Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Read Only
December 2022
It's that time of year again! the 12 Days of Charming will officially kick off on December 12th, and this is my call for donations! Unlike charities, I don't want physical objects, just your intangible contributions to give out in our weird advent calendar! Hit me if you can help <3

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Merida Greyback

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Activity Check
The list of inactive accounts has been compiled and deactivations and list maintenance are underway :) If you lost a character you'd like back, you may post in Maintenance starting Wednesday, December 7th. If you have no currently active characters you can post in maintenance immediately!

(If you lost a character before the AC, you can post there whenever you'd like!)

Posting Wizard
Posting Wizard of the Month has rolled over! Fox was November's winner, with 88 posts! This month will feature a six-way showdown featuring myself, Bee, Bree, Fallin, Kit, and Nolie - good luck!

NaNo 2022
The results are in! The following players have completed at least one level of NaNo and earned a stamp:

2.5K Words
Nichole (Calla Potts)

5K Words
Bree (Flora Mulciber)

The following players have also earned an immortality discount and a set from Bee (@"Daffodil Potts")

10K Words
Bee (@"Daffodil Potts")
Dante (Madeleine Backus)
MJ (Elias Grimstone)

12.5K Words
Fallin (Sisse Thompsett)
Fox (Basil Foxwood)
Gin (Atticus Foxwood)
Lynn (Reuben Crouch)
Nolie (Ida Chang)

Lastly, our top three participants Gin (32K), Fox (28K), and Nolie (15K) are going home with an against the odds, too!

Well done, everyone!

The following 4 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Daffodil Grimstone, Gus Lissington, Ida Chang

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Late as usual, so I apologize, it's been quite the week, however Secret Swap Assignments have gone out via PM. Please let me know if you didn't get one or have any other questions!

The following 5 users Like Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Gus Lissington, Ida Chang, Poppy Dashwood, Sisse Thompsett

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
'Tis the season... For new skins!

Yes, that's right, we've got four new winter skins! Well, technically three new skins and one updated skin from a few years ago.

So without further ado...

Our new default skin is Dashing Through. There's nothing corny about this fabulously frosty banner by Gin (Gus Lissington).

Next up is What Freezings I Have Felt. An appropriately bleak yet subtle in its winteriness banner from MJ (Elias Grimstone).

While it may be our last new skin it also happens to be our first dark theme. It was brought to my attention that a dark theme was something a lot of you wanted so here you go! Now I will say it's not quite finished yet, unlike the other skins I needed to invert pretty much ALL of the colors and then I realized I wanted to change half of it back because the white borders were overkill. Anyway, it's a fiddly thing and I will be making some adjustments to the shading and I need to update some old coding here and there in places like the CD to make things readable. I'll be doing this over the next week or so as I find time.

Now as to the aesthetics of our new "nightmode" skin If This Be Magic... you'll find the talents of Lady (Faustus Prewett) are to blame!

N.B. The [D] at the end of the name indicates it's a dark theme and will probably be very helpful if/when we have more of them.

Which skin have I revived as number four you might be wondering? A little bird told me it's Seasons Tweetings! I haven't contributed anything but coding and color schemes to skins lately but I think my skills peaked back in 2016 with this one. No, I'm not tooting my own horn, this just happens to be the only one I'm not ashamed of.

Riddle Me This!
I've got a little challenge for you all! Seeing as I'm still banned from running the Winter Labyrinth and can't break you with my cryptic challenges in an official capacity. Two of these skins have names you aren't likely to find on a greetings card. Aside from this tenuous link, what do they have in common? The prize for guessing correctly is bragging rights until the end of time.

As you may have noticed, many of our on-board images using NickPic have been down—this is because we are slow to keep up with the times, and the URLs have fallen out of date xD I am fixing up any broken images I come across, but if you notice any in staff threads or in the board coding that I have missed, please DM me the specifics using either Discord or Skype!

Other than character graphics, you may need to update your stamp collection via the user control panel. To do this, simply copy the entire code and paste it into any program with a Search & Replace feature (I used Google Docs) you will then want to replace

k.nickpic.host
cdnw.nickpic.host
cdn.nickpic.host

with
*****.host

Once you've done this, simply C&P back into the stamp box in the UCP and update the profile :) Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions on this!

The following 3 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Faustus Prewett, Gus Lissington, Millie Potts

— graphics by lady ❤ —
Three days to get Secret Swap gifts in before Bee cries and has a breakdown. Three daaaaaysss!

The following 3 users Like Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Basil Foxwood, Christabel Daphnel

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]

Merry Happy Winter, Charming!

Whatever you celebrate at this time of year—be it Christmas, Hanukkah, another cultural festivity, International Ninja Day, or simply the fact that the days are getting longer again—I expect I speak for the staff team when I say I hope it's absolutely fabulous. At the end of the day, it's our community that makes Charming stand out; thanks for helping to provide such a magical outlet and home for the rest of us <3

— graphics by lady ❤ —

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Elias Grimstone
December 31, 2023 – 5:17 PM
Last Post by Aldous Crouch
November 27, 2022 – 12:07 PM
October 31, 2022 – 2:02 PM
September 26, 2022 – 1:22 PM