Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Squib vs. Muggle
Can squibs be in Hogsmeade? When a squib is born in Hogsmeade, is the baby magically yeeted into the woods? What is the genetic difference between a squib and a muggle? Can squibs use floo? What would staff say are distinct differences between muggles and squibs (aside from being born into a magical family).

Side question, can muggles accidently floo into Hogsmeade? Like, say, Mr. Finnegan or Mrs. Annabeth Adlard?

Magic by Elaine!

Not staff - so take with pinch of salt - just basing it off Pottermore and wiki

A squib is someone who is magical but cannot perform magic, but can use magical devices and be in magical places, Filtch was allowed in Hogswarts for example. So Hogwarts appears as a ruin to Muggles - but Filtch and Angus Bunchan both are able to see the castle as it is, so spells that apply to muggles don't apply to squibs.

As such I would guess that the muggle repelling spells on Hogsmeade would not apply to squibs - just as the statute of secrecy applies to squibs as though they are wizards, rather than as though they are muggles. They are subject to the jurisdiction of the ministry rather than the muggle government.

Children of a Squib and a muggle are considered halfblood because they are from magical bloodlines rather than muggle born.

----------
I'm also VERY curious about whats going on with Jacob Kowalski getting a wand in the new film - like can muggles use wands, is he a squib, obliviated wizard, or is it a Dumbie trick?

The following 1 user Likes Madeleine Backus's post:
   Aldous Crouch

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
Exactly what Dante said! Arabella Figg (might be misremembering her name) bred kneazles and Filtch used a sneakoscope so squibs can interact with the magical world just fine, they just aren't capable of performing magic on their own. There was some back and forth in the books about whether a squib could see a dementor but tbh I can't imagine how Filtch got anything done third year if he was walking around running into them while they patrolled Hogsmeade...

The following 1 user Likes Reuben Crouch's post:
   Aldous Crouch

MJ made this <3
As muggles are repelled from Hogsmeade, I would say no. But also, I'm kind of skeptical muggles can even use floo. At least I've never played Annabeth able to.

[Image: SQXZU54.png]
look at the pretties mj made me!!!
I have always assumed that squibs are wizards without their own magic. Therefore, they can access anywhere wizards can and use anything wizards can with the exception of wands, brewing certain potions, and any object that relies on the user's magic to work.

I also headcanon that it's the same for muggles less the access aspect, but that has not been discussed at any great length to my knowledge!

graphics by the glorious mj!
I assumed the same when I played Nimiane Bellchant. She was included in society until she decided to retire from it to live an isolated life on the magical side of Irvingly. Her father employed magical staff for her so she could enjoy the comforts of magic without being able to prefer it herself. As for her transportation I went with her taking the train or side along apparation.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version