Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
smelling like a bonfire, lost in a haze
March 31st, 1894 — Pennyworth, Hogsmeade
It had been a bad day. There was a cut in the middle of Ivy's lip, and while that was the only immediately visible evidence of the fight she'd gotten in with the criminal, her coat hid bruises on her arms. She'd been on her stoop since getting home, progressively drinking her way through a pack of beers they'd had in the icebox — she was on the second when she saw him.

"Do you have a cigarette?" Ivy called from her stoop. She had observed enough of Callum Spinnet to be sure that he smoked — whether or not he would indulge her, she couldn't be sure. The boys lived on the same street in Pennyworth as her and Winnie did, but Spinnet was the one she was most willing to talk to — she could never remember the third, but Abernathy was too odd. (Despite the oddness — Ivy would have taken even Abernathy for company right now.)

Callum Spinnet Aldous Crouch

[Image: bARRl0u.png]
set by MJ
Moving out may have allowed Cal to escape his mother's interest in attending church services, but losing a formal employer had consigned him once again to family luncheon each week. He grumbled about it, of course, as any young man should, but he didn't mind, not really. He loved his family well enough, he just didn't wish to live with them full-time. The long trek home from the farm, which lay about three miles outside of the village's borders, was nearly at its conclusion when his attention was drawn to a nearby stoop.

Obligingly, Cal reached into his coat pocket and took out his cigarette case—which was nicer than a footman had any business having, and had not been obtained by wholly legitimate means—tossing it in Miss Sandow's direction. He had learned early on that the auror and her flatmate were best not trifled with—not because they weren't deserving, though with a split lip, Miss Sandow did not presently look the picture of feminine charm, but because they were self-possessed in a way that could cause him physical damage if he wound up on the bad side of either.

"Forget to put a mug away and tick off Miss Moony, then?" he asked with a sardonic smile, gesturing towards her face (though really, it was more to her, generally) with his head.

Ivy caught the cigarette case out of the air, and slid one out of the case. She set it down next to her and patted the stoop beside her — if Spinnet was giving her a cigarette, she could allow him to sit near her.

"I'd look much worse if that were the case," Ivy said, grinning crookedly back at him. She tasted the rust in her mouth. With a silent flick of her wand, Ivy lit the cigarette. She took a drag.

The following 1 user Likes Ivy Sandow's post:
   Aldous Crouch

set by MJ
"Call me old fashioned," Callum returned, "but I generally prefer to drown my sorrows indoors."

Ivy's expression twisted into a wry smile. She couldn't tell him the truth — that she was waiting for Dorset, or Winnie, or someone. "Do you ever get punched at work?" she asked. "'Cause it sours me on being alone."

set by MJ

View a Printable Version