Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
July 2022

Activity Check
Another activity check come and gone!

The list of inactive accounts has been compiled and deactivations and list maintenance are underway :) If you lost a character you'd like back, you may post in Maintenance starting Wednesday, July 6th. If you have no currently active characters you can post in maintenance immediately!

(If you lost a character before the AC, you can post there whenever you'd like!)

Happy Hour
Over on Discord, I'll be running a "Happy Hour" on Saturday!

Hour… or however long you’re into it! Come on down to the Event chat with your snacks and beverage (alcoholic or not!) of choice to unwind with your fellow Charmers!

This will count as a Charming Social for Camp Charming, and will kick off at 7pm Atlantic Time (6pm Eastern, 11pm UK). I hope to see you there!

Posting Wizard
The winners of June's Posting Wizard were Gin (Atticus Foxwood) with 66 posts and Kit (Clarissa Cosgrove) with 22! Next up, I will attempt to vanquish MJ, Emma, Fallin, Lynn, Nichole, and Nolie, probably with mixed results xD

Summer Raffle
Welcome to the winners' circle!  That's right, it's our first drawing for the 2022 Summer Raffle! And the winners are...

Those victorious will be contacted later today with more information <3

Prefect Season
The Prefect Season of which we are so fond is underway! Hogwarts staff have been contacted regarding their recommendations, and are asked to get these into me sooner than later :)  All players with eligible characters are encouraged to get applications in!

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Basil Foxwood

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —

Irivnlgy on Lockdown!
Following a gruesome discovery today around mid-morning, the village of Irvingly is on complete lockdown and residents on strict curfew:

• No one may leave the village boarders by any means; apparition and the local Floo Network are down.
  • Residents are strongly discouraged from mingling with one another and will be sent home if noted by law enforcement.
  • Anyone out and about between the hours of seven PM and seven AM will be arrested on sight.
  • Anyone in town who is not a resident at the time lockdown was initiated is asked to please report to the Irvingly Arms for accommodation. If the inn becomes full, cots will be set up at the post office.
  • Irvingly residents who were not in town at the time lockdown was initiated are on their own.

The local constabulary, including a few loaners from Hogsmeade, will be patrolling the streets, and the Ministry has sent an additional representative from the Muggle Liaison Office. Aurors may be noted at the edge of the village, as well as, puzzlingly, members of the Beast Division.

Additional information (IC and OOC) will be provided tomorrow!

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
— graphics by lady ❤ —

Charming Weekend — That's A Wrap!
Thanks to everyone who participated in Charming Weekend, be it completing batches, chilling at our virtual social, or even just hopping on to support one another! Camp Charming participation has been updated accordingly, and raffle entries have been awarded. Please let me know if you make any changes to your Weekend posts lists so I can credit accordingly :)

Time is... Fleeting
July is fast coming to a close! As such, our August Events Thread is live and waiting for your submissions! Don't forget to check out the calendar for our weekly and monthly recurring events, such as markets and balls!

In addition, this Wednesday, July 27th is the last day to submit applications for prefect, Head Boy, and Head Girl!

— graphics by lady ❤ —

Wow, July is aggressively waning. Please note that the next Activity Check is eight days away, and will take place on Sunday, August 7th. Please make sure that...

• Your mini-profile is filled in
  • All of your characters have been listed in the Character Directory—check back on your entries to make sure they were processed properly! Anyone reactivated this month will need to be placed back on. 
  • Characters made before the last AC have posted at least once this month
  • Profile has been filled in if not done during acceptance (Did you get a "DIY" PM? You'll need to do this!
  • Your character's height is displayed in their mini-profile—if you reactivate an account, this may need doing!

And with August on the way in...

Last but not least, there is a Movie "night" TODAY, and I am looking for YOUR feedback regarding an upcoming trivia event!

— graphics by lady ❤ —

[Image: 26rO.gif]

More importantly, though, it is Student Staff Day! Letters went out to the following on July 28th don't @ me but could have taken a day or two to arrive if you aren't located in Hogsmeade/Irvingly. Prefects in particular should remember today's Prefects' Luncheon!

Gryffindor FemaleNPC
Gryffindor MaleNPC
Hufflepuff FemaleNPC
Hufflepuff MaleAbraxas Crabbe
Ravenclaw Female@"Emma Binns"
Ravenclaw MaleNicodemus Zabini
Slytherin FemaleFlora Mulciber
Slytherin MaleSirius Black
Head GirlIdunn Fraser
Head BoyElijah Urquart
Hufflepuff CaptainCalla Potts
Ravenclaw CaptainNicodemus Dursley

All other student characters kept existing slots.

We are still looking for a number of prefect positions! This will be the last year under the current system—I have GRAND IDEAS for next Prefect Season ;)

The following 1 user Likes Hamish Darrow's post:
   Flora Mulciber

set by the long-lost bex

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Aldous Crouch
July 23, 2023 – 3:14 PM
December 21, 2022 – 2:38 PM
November 27, 2022 – 12:07 PM
Last Post by Elias Grimstone