Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Modern AU Headcanons Thread
(February 19, 2018 – 9:20 PM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  You know what we should use this thread for? AU Headcanons. Shit like "Modern day Ben would have stayed at university for five or six years, as long as he could string out his parent's money/his sports scholarship, and then graduated with whatever-the-hell degree he could salvage out of his mostly terribly sporadic courseload."

Stuff that is sort of fun to read but has no actual impact on the character / will not be something anyone needs to reference in the future xD

SO LET IT BE.

MJ is MAGICAL
I just put mine in my profiles. xD (Declan has done a nudy painting of Ursula Black, for instance.)

The following 2 users Like Declan Wood's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Ophelia Devine
(February 19, 2018 – 7:47 PM)Declan Wood Wrote:  I just put mine in my profiles. xD (Declan has done a nudy painting of Ursula Black, for instance.)
It's hard for people to follow them if you simply stuff them in the depths of your profiles :P

MJ is MAGICAL
(February 19, 2018 – 7:52 PM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote:  
(February 19, 2018 – 7:47 PM)Declan Wood Wrote:  I just put mine in my profiles. xD (Declan has done a nudy painting of Ursula Black, for instance.)
It's hard for people to follow them if you simply stuff them in the depths of your profiles :P

Actually it'd probably be easier to find in profiles if you want a specific character, otherwise you have to trudge through pages upon pages of irrelevant posts Wink

pfffttt but sometimes I ain't lookin' for a specific person :P

MJ is MAGICAL
You could always post them here if you've added something? Idk, I'm lazy. xD

I've been sticking them in my profiles, too! If I don't find something to fill up the "Other" section I will never even out my profiles and I just can't live with that aesthetically xD

Also I have on multiple occasions gone looking for my own headcanons in the old thread and it's taken me forever to find them, and then when I do I just end up putting them in profiles for quicker access anyway. Wink

EDIT: Oh, and what Te said; if you just want to ramble about your characters and it's not really relevant info for their profile, do that to your heart's content... but then I feel like it's almost more of a "Games" forum thing xD

You know what we should use this thread for? AU Headcanons. Shit like "Modern day Ben would have stayed at university for five or six years, as long as he could string out his parent's money/his sports scholarship, and then graduated with whatever-the-hell degree he could salvage out of his mostly terribly sporadic courseload."

Stuff that is sort of fun to read but has no actual impact on the character / will not be something anyone needs to reference in the future xD

The following 3 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Bella Scrimgeour, Declan Wood
Modern AU Ben brings girlfriends to family events that he's forced to attend. It's always a different girl and Aldous & Roman don't bother to learn their names because they'll never be back, they just refer to them by descriptive monikers. When Ben is out of the room, they have conversations like:

Aldous: Well, she's better than Nosering.
Roman: Everyone is better than Nosering.
Aldous: They do seem to be going downhill, generally. It almost makes you miss Hell's Angels Girl.
Roman: Aldous. She was literally in an American biker gang.
Aldous: Yes. Well. She was nice otherwise.

Art and Ben specifically pick out girls who will shock and appall his family, like it's a game, and then after family events they have a debrief where Ben describes Aldous & Roman's facial expressions in great detail.

Actually it's kind of a defense mechanism, because if Aldous & Roman are busy berating him for his choice in women they won't have time to berate him for anything else. So the theory goes.

The following 5 users Like Reuben Crouch's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Bella Scrimgeour, Cassius Lestrange, Declan Wood, Roberto Devine

MJ made this <3
Modern AU Bella wanted to go to college to become a doctor, but her family was super sexist and told her she'd made a better nurse, so she basically gave them all the middle finger by going to major in chemistry. Whenever they berate her on things they have no business knowing about, she offhandedly mentions that "she learned to make so-and-so and it's frequently used as a murder weapon" simply for the sake of making them awfully uncomfortable.

MJ is MAGICAL
This really isn't a specific character headcanon and more like a general thing I've always thought comparing Harry Potter vs. Modern Times™, especially since the adult potion brewing competition has come back :P

While potions is usually the magical equivalent to chemistry, I've always thought that it was more like math in practice. It's one of those things that you can get good at if you really put in effort and keep practicing over time, but after a while of not doing it you find yourself going from being able to do calculus to double-checking your division xD

I've also considered Charms and basic spell magic to be like English because of the creativity involved in it. Transfiguration has always the science-y subject in my brain because it how it's described on HP wiki as altering the molecular structure, which sounds way more like chemistry to me.

#JustThoughts

The following 1 user Likes Holly Scrimgeour's post:
   Declan Wood

set by MJ <3
Modern Ben is probably drunk at a party more nights than not, but he's also (surprisingly enough) one of those responsible drunks. He's probably spent more time than anyone hanging out in bathrooms holding girls' hair back while they vomit (even when he's not actively trying to sleep with them), is that guy who starts handing out waters people didn't ask for at one AM, surreptitiously hides people's keys so they can't drive, and routinely has like 4 people sleeping on the floor of his room because he didn't feel good about kicking them out to make their way home.

MJ made this <3
Modern/muggle AU August works for Amnesty International

The following 2 users Like August Echelon-Arnost's post:
   Declan Wood, Ophelia Devine

[Image: PxGk0D8.jpg]
set by Bree
Modern Blythe is that awkward religious homeschool girl who starts public school in like...grade 11 and has no idea what's going on.

Are You a Believer?Join the Faithful!

— graphics by rune ❤ —
(June 3, 2018 – 2:51 PM)Blythe Fairchild Wrote:  
Modern Blythe is that awkward religious homeschool girl who starts public school in like...grade 11 and has no idea what's going on.

And eventually kills them all with her telekinetic powers? xD

The following 4 users Like Elladora Black's post:
   Acacia Darlington, Benjamin Ross, Blythe Fairchild, Cassius Lestrange

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
Modern/Muggle AU Finnian was definitely the kid in high school to immediately suggest a "kissing booth" fundraiser for their senior trip. (And then volunteered the run it by himself :P)

set by MJ!
Post Log

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jacques Michaud
July 24, 2022 – 10:01 PM
Last Post by Sirius Black
June 6, 2020 – 10:10 PM
Last Post by Ruby Urquart
March 24, 2020 – 4:22 PM
View a Printable Version