Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
everything will be amazing, take it from me
Ida gave Tao this note on Platform 9 ¾, along with an overbearing hug and a lot of determination not to cry.

open me on the train

My dearest brother,
I truly cannot be happier for you. This is such an exciting time for your life, the beginning of your next great adventure. I’m a little jealous you get to do this, I would if I could all over again!

It can feel scary when you don’t know what to expect, but luckily you can always write to me no matter what happens. I promise everything is going to go so well. But to help on your first few days, here are a few tips I can share based on my humble experience.

1. Now that you’re on the train all settled, take a look at the kids around you. They’re probably first years like you. Maybe introduce yourself to them. I don’t know why… But everyone I talk to always says they meet their best friend(s) on their first train ride. It definitely happened to me.

2. Don’t fill up on the snack carts, you’ll regret it when you don’t have space in your stomach for the Great Feast later. Bet you’ll love the treacle tart. But chocolate for the voyage is a must so get some and share, I gave you enough sickles! (See #1)

3. Sit on the East side of the train once it gets moving, you will get the best view of the castle when you come in. Someone spotted a dragon once! I thought these were just rumors, but maybe you can find out?

4. Once you get to Hogwarts you will go to the Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony. Listen to what that hat says carefully, it is really quite wise! It might feel a little nerve-wracking to be up there, like everyone is watching you. But you are guaranted to get put into a house that will cheer and shout and congratulate you when you join, so don’t even worry about the older kids.  (You know we’ll be proud of you no matter what you get sorted into, right? So be honest! The hat picks up on it if you are not!)

5. Then you’ll go to your Common Room for the first time, a Prefect or Head Boy will show you everything you need to know! Pay close attention to the instructions. Mean ones from some of the houses like to play tricks to see if the firsties are really listening.

6. That said, don’t let anyone be mean to you! You can always go to Professor Foxwood for Transfiguration no matter what house you’re in. He’ll help you decide how to deal with anything like that. Tell him I said hi!

7. Once you get to the dormitory everyone fusses over the beds and the closets – pick out the best desk first! The beds are all mostly the same but some desks are more creaky and lopsided than others and it will drive you insane if you get the bad one.

8. Keep an eye on your new pet the first week, remember they are new to all this too, and probably more nervous than you are!

9. On the professors:
Professor Valenduris is way less scary than he looks. He’s very patient and favorites students who ask him lots of questions.
Professor Mactavish is way more scary than he looks. He likes brave students, don’t fall behind in that class if you don’t want accidental antlers.
Professor Skeeter is really nice. Have a snack before class because in September the greenhouses can get warm and it usually made me sleepy.
Professor Lissington is really nice. Sit in front of class though because his handwriting is really bad and you can barely read it.
There is always a kid that tries to show off during the first flying lesson, don’t fall into that trap! Or they will take away your broom and you’ll be left the rest of class running circles to ‘condition’ yourself.

10. Enjoy yourself and take extra time reading about the subjects that interest you! You are going to have an amazing year.

I miss you already!
Love always,
Ai Mei

The following 1 user Likes Ida Chang's post:
   Chuntao Chang

[Image: IDA-SIG-STEFMIX.png]
stefanie made this beautiful set <3

View a Printable Version