Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

CYOA: Group A
At the subsequent bickering that the group fell into, Finnian's lip tightened and his forehead creased. One thing he wasn't up for today was dying, even if he would be dubbed a hero. He took in a sharp breath and, in attempt to get everyone going, gave the professor a light shove in the direction they were urged to go in.

"You're about to end up a corpse instead if you don't listen to the pretty lady," he breathed with an anxious glance back towards the (brooding?) buffalo. "If you're a Ravenclaw, I'm sure you're smart enough to see that." If they didn't all get moving, he was going to break into a run!

Fortunately, the man seemed to give in after a moment, but it didn't solve the issue of his nerves.

set by MJ!
Post Log
Ignoring the men's conversation, she had rolled her eyes when she heard the part about being a Ravenclaw - resisting the urge to point out that doubted he was the only one, even in their small group - and instead made a point of keeping between the young girl who actually knew where she was going and the young blonde boy who seemed the most fearless about going there. She kept checking over her shoulder on the debutante, feeling protective towards her, and caught the eye of the lawyer, holding his gaze for a moment before turning back to the young duo.

"If you don't have them," she thought aloud, in her quietest bedside voice. "Then how on earth did it get here? They're hardly native."

[Image: bTp7pQ.jpg]
Lady made me sexy <3
The thing looked like little more than a large exotic cow to Ed but that didn't mean he was at all at ease with it.  He'd been through the zoo a time or two as a visitor and even if it had been a resident of the zoo it was out.  As in not in a cage.  As in there was nothing separating it and them.  And was worse was what it could mean for the rest of the zoo and it's residents.

Then some how squabbles about houses and general intelligence and the price of peas in Paris  broke out amongst them.  
"Have some sense man!" was all Ed managed to hiss at the professor but it was lost among the other rebukes. What Ed lacked in animal education he made up for in intuition and intuition told him the bossy woman knew what she was talking about.  "I would wager someone put it here." He muttered with irritation because he didn't honestly care at the moment.   The scale of their task and the stakes at hand were suddenly very real and he cared more that people didnt seem to be moving.

With a firm grip on his cane he moved in the direction Miss MacKay had indicated, his free arm vaguely outstretched in the hope it would have some kind of herding affect on the others.  He could live with dying by his own faults but he'd be damned if he got killed by someone else's stupidity.

Looking to the man who snapped at him and shoved him, he gave a stern look as he would to one of his children when they misbehaved. "I'll advise you to look before you speak, and to not shove anyone. Especially in a tense situation. I had moved before you had done such actions." He said sternly as if speaking to a student he was about to give detention to, though he was quiet enough to not upset the animal in some way.

The fact that this boy had acted as if Jeremy hadn't moved one inch until being shoved was even more insulting than being called an idiot. The fact was, he had moved the moment he had spoken to the woman, listening promptly to what she said. Being accused of doing anything less was implying that he had no brains at all. And thus, it seemed that more than one person felt this way. What was the world coming to, with people saying things without actually looking at the full situation.

Pretties by Bee
He had his doubts that the water-cow-buffalo-whatever was particularly dangerous, even if it really was aggressive as the one woman had said. All the same, he decided not to make eye contact with it, it looked a little too bulky to take down easily even if it did happen to pose a serious threat of bodily harm. Anyway, there were more distracting things to pay attention to, like the bickering with the professor.

While the group had essentially dismissed him, his ego wasn't so easily bruised that he wanted nothing more to do with them and hoped the buffalo murdered the lot of them. He was trapped with them for however long this thing went on and it was probably true that if they ended up fighting each other they'd also end up maimed or dead. Neither option appealed to Spryly.

If he couldn't play leader, he could try peace maker. He was pretty good at talking people round, especially when his life or liberty depended upon it. "Oi Prof!" He sauntered over and flung an arm casually around the man's neck as he fell into step with him. "S'pose I want to get my apparation license 'cause I never got it at school, how would I go about that? Also, I don't actually know how to apparate, would you teach me once we're done 'ere?" He grinned lopsidedly. "Small problem though is I don' 'ave much in the way of money so I couldn't really pay you nothin' but that's no big deal, right? You must get loads from the ol' man at the castle!"

Eyeing up this magnificent set eh? MJ sold her soul to Satan's graphic designer. I wish he'd take mine too.
Annabelle Bones Finnian Byrne Jeremiah Tatting @"Eavan Mackay" Questor Spryly @"Mireille LÉCUYER"  Edmund Grimm
If the men had listened to Miss Mackay without question, this would probably have gone better for them. Instead, the rather bored-looking water buffalo looks away. The real danger lay in her compatriot, a larger, male water buffalo, who had laid hidden in the fog (surprise, these are herd animals!).

He surges past her to charge the group in general, and the stragglers specifically.

The next 'prompt' post will be after either 48 hours have passed from the time of posting (11:20 PM EST on July 8th) or after every member of the party has posted one time if this occurs before that deadline. Please remember that you must post within 72 hours to continue participating. :)
If you did not post last round, you have until 9:30 PM on July 7th before your character risks violent eviction.

Are your characters stuck in the smalltalk loop?
Does your imagination feel like it just can't perform as it used to?
Mid-thread crisis getting you down?
Unable to get that post up?
Is your relationship suffering because of your inability to satisfy your partner?
SUFFER NO MORE!
With a little intervention from The Suggestionizer your RP life could be back on track in no time!

--> Click here for more details <--

Known side-effects include: chronic ridiculousness, immense satisfaction, itching, uncontrollable laughter, burning, deep regret, despair, shock, horror, incidental dismemberment, joy, and death. Use at your own risk!
Finny was fucked, and the wide-eyed, open-mouthed expression on his face made it obvious that even he knew that. His whipped out his wand in an attempt to apparate away before realizing, fuck, magic wasn't working! Rather than act logically, he dropped his wand to the ground and attempted to push past everyone—pretty redhead included—to head towards the bushes in the distance. He hadn't signed up for this. Nope, nope, nope.

set by MJ!
Post Log
A wave of shock fell over him as another man walked over and put his arm on him. At least they weren't tripping over each other in the process! Listening as the man rambled on, he grew slightly less tense as the man talked. Not being able to tell if the man was serious or not, he shook his head slightly in friendly disbelief.

Hearing the rumbling of the hooves coming towards them, he looked over quickly. Well, he could certainly revisit such topic later. "I'll be glad to share such things with you later. Now we must move." He said as calmly as he could. Grabbing the arm that was around his neck, he dragged the lad with him and ran as quickly as he could. What he looked for now was somewhere that the creature could not reach them. All he knew was that he had to think quickly.

Pretties by Bee
Ed felt his jaw fall open as a second... exotic cow appeared out of no where and thundered towards them.  This one was infinitely more menacing and Ed's blood ran cold as he was hit with visceral jolt of just exactly why Miss Mackay had reacted the way she had.  This.  This was what he had worried about when they'd all stood about blabbering but he didn't have time to think about that which was a shame because vindication would have been a nice feeling to have before dying.  

He was vaguely aware of reaching for a nearby person to push them into action or away from the creature or something before moving as quickly as he could out of it's path.  He'd not had much reason to try and run with his prosthetic before but he certainly did now.

The following 1 user Likes Edmund Grimm's post:
   Declan Wood
It had been years since her fitness had been put to the test and Belle's chest felt as though it was on fire as she ran, glancing over her shoulder to judge when would be the best time to try and go sideways to clear a path for the buffalo. It he wanted to come past then she was inclined to bloody well let him and hide until he lost interest in them. But where would be...

The bushes! They weren't exactly up to withstanding a direct attack but at least they would be a good place to hide and with Mr Byrne alongside her at least she wouldn't die alone if it proved a fatal move. She crashed into the twigs, cast a final look over her shoulder, and pushed through a convenient gap to hide in the darkness, legs burning as she crouched but reluctant to move another muscle less she expose them.

"I hope you don't mind the company Mr Byrne," she whispered, reaching out to grasp his arm tightly, fear propelling her actions.

The following 1 user Likes Annabelle Bones's post:
   Edric Umbridge

[Image: bTp7pQ.jpg]
Lady made me sexy <3
If it weren't for logic telling him he was not, he would have sworn his body was aflame. The humidity and heat meant that he had to use twice the energy to breathe, and he could taste the sweat as they dripped down from his forehead. The only saving grace was the sudden presence of Mrs. Bones—and Merlin was she beautiful, even when she looked terrified. (Arguably she looked even more appealing, as her fear meant he could be her savior!)

He reached out and squeezed the hand on her arm in an attempt to comfort her.

"Not at all, Mrs. Bones," he breathed (or wheezed, in this case). "I hope that—"

He could hear rustling around them, but wasn't sure if there was another person or a creature there.

The following 2 users Like Finnian Byrne's post:
   Declan Wood, Elladora Black

set by MJ!
Post Log
Fuck.

It was all Eva could think of as a bull buffalo emerged from the fog near the female. "Scramble! Get behind something!" She shouted as she herself turned tail and ran for it, trying to give herself just enough distance to think. Thank Merlin she'd worn pants today. If one of those boys didn't get gored she was likely to deck one of them afterward.

"Come on you big brute," She called, stopping to wave both hands at the bull to get its attention. If she could get it to charge her and not somebody else, she could likely scale the nearby tree and maybe it would lose interest or knock itself out, who knew!

Though if they got that one taken care of there could be more, herd animals after all. Hopefully they could all get out of this section of the zoo and onto a gated section.

The following 1 user Likes Eavan Miller's post:
   Declan Wood

5Potfd.png
Before Spryly could digest what was happening he was being pulled along by the professor. A glance back told him that the buffalo was giving chase. Was that the same buffalo? He didn't remember it looking so nasty. "SHIT!" he bellowed as he realized it was coming right for them.

While Spryly lacked many skills in life what he didn't lack was agility. He was lithe and speedy and had had plenty of practice running with people in hot pursuit of him. He put on a burst of speed and started to run flat out but didn't consider the professor. "We've gotta split up!" He yanked his arm free and bolted. "OI!" He whistled loudly, hoping it would draw the buffalo's attention. He was vaguely aware someone else was trying to do the same thing but he didn't have the mental capacity at that moment to do anything with that information. He ran until he spotted a tall signpost and threw himself at it clumsily, winding himself. I will not die at the hand of the world's ugliest damn cow, I will not! He wheezed and tried to scale the signpost. "I'll eat you-" he gasped for air, "-in a pie, you bastard!" He assumed the thing was following him, he couldn't actually tell anymore.

The following 1 user Likes Questor Spryly's post:
   Declan Wood

Eyeing up this magnificent set eh? MJ sold her soul to Satan's graphic designer. I wish he'd take mine too.
Annabelle Bones Finnian Byrne Jeremiah Tatting @"Eavan Mackay" Questor Spryly Edmund Grimm
The buffalo hits Miss Lecuyer first; she is flung very far and will be picked up by the Infirmary within an hour. It then lowers its head and stomps its foot and prepares to charge Miss Mackay - runs - and vanishes into dust just before the collision.

Miss Mackay is left standing.

It is as if the buffalo was never there; or it would be, if it was not for its trampled path, and Miss Lecuyer's injuries. The others are left
alive - lucky for them, for they certainly tried their best otherwise! - and standing, and the zoo no longer sounds silent: instead it sounds dreadfully alive, full of the sound of critters who do not live their normally. (Is that a sacred ibis on Mr. Spryly's signpost?)

Now what?

The next 'prompt' post will be after either 48 hours have passed from the time of posting (1:20 AM EST on July 10th*) or after every member of the party has posted one time if this occurs before that deadline. Please remember that you must post within 72 hours to continue participating. :)
*I intend on being asleep at this time so, like, probably later

The following 1 user Likes The Suggestionizer's post:
   Edric Umbridge

Are your characters stuck in the smalltalk loop?
Does your imagination feel like it just can't perform as it used to?
Mid-thread crisis getting you down?
Unable to get that post up?
Is your relationship suffering because of your inability to satisfy your partner?
SUFFER NO MORE!
With a little intervention from The Suggestionizer your RP life could be back on track in no time!

--> Click here for more details <--

Known side-effects include: chronic ridiculousness, immense satisfaction, itching, uncontrollable laughter, burning, deep regret, despair, shock, horror, incidental dismemberment, joy, and death. Use at your own risk!
There was noise—noise he really didn't want to be hearing. It was trampling, and then a loud noise (maybe a scream? a gasp?) that was followed by rustling bushes. Almost immediately, the zoo went from dead silence to noisy, just like a regular zoo might be on a busy day.

Alarmed, Finnian glanced back towards Mrs. Bones and firmly took hold of her hand as they stood, this time more for his own comfort than hers. Were they going to die? Would it be safer to stay there? Or should they go?

He looked at her expectantly as if she would answer his unspoken question.

set by MJ!
Post Log
He didn't bother to convince Mr. Spryly from choosing how he wished to save himself. It was a waste of his own time. He had found a high enough fence to climb that the creature could not knock him off of. Turning to look when it sounded as though something was hit, Jeremy watched in horror as Miss Lécuyer went flying through the air. Had she been in the same place that she had when the group had ran? Or was Jeremy just mistaken due to his own shock? If she had been in the same spot, it was likely from shock. Poor girl.

Then the creature ran towards Miss MacKay, and... vanished. Just like that. What a shocking sight. Never mind that, he rushed to where the poor girl had landed. Looking over her injuries, he wasn't sure how badly she was hurt. At least he hadn't pursued a career in healing.

Pretties by Bee

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by The Suggestionizer
August 1, 2018 – 4:06 PM
August 1, 2018 – 4:05 PM
August 1, 2018 – 4:03 PM
August 1, 2018 – 3:57 PM