some girls her age get themselves into.

Elaine made pretties
"I'm glad to hear it though I hope that I will no longer be considered a stranger," Lionel said with a smile. He doubted she would be up for a dance but her company was tolerable so far. "Did you attend Hogwarts?" He asked conversationally.

Was she blushing? Perhaps a hint. Oh, please don't seem silly to this charming man. "I did, I am a Gryffindor. You?" One's house seemed to be a good way to get to know someone.

Elaine made pretties
Lionel smiled as the young woman said that she was a Gryffindor. "I'm a Gryffindor as well. I wass a prefect for the house." He had also played Quidditch. All in all, he had been very active in school life.

That certainly was nice. "What an honor. I'm sure your family is quite proud." While not a prefect herself, she had been one to tutor her fellow classmates and offer help when needed.

Elaine made pretties
"I hope they were," Lionel said despite the fact that he didn't really care what his brothers thought. "When you feel up to it, would you like to share a dance with me?" He was not completely adverse to her presence.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dionisia Fisk
May 21, 2018 – 2:22 AM
View a Printable Version