Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
That Was Before
Jess could not be further on the other end of the spectrum than her. He didn't want to argue, he certainly didn't want to see her cry; he wanted to discuss this like adults, like rational adults who loved each other, but they had never seemed to be able to do that before this, why had he hoped it would be any different?

His frustration ebbed as her tone deflated some. So she did hear him, that was a relief. She was only partially right. Taking a deep breath, he crossed the room toward her, not quite in her space, but closer so he could keep his own tone in check. "We got married be cause I love you. And yes, I did want that and I still do want some of those things but I told you I was willing to wait and I am, though a dog could come sooner," He managed a weak smile, an attempt to break the ice. It would be nice to come home and have somebody happy to see him. "I don't need you to greet me at the door every night because I know that's not you. I do," Jess sighed, reaching out to squeeze her arm gently. "But it would be nice if you came home for the dinner we arranged, instead of trying to beat the shit out of Sterling." He might have to have a word with Sterling about that himself.

"I wanted all of that, but I was willing to compromise because I want you more. However, that doesn't mean I'm not grieving that vision, just a little bit." She wasn't wrong when she'd said he was a little depressed. He knew it and he didn't know how to handle it. "Especially on nights like tonight, or when you're gone for months on end." It was hard when he was alone with his thoughts and a tall pour of scotch deep. "I just need you to prioritize home every once in a while, please."

[Image: 3HhBWO.png]
delicious biceps brought to you by MJ!
Once upon a time, Fallon would have melted entirely at his promises and half-smiles. She would've blindly agreed to whatever he said and accepted him as is. However, she knew better now. She knew how quickly his grief festered into resentment, how easily he slammed the proverbial door between them. Nothing was truly fixed because their argument quieted some, because it would arise tenfold the next time she forgot about dinner.

And love might not be enough next time. Love might have her being asked to sleep elsewhere.

She sighed as he drew nearer and took a small step towards him as he reached for her arm. Withdrawing as she wished to do (if only to fully process her thoughts on the situation) would only further divide them. "Sparring is the only way I've managed to sleep lately." Fallon admitted with a small frown. "I'm sorry it's kept me from making our plans, I'll do better. I promise." Even if it meant heading back into work while Jesse slept, it was something that was better than months of eggshells.

She reached for his hand and squeezed it lightly. "You need to talk to me too. No more picking your words to avoid upsetting me, I can take it."

It wasn't fixed, but it was better. It was a step in the right direction and Jess knew it would take more work, which he was willing to do. "I'm sorry I bottle it all up," He had always been like that. When he was younger it would fester until he exploded and though he had much better reign of his temper, it was still there. "I cannot promise you I won't need a minute or two to figure out what to say. I can be cruel with words," He admitted sheepishly. "I use to loose them as easy as an arrow at a target, but I refuse to do that to you whether you say you can handle it or not." Like right now he felt like her promise to attempt to do better was a weak one, but he wasn't going to say that, not when they were treading on such thin ice already. "It's not even about you, in that case, it's about me and how I want to project myself and I would rather not hate myself for one more thing." There was a difference between being careful with his words and totally shutting her out.

"But I will try to be more straightforward, that I can do." Because they had to compromise somewhere. "Even an owl to let me know you're running late will do. We need to work on all forms of communication." The breakdown was quick and severe and it was miserable. "I'm sorry that it got this bad and that you're not sleeping," He brought his other hand to tuck her hair behind her ear. He probably had something to do with that, which he felt guilty about.

Jess contemplated his next move quickly. Gently he kissed her forehead, hoping they could somehow salvage some of the evening. "How about I draw you a bath and make a snack?" It was later than he intended, but she must be hungry and maybe a bath would help her relax.

"I think I could handle a minute or two, five would be my max though." It was a weak, feeble attempt at a joke, but it was more friendly than they'd been towards one another since March. "I would still rather you be cruel than not speak to me at all." She quickly added. There was nothing he could say that would frighten her off — incense her maybe and it'd definitely lead to an argument. However, an argument was still better than silence.

She nodded. An owl was doable, especially if she knew there wouldn't be a howler sent in response. "I'll do my best to remember, I promise." Sometimes being out in the field made owls impossible. In that case though he really couldn't hold it against her too terribly, especially seeing as he could just as easily confirm with Prewett that she was on mission.

"Do you think we could just go to bed?" She asked instead. Any appetite she had coming out of sparring was suppressed by the argument. "I miss being held by you."

As much as Jess hated to admit it, this argument had gotten them a lot further than anything else in the last few months. He hated to argue with her, but it was better than the silence. "I doubt that, but like I said, I will try to be more straightforward, even if it is to ask for a minute to collect my thoughts." That was going to have to be good enough.

"Sure," He had a hard time believing she wasn't hungry on some level, but he also was going to choose his battles. Gently he kissed her head again, and leaned back to grab his wand from the nearby table. Extinguishing the lamp, he led the way down the hall and up the back stairs. It would be to go to bed tonight knowing she didn't hate his guts. Maybe they would both get some sleep.

View a Printable Version