Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1892. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
“Got the morbs” was Victorian slang for a temporary melancholia — Dante
In a panic sort of reaction, she shut the door but neglected to make sure she was on the other side of it.
the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways

Open
Let's try this again shall we? | Elaine's Networking
Elaine's Networking

❧ 28 • GMT -7 • SHE/HER ❧

You all know me. The chaos creature Elaine. I'm trying out this shiny networking format because...well, I want to. Haha. This format is a lot, but I'm going to put everything in one post, because I don't want to be rid of the post I've already made.

Menu

❧ SITE NAVIGATION ❧
TBATBATBA

❧ CLASS NAVIGATION ❧
upper class charactersmiddle class characters
working class charactersstudents

❧ CHARACTER NAVIGATION ❧
Upper
Middle
Working
Students
Angelique Parkinson Chrysanta Ruskin NAME Giselle Hunt
Aurelia Bulstrode Lydia Morozova NAME Isolda Binns
Naeva Marshall NAME NAME Naima Mokani
Phillip Darlington NAME NAME Seraphina Hall
Rhiannon Cameron NAME NAME NAME
NAME NAME NAME NAME
NAME NAME NAME NAME

Plottage Preferences

ONE: I'm frighteningly terrible at updating character profiles; you're better off contacting me directly for the most up-to-date information. I am easiest reached via Discord at BlackSwan#2437 — feel free to add me as a friend!
TWO: I delight in hurling threads, but I'm terrible at keeping up with threads in general. So if you'd like to pair one of your characters on a more permanent basis with one of mine, please contact me directly. Two of my pairs were done in sort of backroom deals, and two of my married characters are looking for husbands to be played. The ad for Angelique's husband may be found here, and for Lydia's husband, here.

updated: 05/11/22

~
Upper Class

@Angelique Parkinson
19 | uchb
class of '91
rep » 9 | married
rising socialite

~
— A B O U T —

Very recently married, Angelique is looking for new connections in the world of the socialite. She may be young, but she's certainly not naive. An heiress in her own right, she had the freedom to marry for love — and just so happened to make a good match at the same time.
  • Friends: Mostly, she's looking for these in her new position in life.
  • Enemies: This is primarily jealous former classmates and those who believe that she is part-veela, though that rumor has been dashed numerous times it still persists.

@Aurelia Bulstrode
19 | ucpb
class of '91
rep » 9 | unattached
debutante

~
— A B O U T —

The eldest daughter, it’s up to Aurelia to marry well and set the standard for her younger sisters, even though their odds on the marriage market are tainted by their status as twins. She is incredibly close to her cousin Cecilia.
  • Friends: Aurelia is generally a friendly sort, but some might see her as a bit more odd than the average debutante, considering her penchant (and honestly, reliance) on catoptromancy, or mirror scrying.
  • Hurls: UCPB preferred, MC to be discussed. Aurelia is heterosexual.

@Naeva Marshall
22 | ucpb
class of '88
rep » 7 | married
wife of Charles Marshall

~
— A B O U T —

The last Lécuyer daughter to find marriage. Her technique was quite the villanous trick on her new husband — but she's gotten what she wanted. Married before her 23rd birthday. Is she proud of herself?
Married to Charles Marshall
  • Friends: Pureblood debutantes and young socialite types, primarily. The occasional school friend who was of a lesser class (typically middle) might still be on this list, as Naeva did not discriminate based on class while at school, viewing (pureblooded) students as intellectual equals.
  • Enemies: Muggleborns, half-breeds, and blood traitors, by existing you are on this list. As are those who sought Charles Marshall’s interests, though you might not precisely know it yet.

@Phillip Darlington
31 | ucmb
class of '79
rep » 9 | engaged
9th viscount winfield

~
— A B O U T —

It’s not every day a nobleman courts a half-vampire. Lords aren't even that common in the wizarding community. And yet, Phillip thrives in the community that does not embrace his status. Perhaps because of this more than to spite those around him.
Engaged to Acacia Ruskin
  • Friends: Attention Atticus Foxwood this is you. As well as perhaps others of their social standing and age.
  • Enemies: Purist asshats, primarily. Also those prejudiced against half-breeds now because he has a white knight streak.

@Rhiannon Cameron
24 | uchb
class of '85
rep » 9 | widowed
eligible widow

~
— A B O U T —

The widow of reckless Percival Cameron, Rhiannon, or as her family calls her, Annie, is back on the marriage market after a respectable four years of mourning. She’s ready to try the Right Way of Things again, though she fears a similar result. She has one son from her short-lived marriage, named Icarus.
  • Friends: Upper class women of an appropriate age may apply. Annie holds feminist views, however, and may develop interest in sponsoring activist causes — surreptitiously, of course.
  • Hurls: Annie is seeking a serious courtship and has no time for frivolous hurls. Upper class, any blood status welcome so long as her mother approves.

~
Middle Class

@Chrysanta Ruskin
20 | mchv
class of '91
rep » 7 | unattached
spirit division employee

~
— A B O U T —

Chrysanta is many things. Half-vampire. Ministry employee. Sister. Friend. But she’s hurtling towards spinsterhood at a faster rate than average, and despite her sister’s fortunate courtship, she has little doubt that is her future.
  • Friends: Likely few and far between. I’d like to build a small network of close friends for her, likely most of them will be from Hogwarts. Work friendships are also heartily welcomed.
  • Hurls: Any class, any blood status, any gender. Chrystanta is demisexual, however, meaning romance is likely to build from becoming close friends. She has not expressed a preference.

@Lydia Morozova
27 | mcpb
class of '82
rep » 8 | married
charitable healer, unwilling socialite

~
— A B O U T —

Kind-hearted and gentle, Lydia would much rather be working her former job at Hogsmeade Hospital than be stuck as a socialite, and it's not much of a secret.
  • Existing Connections: Angela Montague, triplet; Sophia Voss, triplet; Delilah Warbeck, friend
  • Friends: Fellow middle class socialites, former coworkers at Hogsmeade Hospital, and perhaps even those who take a kindly view of healthcare for the poor.

~
Working Class

@"name"
age | acab
class of 'XX
rep » X | relationship status
occupation

~
— A B O U T —

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin at blandit ex. Proin lorem leo, dignissim sit amet consequat id, porttitor eget tellus. Ut consequat condimentum velit quis efficitur. Donec cursus laoreet nulla nec auctor. In interdum fringilla faucibus. Duis ultrices ultricies sem, a facilisis nibh posuere non. Suspendisse mattis vitae purus quis laoreet. Nam fringilla tempus nisi, ut euismod nunc maximus eu. Proin sodales efficitur interdum. Praesent dapibus maximus nibh quis volutpat. Duis interdum ultrices tincidunt. Sed lobortis dui ut felis lobortis, non lacinia urna fringilla. Mauris nec semper arcu, sit amet mattis diam. Mauris auctor odio purus.

@"NAME"
age | acab
class of 'XX
rep » XX | relationship status
occupation

~
— A B O U T —

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin at blandit ex. Proin lorem leo, dignissim sit amet consequat id, porttitor eget tellus. Ut consequat condimentum velit quis efficitur. Donec cursus laoreet nulla nec auctor. In interdum fringilla faucibus. Duis ultrices ultricies sem, a facilisis nibh posuere non. Suspendisse mattis vitae purus quis laoreet. Nam fringilla tempus nisi, ut euismod nunc maximus eu. Proin sodales efficitur interdum. Praesent dapibus maximus nibh quis volutpat. Duis interdum ultrices tincidunt. Sed lobortis dui ut felis lobortis, non lacinia urna fringilla. Mauris nec semper arcu, sit amet mattis diam. Mauris auctor odio purus.

~
Students

@Giselle Hunt
18 | mchb
class of '92
rep » 9 | unattached
seventh year ravenclaw

~
— A B O U T —

This character is connected to the Scream plot! Network with at your own risk! We of the fandom would best describe Gigi Hunt as a Gryffinclaw — intelligent but reckless. She is not expected to work, but she finds herself wishing to, with a focus on herbology and earth magic. Unafraid to get her hands dirty in the scheme of things, Gigi loves plants just as much as she adores evening gowns.
  • Existing Connections: Silas Hunt, older brother; Linus Meeks, step-brother; Ida Chang, best friend; Pippa Faraday, best friend
  • Friends: Fellow seventh years, fellow members of the Scream plot (obviously), neighbors.
  • Hurls: Keeping in mind that she might die, she’s up for pre-hurling at the moment on Hogsmeade weekends.

@Isolda Binns
18 | uchb
class of 'XX
rep » 9 | unattached
seventh year slytherin

~
— A B O U T —

Sweet, creative, and free with her trust, Izzy Binns is the eldest daughter, who is to debut, but is considering heartily going after an occupation. She smells of new money, and this is made even worse by the fact that she knits her own accessories!
  • Existing Connections: Rosie Binns, mother; Emma Binns, younger sister; Zachariah Binns, uncle; Julianna Binns, aunt
  • Friends: Fellow Slytherins, fellow seventh years who aren’t judgemental of new money.
  • Hurls: Pre-hurling for now. Her father would have her focus on UCHB/PB men of 25 to 35 years of age, but Izzy doesn’t much care at the moment.

@Naima Mokani
15 | ucpb
class of '94 '92
rep » 9 | unattached?
fifth year gryffindor

~
— A B O U T —

Destined for Pendergast’s School for Young Roses. Eldest child and first daughter of Echo and her first husband, there is much expected of Naima. The fact that her marriage hasn’t already been set in stone is surprising. She greatly resents being pulled from Hogwarts early.
  • Existing Connections: Echo Lowe, mother
  • Friends: Fellow fifth year students, fellow Gryffindors, neighbors, peers.
  • Hurls: Pre-hurling is welcome. UCPB preferred, HB barely acceptable. Naima isn’t purist, but her family is elitist. HB are not likely to pass family acceptability. Her mother is seeking an arranged marriage for her, however, so tread lightly.

@Seraphina Hall
13 | wchv
class of '97
rep » 6 | unattached
second year hufflepuff

~
— A B O U T —

For all intents and purposes, Seraphina is considered a bastard and an orphan. Barely scraping by on her merits with a full scholarship, and a position granted to her by Professor Darrow as a maid in a middle class Hogsmeade household.
  • Employer: I'm looking for a household for Sera to be working for. Clearly not someone who discriminates against half-humans.
  • Friends: Fellow young students, fellow Hufflepuffs, and those whose worldview does not look dimly on half-humans.
  • Enemies: Those who take a dim view of half-humans and the working class...

Gilded beauty by MJ!

[Image: x9y1Pb.jpg][Image: rIjft6.gif][Image: pLsLBW.png]
Yuri for Seraph - he's 'weird' too with the whole formerly stone thing. She's be more than welcome on the little Hufflepuff island of misfit toys!

I'm tempted to bring Gwen back just to be a dick to him about his marriage. Nothing like a countess to belittle a viscount

Thaddeus would def take some mail from her if she wants to think about the institute - Which she could do along side the roses and of course given that Flint is the headmaster - good old Dad could think of it as a good way of throwing her into the path of rich and powerful men. It can be done in conjunction with finishing if she likes.

[Image: WXgUmdP.jpg]
Potential hurls that I have can all be found here if any fit your hurling or pre-hurling desires.

For Sera, @Eros Mohr is a first year half-veela who would be friendly with her. I have no one in her year but in her house, I have @Paxton Fudge, @Milo Nox & @Aleksei Nichols and they would all treat her kindly.

For Giselle, her year and housemates are @Aristide Selwyn & @Cane Backus. Both of whom likely are too in their own worlds to likely have much to do with her. In Ari's case, if she is friends with Adrienne then he is likely friendly with her too. @Aleksei Nichols is in her year and would be friendly. @Wallace Bixby is in her year and likely thinks she is gorgeous because hello, Katherina McNamara.

For your other students, I have numerous students that could know them obviously. xD

[Image: gP4NAe.png]
Hi @Atticus Foxwood at your service for Phillip. This old man could use some new friends to hang out. Not sure how he feels about him courting a half-vampire but I don't think he has strong feelings on the matter just yet. Depends on how close they are lol. I can also throw him at Rhiannon because he fits the bill haha. (I'm also dying for him to be dad, so enjoy that bit xD)

I can toss @Gus Lissington at your students, though currently first years and seventh years scare him sooo lolol. Ohwell.

Of course @Juniper Edevane would know your seventh years, and probably your fifth year. I don't think she'd care about Isolda being new money but she might look at weird for knitting xD June has a dream career that she'll never peruse but if she & Isolda were friends she'd definitely encourage her to go for it.
(March 4, 2022 – 8:22 PM)Bernard Prewett Wrote:  Yuri for Seraph - he's 'weird' too with the whole formerly stone thing. She's be more than welcome on the little Hufflepuff island of misfit toys!

I'm tempted to bring Gwen back just to be a dick to him about his marriage. Nothing like a countess to belittle a viscount

Thaddeus would def take some mail from her if she wants to think about the institute - Which she could do along side the roses and of course given that Flint is the headmaster - good old Dad could think of it as a good way of throwing her into the path of rich and powerful men. It can be done in conjunction with finishing if she likes.

Who are you referring to regarding Thaddeus? Naima? I'm confused. But Yuri and Sera is definitely a relationship I want to flesh out. I was considering posting something in the Hufflepuff common room — Sera's most prized possession is her mother's sketchbook and I wanna have her showing it off.

(March 4, 2022 – 9:40 PM)Clarissa Cosgrove Wrote:  Potential hurls that I have can all be found here if any fit your hurling or pre-hurling desires.

For Sera, @Eros Mohr is a first year half-veela who would be friendly with her. I have no one in her year but in her house, I have @Paxton Fudge, @Milo Nox & @Aleksei Nichols and they would all treat her kindly.

For Giselle, her year and housemates are @Aristide Selwyn & @Cane Backus. Both of whom likely are too in their own worlds to likely have much to do with her. In Ari's case, if she is friends with Adrienne then he is likely friendly with her too. @Aleksei Nichols is in her year and would be friendly. @Wallace Bixby is in her year and likely thinks she is gorgeous because hello, Katherina McNamara.

For your other students, I have numerous students that could know them obviously. xD

And of course we have Desi+Annie, who need to thread at some point. >_> I'd love to thread Sera and Eros at some point, too, see how they click. Also Gigi/Wallace because fun threads are fun.

(March 4, 2022 – 11:55 PM)Atticus Foxwood Wrote:  Hi @Atticus Foxwood at your service for Phillip. This old man could use some new friends to hang out. Not sure how he feels about him courting a half-vampire but I don't think he has strong feelings on the matter just yet. Depends on how close they are lol. I can also throw him at Rhiannon because he fits the bill haha. (I'm also dying for him to be dad, so enjoy that bit xD)

I can toss @Gus Lissington at your students, though currently first years and seventh years scare him sooo lolol. Ohwell.

Of course @Juniper Edevane would know your seventh years, and probably your fifth year. I don't think she'd care about Isolda being new money but she might look at weird for knitting xD June has a dream career that she'll never peruse but if she & Isolda were friends she'd definitely encourage her to go for it.

Yes, hello, Atticus, we need to have a couple threads ASAP. Professor Lissington needs to respond to the seventh year DADA class's shenanigans ;)

Juniper's probably arguably one of the people most used to Izzy's knitting, because it's a hobby she's kept up for a handful of years, actually. From back when she was middle class. The upper class thing is pretty recent. But they've been dormmates for longer than that.

Gilded beauty by MJ!

Yes. Done & done lol. If you want to hash out their relationship a little more, I may ping you on discord later to chat. If not, I can start something anddd.. we can see where it goes.

And I know. I’m so far behind on him. He’s my goal tomorrow lol.

Aw, yes. Seven years of living together does that haha. Do you want something started for her too?

[Image: N7jn9Uf.png]
(March 5, 2022 – 12:39 PM)Atticus Foxwood Wrote:  Yes. Done & done lol. If you want to hash out their relationship a little more, I may ping you on discord later to chat. If not, I can start something anddd.. we can see where it goes.

And I know. I’m so far behind on him. He’s my goal tomorrow lol.

Aw, yes. Seven years of living together does that haha. Do you want something started for her too?

Let's chat over Discord first — about both of them. Don't wanna start anything without a vague idea of what's happening >_>

Gilded beauty by MJ!

Oh hey it's me.

AURELIA
Hurling: Just Julius, and we're already threadding them~

CHRYSANTA
— Obviously @Herbert Fudge is my resident ghostie and I feel like he regularly invites the entire department to socialize etc. While he is mindful of an ill-perception that could fall on the resort (so he's not prancing around introducing her to Important People or anything like that), he would be friendly enough and probably very interested in her ~experience of the world. Their first meeting would absolutely include him asking her why she went Spirit over Being—with each day after his death, his tact has decreased a little more xD

NAIMA
— Friends with @Iphigenia Adebayo? Different houses, but the same year and I think their natures & backgrounds would suit one another well!
— I don't imagine she and @Madeline Bell have a whole lot in common—what is her vibe with and/or general impression of the Gryffingirls?

PHILLIP
I have ~thoughts~ here that I will contact you about directly once I am home /ominous music

SERAPHINA
— Backthread Sera & @Hamish Darrow?
— @Abraxas Crabbe likely gives her a wide berth due to her blood status & social status, but I think it's more "I have no reason to interact here" than "ew what a nightmare". If given a reason to interact, he'd be pleasant (and probably quite curious) but not strive to forge a friendship or anything.
The following 1 user Likes Baz O’Rourke's post:
   Naeva Marshall
I think I've tossed her at both of them already, but @Victoire Malfoy would be a likely friend for Aurelia or Rhiannon!

I have @Owen Beauregard as my Scream character so we could figure out how he and Giselle get along/know one another!

Sloane probably doesn't do much for your students, but she would be kind to Sera! Though not to the same extent, she kind of knows what it's like to be ~weird, #metalife

[Image: 5mVg7A.png]
MJ made this divine beauty
(March 5, 2022 – 4:00 AM)Naeva Lécuyer Wrote:  Who are you referring to regarding Thaddeus? Naima? I'm confused. But Yuri and Sera is definitely a relationship I want to flesh out. I was considering posting something in the Hufflepuff common room — Sera's most prized possession is her mother's sketchbook and I wanna have her showing it off.

100% up for a yuri/Sera thread - are you able to start?

On the other thread -I was referring to Isolda, she would have gotten his reach out to all final years, and Hugo is so ambitious that he would probably take any opportunity to throw her into contact with Upperclass men with connections like Thaddeus, his family, and the other men who are affiliated with the institute -and so sign her up for something 'advanced' like animagus training, occulmency, leggelimens etc

Naima wouldn't interest him until she left school - which if she goes to finishing school after OWL's then she could do other training including animagus etc through him.

[Image: CgHzljG.png]
Bee is amazing
For Sera, I have both @Anne Moony and @Hermia Bonaccord
Anne will be awkward curious about the half-vampire thing. She's got plenty of opinions on vampires and could use some reality checking. She's also prone to defend the "little guy" and would be likely to stick up for Sera, even if she's freaked out by the fangs.

Hermia is mama!Hufflepuff and would have wanted Sera to feel at home in the House and would be quick to tutor or provide advice. She's wary of vampires, but wouldn't hold it against Sera and would be very quick to intervene if there were problems with other Hufflepuffs.

[Image: 3yopnb.png]
MJ made this miracle!
For Aurelia: Its possible her paths crossed with Edgar Minks during her first year at Hogwarts (if my math's right) He's Middleclass and pureblood but he's ambitions will eventually get him into the lower Upper class tier at some point. Even if they didn't interact at school, they can always cross paths at some party or event he managed to gain access to. OR they could cross paths in some public area.

I also have Malcorvus Flint, an Upperclass Pureblood who's definitely known to be part of the Wizengamot, and one of the key figures who founded the Flint Institute for Advanced Magic, along with his son Thaddeous. He lost his wife in '90 and not actively looking for a new wife but he certainly will be present at any Upperclass pureblood event of importance. Even if he's not hurl material for Aurelia, there could be long term benefits on being an acquaintance of Mr. Flint.

For Naeva: Edgar Minks is also Slytherin and they were at Hogwarts for three or four years. He graduated in '84. Their paths could cross in current game time in pretty much the same ways as with Aurelia above.

For Rhiannon Cameron: Possible Edgar Minks, they would have been at school together for most years, though in different houses. Though he doesn't agree with feminist views he's not loudly vocal about them, at least not around women.

For Chrysanta Ruskin: Walter Staghart could cross paths with her at the Ministry, he's an Auror. He's less likely to be put off by the fact she's half vampire, then again Auror training may make it heard for him to completely trust her. Could be interesting to see how they interact.

Edgar Minks would despise her on principal. If you like darker drama, he could torment her in some form or other, (disguised as Leon Bunyip).

For Your Students: I decided to lump all your student characters in one group as i only have one character who can interact with any. Terence Higgs. He's the Art Professor and started teaching in the current school year (1891-1892), so if any took art in this year he is their teacher. He also took up the sponsorship of the art club for the same year as well. Other than that, he could run into any student at Hogwarts for a quick thread. Crushes are welcome :)

Sorry for such a lengthy response, I just really want to get my characters more active especially Flint. Let me know if anything interests you, I'm always up for bouncing ideas.
The following 1 user Likes Walter Staghart's post:
   Naeva Marshall

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Theodosia Twycross
April 24, 2022 – 9:06 AM
View a Printable Version