Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
ZomBee Rising
(June 18, 2022 – 12:29 AM)Caroline Weasley Wrote:  Hey Bee! I have nothing with you which I should probably fix and not flake on like the gigantic flake I am.

I feel like that's probably going to be either Caroline Weasley with Ella or some Protterbottomsley relative that I'm sure you have? or Greta.......... but I'm more interested in Caroline and Ella.

Caroline and Ella is likely! She and Lou are already friends, quidditch-related family circles and all. I do also play Uncle Beckett lol

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
Beeeeee! We could do thistle with Mason and/or Quin. I have no special premise to offer here so I'm hoping you do lol. Maybe she accidentally makes the joke that this is her last season in front of one of them for maximum awkwardness.

Also I can offer you Jack for Rhys. Either in work or awkward neighbor things cus I feel like Jack is painfully aware he lives up the street from his boss.

[Image: Vy6in0.png]
Eugene/Desi! and we were going to have a new Richard/Tori @ a social event <3

set by Lady!

Welcome back love. I'm not completely awake so this is a quick drive by but:
Quin Dahlia? *angel eyes*

And I think we talked about a new Somersby Torie thread.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
Did you still want to do Slice at school? If not, can we game out what happened?

(June 18, 2022 – 2:39 AM)Jack Dorset Wrote:  Beeeeee! We could do thistle with Mason and/or Quin.  I have no special premise to offer here so I'm hoping you do lol.  Maybe she accidentally makes the joke that this is her last season in front of one of them for maximum awkwardness.

Also I can offer you Jack for Rhys.  Either in work or awkward neighbor things cus I feel like Jack is painfully aware he lives up the street from his boss.

I would love awkward Jack/Rhys off duty things because that is hilarious XD

Yes we should also Mason and Thistle maybe? He could come into the shop for something or we can backdate to the flower show? Quin is currently besotted by a different Potts, which is funny, I will collect my own sisters as wives, which sounds hilarious in any other context than Charming XD

I can start Mason/Thistle if you start Constabros?

(June 18, 2022 – 4:53 AM)Clarissa Cosgrove Wrote:  Eugene/Desi! and we were going to have a new Richard/Tori @ a social event <3

Oh yes, added to my list! Torie is attending Poppy's debut, maybe there for a Richard encounter?

(June 18, 2022 – 12:06 PM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  Welcome back love. I'm not completely awake so this is a quick drive by but:
Quin Dahlia? *angel eyes*

And I think we talked about a new Somersby Torie thread.

Ohhh yess, we should definitely Quin/Dahlia in person, so he can have an aha moment. It should be something terribly awkward though, let me noodle on it and I will pass along the starter when I get there. As for Somersby let me see if the Malfoys will be spending any time at the Sanditon, otherwise we'll have to cause a run in.

(June 18, 2022 – 12:08 PM)Melody Crouch Wrote:  Did you still want to do Slice at school? If not, can we game out what happened?

I do! After OWLs before the COB?

The following 1 user Likes Elsie Kirke's post:
   Sisse Thompsett

I think it can still work, depending on Rhy's feelings about illegal gambling and/or brothels. Not that Edgar would openly admit he runs such places. As Leon, he could be seen as a potential Criminal Informer, somebody who may know of any more dangerous shady people in and around Hogsmeade (he likely only has one or two establishments in Hogsmeade and wants to get rid of any existing competition or buy it out). He'll tip Rhy's off on the competition, and any future favours we can work out in game, depending on the situation. To start we can keep it more as a confidential informant on Rhy's side. Down the road Rhys could learn of Leon's real businesses in Hogsmead and we can play that out.

Terence will gladly take on a commission to do Tillie's portrait. As for getting her to sit still, he'll have his ways Smile As long as he doesn't get lost in his creativity he should be able to keep her entertained, even if she fidgets a bit. Either way I think it'll be a fun thread to do.

Malcorvus is upperclass and pureblood so he has that working for him... Either of your deputants could run into Malcorvus at any social event Malcorvus is likely to attend. Most likely he'll suggest his son Thaddeus as potential husband material to either girl, if Mal is impressed enough with them.

(June 18, 2022 – 8:28 PM)Walter Staghart Wrote:  I think it can still work, depending on Rhy's feelings about illegal gambling and/or brothels. Not that Edgar would openly admit he runs such places. As Leon, he could be seen as a potential Criminal Informer, somebody who may know of any more dangerous shady people in and around Hogsmeade (he likely only has one or two establishments in Hogsmeade and wants to get rid of any existing competition or buy it out). He'll tip Rhy's off on the competition, and any future favours we can work out in game, depending on the situation. To start we can keep it more as a confidential informant on Rhy's side. Down the road Rhys could learn of Leon's real businesses in Hogsmead and we can play that out.

Rhys does not bed on the criminal activity, you'd have to be real open to him getting arrested and thrown into proper jail if Rhys ever found out. A minor criminal informer sure, but once Rhys gets a whiff of foul play, all bets are off lol

Quote:Terence will gladly take on a commission to do Tillie's portrait. As for getting her to sit still, he'll have his ways Smile As long as he doesn't get lost in his creativity he should be able to keep her entertained, even if she fidgets a bit. Either way I think it'll be a fun thread to do.

Her debut will be sometime in early July, so we could set it for just before that if you like!

Quote:Malcorvus is upperclass and pureblood so he has that working for him... Either of your deputants could run into Malcorvus at any social event Malcorvus is likely to attend. Most likely he'll suggest his son Thaddeus as potential husband material to either girl, if Mal is impressed enough with them.

Tillie is out, she's The Worst Debutante Ever™ but Torie is The Best (or so she thinks) so the latter is a better option! Not super sure how she'd react other than super polite, so could be worth something at an event sometime this summer?

Given the plot request I created Edgar to fulfill, I expect jail will be his eventual destination though I'm more than willing to prevent that as long as IC'ly possible Smile. Leon Bunyip (Edgar's criminal alter ego) would definitely avoid being seen as anything more than a good informer, as he certainly doesn't want to end up arrested either. Still, if he figures he can get rid of some competition and have the local Constable owing him a favor (even if that favor would have to be very carefully defined) he'll find it worth the risk.

To start we can just have them meet and get a feel for each other. Leon may not offer a tip till he feels Rhys will at least look into it and not dismiss it altogether. Then again he could simply have done some research on him and decide by his reputation he'll be worth approaching, being too much the 'good cop' to automatically suspect foul play.

For Terence and Tillie, we can start a portrait thread any time, dating it whatever time works for you. This way we'll have a few weeks to get it done before you post her debut.

I want to do a gathering/dinner party sort of thing hosted by Malcorvus soon (I probably stick it in July now, given there's a fair bit of events already listed for June), he'll invite any UCPB family of note (and some UCHB especially prominent ones) and all Debutants of the invited families are welcome as well.

If you don't want to wait that long, we can have them meet in some other UC event or just an NPC event. I'm fine either way (or all of the above, nothing wrong with them meeting a few times this summer)

(June 19, 2022 – 2:18 AM)Walter Staghart Wrote:  Given the plot request I created Edgar to fulfill, I expect jail will be his eventual destination though I'm more than willing to prevent that as long as IC'ly possible Smile. Leon Bunyip (Edgar's criminal alter ego) would definitely avoid being seen as anything more than a good informer, as he certainly doesn't want to end up arrested either. Still, if he figures he can get rid of some competition and have the local Constable owing him a favor (even if that favor would have to be very carefully defined) he'll find it worth the risk.

To start we can just have them meet and get a feel for each other. Leon may not offer a tip till he feels Rhys will at least look into it and not dismiss it altogether. Then again he could simply have done some research on him and decide by his reputation he'll be worth approaching, being too much the 'good cop' to automatically suspect foul play.

I think we're definitely have to see how it goes ic, Rhys is a hard read for me from the ooc standpoint, he's suspicious by nature, but how much do would depend on his ic intuition xD

Quote:For Terence and Tillie, we can start a portrait thread any time, dating it whatever time works for you. This way we'll have a few weeks to get it done before you post her debut.

We could probably safely set it for next week, I plan to have her debut the first week of July!

Quote:I want to do a gathering/dinner party sort of thing hosted by Malcorvus soon (I probably stick it in July now, given there's a fair bit of events already listed for June), he'll invite any UCPB family of note (and some UCHB especially prominent ones) and all Debutants of the invited families are welcome as well.

If you don't want to wait that long, we can have them meet in some other UC event or just an NPC event. I'm fine either way (or all of the above, nothing wrong with them meeting a few times this summer)

That sounds good! I accidentally overloaded Torie with threads, so she can wait a bit.

I'll start Tillie/Terrence if you start Edgar/Rhys?

Sounds good. I'll get the Edgar/Rhys thread up soon as I can.

The following 1 user Likes Walter Staghart's post:
   Elsie Kirke

View a Printable Version