Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

*N/A*
Adoptable Characters

UPDATED: October 19th, 2023

Sherryl's Adoptables
RULES
❧ If you wish to reserve any of the characters listed below, please contact me directly through PMs or on Discord (violettthunder26) if I am not reachable on the site.
❧ If you are able, please try your best to be as active as you can. While some activity can be added as a nice addition, I truly understand if real life happens to get in the way.
❧ Things happen for a reason. If, for any reason at all, you're planning on dropping any characters, whether it's temporary or permanent, please let me know. I will, however, be touching base and checking in with you if there happens to be any form of inactivity from your side. If I do not hear back, unless it's temporary, I am going to assume that you are no longer interested and have since then dropped the character. Therefore, this would give me the right to reserve any character(s) listed here that you have played and place them back up for adoption.

For Cordie
Cordie Middlemiss

--- MIDDLEMISS

b. 1865 | Middle Class Muggleborn | Former Hufflepuff | Open Occupation | Suggested PB: Samantha Barks

Cordie’s identical twin sister - As the quote goes, “Twice the blessing, twice the fun. Two miracles instead of one!” The oldest by 10 minutes, she and Cordie are attached to the hip. Whether they share the same instincts, tendencies, or preferences, which can explain why they may do things that are eerily similar, this duo shares a special bond that makes them extremely close. Having a twin is like a teammate for life.

========================================================================================

This is an adoptable character request for Cordie’s twin sister, her first name being open to any first name that piques interest. She is older than Cordie by 10 minutes and the two share a very special bond. While her occupation, reputation, personality, backstory, and relationship status are up to the player, I picture her being a former Hufflepuff alongside Cordie during their Hogwarts years. The suggested and strongly preferred play-by is Manx actress and singer, Samantha Barks.

SALVATORE HOWLETT

b. 1863 | Middle Class (OPEN BLOOD STATUS) | Open Occupation | Suggested PB: William Moseley

Cordie's fiancé - Salvatore was the apple of Cordie's eye and the love of her life. The two soon became acquainted during their first-ever interaction at an art gallery in downtown London before beginning their courtship. They soon became engaged after being in a courtship for a decent amount of time and are preparing for their wedding that will happen in six months to a year.

========================================================================================

This is an adoptable character request for Cordie’s fiancé, Salvatore, though his name can be changed if needed. He is older than Cordie by, depending on the day and month that he was born, a year-and-a-half to two years, and the two became acquainted after their first meeting before getting into the next steps of courtship and engagement. While his occupation, reputation, personality, and backstory are up to the player, I picture him having to have been engaged to Cordie for quite some time. The suggested play-by is English actor, William Moseley. While the suggested alternative play-by is Paul Wesley, I am open to seeing whichever face claim can go with the name.

SALVATORE HOWLETT has been reserved for CHRIS

[Image: Cordie-Middlemiss-Signa.gif]
Copyright © 2024 Sherryl
The Stanwell Family

Welcome to the Stanwell Family, a Disney inspired family, because I am obsessed. I'm open to additional cousin branches, as well, though I'd prefer they have some inspiring influence. Not necessarily Disney, but something pretty well-known.

This family now has a channel in the Charming Discord server!

I only have a few rules. First and most important, please contact me before making any character connected to mine, whether they have a full advertisement or not. I’d like to make sure your character fits into the vision I have in my head. Second, play-bys are largely just suggestions, though as this is a family ad, this one's more set; the cousins may be biracial. Names and reputations are somewhat negotiable, though should be appropriate for the ad.

Melody Stanwell

Fitzwilliam Stanwell
"Maurice"
b. 1835 | 9
Open class of '53 | UCPB
suggested: Bill Nighy

Eccentric is perhaps the best word to describe Fitzwilliam. An inventor and occasional big game hunter, Fitzwilliam is a devoted father, in that Victorian way. He's not necessarily hands-off, but he's also not entirely hands-on, either, leaving most of the raising of his children to the nanny and, subsequently, the governess, while indulging each child's interests as best he can.

Adelia Stanwell
"Wendy"
b. 1846 | 9
Open class of '64 | UCHB
suggested: Lesley Manville

Much more hands-on than her husband, Adelia used to tell her children fantastic stories of her own creation at bedtime, and hopes she's passed the tradition on to her daughters — as it was something her own mother once did. Adelia is also a daydreaming type, a trait she's managed to hold onto since her own girlhood. It's possible that since her youngest moved out of the nursery, Adelia has begun publishing her fictions under a psuedonym.

Eira Murphy
Played by Kelly
b. 1866 | 9
Open class of '84 '82 | UCHB
suggested: Emilia Clarke

The eldest daughter is meant to have a charmed life. A perfect life. "Elsa" never had that — at the age of seven, her first act of magic was a violent one, resulting in the death of her second brother, Archibald. Elsa was never quite the same afterwards, reluctantly attending Hogwarts though she'd rather self-isolate in her depression. She believes herself a monster, though many around her insist she is anything but. She was pulled from Hogwarts for finishing at the end of her fifth year, and has since married, though it was an arrangement and not a love match.

Xander Stanwell
Played by Sallie
b. 1868 | 9
Open class of '86 | UCHB
suggested: Sam Heughan

A firstborn son and heir through and through, "Clayton" is beyond a spoiled brat — he's a legitimately violent and prejudiced young man who actively wishes he could own a werewolf's pelt. The one hobby he shares with his father is an interest in game hunting — whether magical or not — and he despises that most dragons are effectively protected species. He wishes he had been in London during the dragon attack, purely for the opportunity to kill one of the dragons. He keeps his more extreme interests behind closed doors — he's not Gaston after all.

"Milo" Stanwell
b. 1870 | 9
Open class of '88 | UCHB
suggested: Harris Dickinson

Unequivocally the nerdy brother, "Milo" grew up in two shadows — first, that of "Clayton," the spoiled firstborn, and second, Archibald, the one who died. He always wanted to follow in the footsteps of his maternal grandfather, a trained curse-breaker and explorer, and make some big discovery for the magical world. Not that his grandfather ever actually did that, but hey, a guy can dream about outshining his ancestor, right? His parents have thus far shot down his every attempt at becoming an explorer, but he studies ancient texts, and is currently obsessed with Atlantis (obvi).

Astoria Stanwell
Played by Athena
b. 1873 | 9
Open class of '91 | UCHB
suggested: Kathryn Newton

"Aurora" is everything Adelia and Fitzwilliam wish their firstborn daughter was. Kind, poised, friendly, and optimistic, she is practically perfect in every way for an upper class daughter. Unfortunately, she's also got incredibly high standards, and has shut down at least three proposals of marriage since entering into society. Unlike her sister, "Aurora" was not pulled from Hogwarts after her fifth year for finishing, instead launching straight from Hogwarts into society, like so many other young ladies today.

Rosabella Stanwell
Played by Kit
b. 1876 | 9
Open class of '94 | UCHB
suggested: Katherine Langford

To say that "Milo" is "Belle's" favorite sibling is putting things mildly. She eagerly reads the books he's finished, and discusses his theories. She is a feminist, and would love to work as a librarian or museum curator, if it weren't for the fact that her parents insist she follow tradition. Face has been updated to reflect the face being actually used. >_>

"Ursula" Penn
b. 1840 | 9
Slytherin class of '52/53 | UCPB
suggested: Polly Walker

"Ursula" is not an unkind, unfeeling woman. She cares, truly, about some things. Money, her sons, her house — which formerly belonged to her late second husband. She likes to make deals with those downtrodden — not all of them, of course, but the desperate ones. She's known to sponsor the rehabilitation of fallen women, though she will rescind that favor if something she doesn't like happens, and has made deals with her own nieces and nephews...

"Hans" Matson
b. 1861 | 9
Slytherin class of '79 | UCPB
suggested: Colin O'Donoghue

Greedy, manipulative, and on the hunt for a wife who can grant him greater status, it's not hard to see which parent "Hans" takes after. He's certainly a mama's boy, and has studied his mother's every move for some years now. Still, he is a firstborn son, with an estate to call his own, but somehow he wants more. He's an ambitious snake through and through.

"Eugene" Matson
b. 1864 | 9
Open class of '82 | UCPB
suggested: Colin Morgan

While he is the nicer brother, "Eugene" is a known rake — and secret kleptomaniac. He has a very wild personality, unlike his older brother, but he's still generally nice. How else can a rake thrive but by being nice to the ladies? He's also an excellent keeper of secrets, a fantastic dancer, and quite honestly, a little bit adorkable. He never steals too much from one target, usually something small, and keeps them in a chest in his room.

"Ella" Penn
b. 1876 | 9
Open class of '94 | UCHB
suggested: Alice Nokes

"Ella" did not have the greatest fortune as a young girl. Her mother died in childbirth, and two years later, her father remarried. Then, at the delicate young age of four years old, her father died suddenly. Now at the mercy of her cruel stepmother, she counts her lucky stars to be allowed to continue at Hogwarts, because her stepmother is very controlling. She expects to be pushed into an arranged marriage within two years of graduation, just to get her out of the house.

[Image: Sig-1.jpg]
Hey everyone!! So, I'm on the lookout for specific characters. I really need family members for Killian. If you're keen on playing one of his siblings, shoot me a pm. I've got descriptions below, but they're more like guidelines, not strict profiles.

Also, I'd love to find someone to play Killian's ex-girlfriend. I'm pretty chill about the character's details, but I've put down some thoughts in the description.

On a side note, the play-by's are all suggestions. I'm open to alternatives!

Rules:
- Send me a pm if you wish to adopt a character
- If they go inactive long-term, I might ask for the character back

The Claxton siblings

Saoirse Róisín Claxton
16 years | Slytherin | 9 rep | Pureblood | Play-by: Charly Jordan

Saoirse Róisín Claxton is the first daughter but the third child of the Claxton family. To outsiders, her life appears as a fairytale, a perception Saoirse meticulously maintains. From a young age, she has embodied elegance – poised, confident, fashion-forward, and commanding any room she enters. Saoirse's charm is as sharp as her cunning, skilled in saying the right thing at the perfect moment for her advantage. For her, the spotlight is not just desirable; it's essential.

However, life at Claxton Manor is far from the dream it seems. Attention at home was earned, not given, and growing up in a high-profile pureblood family involved glitzy events with the purist elite and a fair share of dark magic. Saoirse, despite her popularity, often feels overlooked by her family. The attention from her parents usually comes in the form of criticism, disguised as 'helpful' advice.

This lack of notice from her parents lit a fire in Saoirse. She's been chasing perfection, hoping one day they'll really see her. But no matter how hard she tries, she often feels overshadowed by Killian, her older brother. He's the eldest son, the heir – he gets all the attention without even trying, something that he doesn't even want. While Saoirse envies him for the spotlight he effortlessly holds, Killian feels trapped by it, wishing for nothing more than a bit of freedom.

Naturally, their relation is complicated. Saoirse sees Killian as the barrier between her and everything she wants, while he sees her as overly dramatic. Yet, after the passing of their brother Aiden, they have grown somewhat closer, and despite their difference, Killian at least, is very protective of his younger sister.

Behind Saoirse's composed exterior, there's a bit of a drama queen that only a few get to see. She's got a love for the latest gossip, a real soft spot for romance, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She's ambitious, aiming to outdo everyone in everything from fashion to spellcasting. Her dream is marrying well, throwing lavish events like her mother, and landing a powerful position in the Ministry of Magic.

Blair Róisín Claxton
14 years | Slytherin | 9 rep | Pureblood | Play-by: Thylane Blondeau

At 14, Blair Claxton is the unconventional member of her traditional pureblood family, often leaving people wondering about her true lineage. Blair exudes a sunny disposition, readily smiles at nearly everyone around, and possesses the ability to strike up a conversation with just about anyone.  She’s curious by nature and blunt by default. She cannot read a room even if her life depended on it, and sometimes she oversteps, but it’s not intentional.

Despite sometimes being annoying with her incessant questions and chatter, Blair's likability is undeniable. She befriends people easily, despite her parents' disapproval. Being the youngest and "least important" grants her a certain freedom, allowing her to adopt a more carefree approach to life.

Blair's trusting and straightforward nature is a rarity in her family. She is quick to forgive and forget, but this also makes her vulnerable to manipulation, especially within a family involved in dark arts. This is why Killian is very protective of his younger sister, and despite their differences, they often get a good laugh out of being in each other’s company.

Blair is intelligent but also easily distractible and quite impulsive. She easily excels in subjects that pique her interest, while the rest of the classes are something she puts off until forced to do otherwise. She’s passionate about classes such as magical creatures, astronomy, and herbology, subjects that fascinate her far beyond the typical interests of the Claxton household.

The loss of her brother Aiden deeply impacted Blair. Rather than turning inward, this event seemed to amplify her friendly demeanour and reinforce her commitment to living in the present. She often acts based on instinct and personal values rather than adhering to the rigid expectations of her family or societal norms. Blair's spontaneous and restless nature frequently leads her into unplanned adventures and unforeseen consequences.

The one that got away

Name: Undecided
17 years | Gryffindor | Rep 9 | Half-blood | Play-by: Nana Debrev

I'm searching for Killian's ex-girlfriend. Normally, he's not one to get attached, but there was something different about this girl. He developed strong feelings for her, yet had to end the relationship due to his parents' disapproval. They dated for about a year, keeping it a secret until his family discovered the truth. Coming from a purist family, they didn't react well to their eldest son dating a half-blood girl.

I lack specifics about the ex-girlfriend, hence the absence of a name, etc. Feel free to be creative! However, I envision her as someone who can match wits with Killian. Given his provocative nature, she should be able to respond in kind and enjoy a good laugh, even at her own and Killian's expense. It would be a bonus if she was ambitious, had an adventurous side, or at least occasionally used to go along with his reckless ideas. I imagine her as being more open and vulnerable than Killian, who tends to be more guarded and frankly does not know how to navigate romantic relationships. She could come from a vastly different background and serve as a positive influence on him – perhaps she used to challenge his family’s values and the path they have set for him.

Although being out of his comfort zone, I believe Killian would have gone out of his way to make her happy. He would attempt romantic gestures – in his own way – and try to make her laugh, encourage her to take (helpful) risks, and have a good time, as that is really his field of expertise.

However, I imagine their relationship ended on a sour note since breaking up due to parental disapproval isn’t particularly romantic. Furthermore, Killian is not one to wear his emotions on his sleeve, so he likely ended things in a straightforward and detached manner, likely coming off as a jerk without intending to. Despite this, he still looks for his ex in the hallways and retains a soft spot for her, though he would never admit it – not even to himself. If they bump into each other, Killian will act as if nothing had changed between them, possibly oblivious to—or unwilling to acknowledge—how he had hurt his ex (and himself). However, it would be fun if the ex-girlfriend was not as easy-going about everything!

[Image: 15.jpg]
For Enid

Hello friends!  Before we get started, I do have a few policies regarding my adoptables:
  • Please reserve your character with me before apping!
  • Obviously, I'd prefer activity from anyone to take these on XD If, after six months, I don't think you're doing much with them (I have very lax standards, don't worry!), I reserve the right to ask you to give them up so someone more active may take them on.
  • I'll give you two weeks after losing a character in an AC before I put them back up for grabs! If you drop them via Maintenance, they become immediately available again. If you just want to temp drop them, talk to me first! :)
  • Anyone picking up one of my ads must include the family and personality sections. I provide the family in all my applications so just mentioning the names is quite fine by me. Personality can be as minimal as three basic traits, just so I know for sure that our ideas of the character mesh.
To learn more about the Glynns and Avalon Glen, please read about the Glen (and Enid's oldest brother Rhys) here! All of the below live at Fairtree Farm in Avalon Glen. If you have any questions about any of the characters below, fire off a PM to Cassius Lestrange, catch me on discord, or stalk me in the cbox ;)

Last updated December 10th

Evan Glynn
[Image: tumblr_inline_ppttmwMqEI1ucuavm_250.gifv]
B. 1869-1871| WCHB | OPEN HOUSE | OPEN OCCUPATION
Evan is the second son of the Glynn family. He's a flirt with the village girls, and has changed jobs a few times since leaving Hogwarts — usually because his flirtations got him in trouble. He completed a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 5, years at Hogwarts. He does not work with dragons, but is not expected to inherit the farm, so his occupation is open.

Pictured is Josh Hutcherson, with alternatives to be white with darkish hair.

IMMEDIATE TIES: Enid Glynn Gwyn Conway
BONUS TIES: Nigel Yarwood Madoc Yarwood Howell Howell Raj Sandow Matilda Farris Avery Davenport

Vaughn Glynn
[Image: df29db13b8bcf8feae71169b662237c0e645347a.gif]
B. 1872| WCHB | NOT-RAVENCLAW| OPEN OCCUPATION
Vaughn has always been a little intense — he can have a temper, and roughhoused with boys in Hogwarts when he was a student there. He's also a smidge impulsive. He is a very loyal friend when you get to know him — but Enid sometimes worries he's going to get himself in trouble. He completed a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 5, years at Hogwarts. He does not work with dragons, but is not expected to inherit the farm, so his occupation is open.

Pictured is Tom Blyth, with alternatives to be white with darkish hair.

BONUS TIES: Nigel Yarwood Madoc Yarwood Howell Howell Raj Sandow Matilda Farris Avery Davenport

Morgan Glynn
[Image: b44826613f4a0354c865a8ade23f468ff9cd825d.gif]
B. 1874| WCHB | NOT SLYTHERIN | SMOKE & SCALE WAITRESS
Morgan works at Smoke & Scale, the local pub in Avalon Glen, but dreams of adventure outside of the Glen. She has also harbored a crush on one of her female Hogwarts friends since they were 12. Morgan completed a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 4 years at Hogwarts — dropping out before her twin sister, Isolde. Pictured is Rachel Sennott, with alternatives to be white with dark hair.

Isolde Glynn
B. 1874| WCHB | OPEN HOUSE | SOCIAL & GOSSIP REPORTER
  Isolde has always been a rather notorious gossip — keeping her siblings up to date on all-things Avalon Glen. It didn't surprise anyone, then, when she finished her O.W.L.s and became a Social & Gossip Reporter for the Daily Prophet. Isolde completed five years at Hogwarts. Her identical twin is Morgan. Pictured is Rachel Sennott, with alternatives to be white with dark hair. played by bee Isolde Glynn

Nimue Glynn
[Image: c0f17c8eeddf2e195a8439691acf108d797d68ee.gif]
B. 1875-1877| WCHB | OPEN HOUSE | OPEN OCCUPATION
 Nimue has been struggling to land where she would like to be since leaving Hogwarts — and resents her siblings Rhys and Enid for receiving scholarships to finish their schooling. She completed a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 5 years at school. She does not work with dragons, but her occupation is open. Pictured is Sara Waisglass, with alternatives to be white with dark hair.

Cadogan Glynn
[Image: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773...392e676966]
B. 1878-1879| WCHB | OPEN HOUSE | STUDENT
 Cadogan is the youngest of the Glynn children, and is currently in his fourth or fifth year at Hogwarts. He desperately wants to keep his scholarship after this year, because he has ambitious plans for after school — which are totally open! He has always been reserved, and is more like Enid than any of their other siblings. Pictured is Joe Locke, with alternatives to be white with dark hair.

Reserved for Gin

Bonus Glynns
Aneurin Glynn | Enid's Father | WCHB | b. 1847ish | did not complete Hogwarts | owner/operator of Fairtree Farm
Winifred Glynn | Enid's Mother | WCHB | b. 1847ish | did not complete Hogwarts | manager of Fairtree Farm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Harley Fawcett
March 6, 2024 – 6:11 AM
View a Printable Version