Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Re-Introducting Adrestia

This is Adrestia Dantés - sweet, heiress - out for revenge.

She was created for a Count of Monte Cristo Plot that has floundered but is theoretically still in the background. Her father was ruined by the upper-class family he was in business with - or at least she blames them for that. He died, and she was shipped off to India where her anger fermented. She has returned - seeking vengeance.

She was educated in Mandira before returning to England more than a year ago. Since then she has been doing the heiress thing, ingratiating herself to society matriarchs, donating obscenely to charity, and presenting herself as the paragon of feminine society virtue. Seeking to get close to the family she blames for ruining hers.

She comes across as sweet, charming, inoffensive, and ladylike. She is actually a very adept liar and actress, who is truly ruthless.

She is theoretically capable of being led just about anywhere by any plot hook.
  • Friends - Almost no real ones. She has probably a circle of very socially acceptable friends.
    Like her hurl category, one or two people getting through her armour and being trusted with the 'real' her. These are likely to be 'darker' individuals, but it would be nice to have a sunny influence that makes her feel a bit guilty about being so deceptive.

• Romans/enemies - THE FAMILY. I'd love for this to be a specific family. There is no immediate plot needs or thread commitments - and long term fermenting hatred could be interesting.

• Countrymen/love - Hurlable - technically. She does aim to seduce the son - or maybe a daughter of the family who wronged her, and ruin them...you know vengeance. But there is the capacity for a ray of light to bring her out, or a dark soul to make her worse.

• Lend Me Your Ears! -I'd love for someone to play 'Ramdas' - he is a former hit wizard, he is the closest thing she has to family (Abbé Faria - in the book). Teacher, mentor, and expert dueler who trains Addie in offensive magic on a regular basis.

• Momento Mori - She is a Rook, she traded for information and is now bound to the Merchant. DEFINITELY want stuff for this plot - other members of the organisation,

• META highjinks - she is a metamorph, and goes out frequently as a servant, man, etc and so could theoretically play any role in a thread!

[Image: NObv2Tw.jpeg]
I can offer the Minks family as the ones responsible for her father's downfall. Edgar is the only one played and the youngest and not too much older than she is. He's definitely a darker sort and something of a con man himself so it'll be interesting to see how they relate over time.

I could see her getting into some Merchant stuff with him - especially if he doesn't have a deal already, not sure his family are wealthy enough to fit the central plot bill.

[Image: NObv2Tw.jpeg]

View a Printable Version