Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Children Grow Older, I'm Growing Older Too
September 3, 1892
Dearest Alice,

How is the hospital treating you? How is London? You've written of your family and of work, but you have yet to share with me how London is. As I've never seen it you shall have to be my eyes and ears. Although I've told you this often enough I am sure you are sick of hearing of it.

Father did not take us to the gates for school this year. I expected as much but it was still hard to see Henry's disappointment. Matthew tries his best, surprising given that it is, after all,
Matthew, but I do credit him with trying. I feel ashamed to admit that I am ever the more grateful to have a chance to be away from home these days. You know Matthew's temperment and with father..... well it is easier to not be there. I pray that in time we will find a way to be a family again. It is hard to believe it has almost been a year.

I had to pack my black and lavender dresses, but it was indeed a cheery sight to see my other gowns beside them. I never thought I would be so giddy to see a spot of perriwinkle, pink, or even orange (you will recall the gown embroidered in orange flowers my mother made me, I was so uncharitable at the time about it)! Much to my dismay I'd grown a whole inch since I last wore them and had to be clever in bringing down the hems and adding lace. I ended up taking apart the pink dress with the white stripes, the one you always said made me look like a stick of candy. But I do hope that I can use it for a new gown come next summer. I've included a sketch of the idea I have for it so you may advise me on what should or should not be changed. I've always appreciated your eye for such things, but also you can see the fashion in London. For that I find myself rather jealous.

But I am also jealous for another reason. That you are there and I am here. Or perhaps jealous is not quite the right word. I miss you. Ever more keenly sitting here in our room. It is simply not the same without you. I keep catching Maddy looking at your bed, Sloane turning to tell you something, me hoping to catch your eye while the others talk. I don't think I shall ever be used to not having you here with us - with me.

I did hear that one of the first years is the muggleborn daughter of a duke! She was sorted in to Hufflepuff but that is all I know of her. The sorting ceremony itself was a delight and the new Gryffindors seem an adventerous sort. I shall have to keep a close eye on them. Did Calla tell you she made Prefect?

I hope you are well and miss you terribly.

Yours always,
Sisse

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
September 6th, 1892
Dear Sisse,

Truthfully, I've yet to explore much of London outside of what's necessary for work. My lunch is usually spent scarfing down what I can before the next call out or studying some protocol or another. It's very crowded and surprisingly dark. Almost like the very air contains a heaviness that I've never experienced elsewhere. I sometimes regret not waiting longer to hear back from Hogsmeade Hospital before accepting this position. London's so large that it's difficult to not feel lonely. At least in Hogsmeade I'd be able to see some familiar faces and breathe easily.

As for the fashion, well you've always had a better eye for it all than I. The only "trends I have taken note of are increasingly puffy sleeves and mauve dresses. Everywhere I look is mauve - it's left me longing for the sight of you in candy pink. Between the mauve and the smog London is very dim. However, I will admit to feeling relief at the thought of you in bright colors again. It's been a long year for us both, it would do us good for you to return to some sort of normalcy. Even if circumstances would have us never truly feeling normal again.

I understand Matthew's frustration with your father and too give him credit for all the effort he's making for Henry and you. It's sometimes impossible to not scream at my father for his continued failures, I cannot imagine how much more difficult restraint would be if we experienced a loss such as yours. Everyone is trying, I suppose.

I must confess to having felt particularly morose on the first. It was a bizarre experience standing in King's Cross to see my siblings off and not boarding the train myself. I even began packing my trunks the night before before I remembered I wasn't going. It'll get better in time, everything will.

A baby duchess! Is she as posh as Meta? I always imagined the Lestrange family as our equivalency to a dukedom. I'm sure she's trying to rule Hogwarts like it's her own little castle. Hopefully Calla will be able to provide her some guidance as an older member of her house.

Might I ask you for a favor? Don't let Edison burn himself out this year. I worry for his sanity with the NEWTs next May.

I miss you as well and eagerly look forward to your next letter.
Yours Most Sincerely,
Alice

Amazing set by Bee!
[Image: V14YYm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rose Hart
April 14, 2024 – 7:11 PM
Last Post by Titania Allaway
February 17, 2021 – 11:55 AM
Last Post by Phineas Black
November 30, 2020 – 2:25 AM