Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
hopelessly hopeless together
April 25, 1892
Basil,

We both must be hopeless. Our dear cousin, Poppy sent a letter on my behalf to Witch Weekly, just as Mama did for you.

Atticus

[Image: cBAJGlb.png]
April 27, 1892

Atticus –

I'll admit I'm not surprised she did as much. Poppy cares a great deal for you and it seems the women in our lives who care so very much have a propensity to meddle.

What did yours say? Mine was all about 'the right kind of woman' - if you can believe it. As if such a thing exists. What did our dear cousin think was best for you?

Basil

April 27, 1892
Basil,

I think they spend too much time together, and with dear Poppy having her debut with us in Bath, I fear for our future.  When you return home this summer, we shall whisk away for a week and find a suitable place in Paris to purchase. Just in case two brides show up this summer.

Something about excellence, and how Poppy was choosing to interview them before I was to meet them. She shall have a very busy first season. Perhaps I shall do the same for any future husbands interesting in courting her.

Atticus

April 28, 1892

Atticus –

Bath? Is this news relatively recent? I was under no indication our cousin would be spending her first season with us... Alternatively, Bath is rather quiet. It's better than London by far. Are you mistaken brother? I dare to hope you are not, but I cannot imagine Aunt Georgie wanting her eldest in Bath when she has so much potential.

As for interviewing her suitors, you probably ought to, knowing that one. I do rather feel we you'll have our your hands full this summer, even if there are three of us and one of her.

Actually, this comes at a rather good time as I've... been meaning to inform you that I will be assisting at the Flint Institute this summer. So, perhaps it would even be wise to enlist another chaperone for Poppy, as you and Mama will likely need it.

Basil

April 28, 1892
Basil,

Bath? London? Mama and Poppy have gone back and forth so often that I'm not certain where she'll be staying, yet all I can promise is she'll be within my eyesight.

Maybe I'll just send Poppy to Flint with you, so you can do your part. You've watched her at Hogwarts and I think it'll be a nice bonding opportunity with you. I am rather disappointed, of course, with your news.

Atticus

Of course he frowned at the news. It seemed like just an excuse for Basil to weasel his way out of events - he couldn't be upper class without actually acting on it.

April 29, 1892

Atticus –

I think you're confused brother, about how these things work. I wouldn't doubt Aunt Georgiana is the one pulling the strings with Mama, but I'd best stay out of it if I were you. It is a large responsibility to take on a debutante, especially one as spirited as our dear cousin Poppy.

As you've said however, I have done my part keeping an eye on her here. I wish you and mama the best of luck this upcoming season.

Basil

April 30, 1892
Basil,
Mama has talked a great deal with someone and Merlin may bite a finger off the next person who dares passes him a letter. (I am, of course exempt, although I dare say watch your fingers if you do decide to write again.)

This does not excuse you from well… anything dear little brother, and I still expect your attendance at certain events.

Atticus

Basil looked at Atticus' last letter and frowned. He did so despise the tone he could practically hear seeping through the ink in this letter. He wrankled at the very thought of being shoved into a ballroom, and being reminded of such duties only put the Transfiguration professor in a foul mood. Using Merlin's similar bad mood as an excuse, he didn't deign to reply - knowing that if he did it would just start a childish argument over post. Instead, he gave Merlin a piece of his breakfast and tucked the letter away, hoping his mood would not seep into the rest of the day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Finlay Connolly
September 24, 2018 – 12:46 AM
View a Printable Version