Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
This is: Rachel
Rachel Morgan
16 | UCHB | Gryffindor Class of '93 | Sixth Year | Nine
This here is Rachel, a sixth year from a relatively conservative rich family who picks and chooses whivh of her family values suit her. She falls pretty in line in her beliefs regarding class and blood but differs in regards over beliefs about women. While she still believes women should marry and have kids... well she doesn't technically fall in line about the whole before marriage bit. But you wouldn't really know this unless you were a fling.

She's got a bit of a mean streak to her - she knows her place in society and isn't afraid to make her thoughts about you or your place known. To those above her, she's a bit of a charming suck up. Not quite teachers pet - she doesn't really care what her grades are - she just wants to be liked by people she fancies as inportant. If that is you, she's bright and friendly.

As far as classes she is taking charms, defense against the dark arts, potions, transfiguration, and alchemy.

• Friends! Likely other UC/MC girls though I could see her being friendly with boys as well. Maybe yearmates or dormmates outside that reach.
  • Enemies! She isn't nice. It isn't hard to fall into this category. Or at least a dislike if not enemies. Honestly, working class and muggleborns fall into the category on a default. She mayyy eventually get to know you enough that you override that fact. But not at first.
  • Flings! In the past year and a half, she has started to dabble in flings. Last year there was a seventh year was mostly with. Could that be you? Anyways he graduated and now she's had to expand. She finds you attractive is pretty much the only baseline for the first time though for something more than a one off she needs to at least tolerate you. She tends to prefer to have some kinda info on whoever she hooks up to ensure secrecy but that's optional. Arty this point she draws the line before sex and so far she's only been with men but she hasn't said nope otherwise to others soooo.
  • Other?! Hit me up!

this is slightly chaotic, i'm sorry

What are her NEWT classes? I'm sure I have people for her but this will help me tailor a bit more <3

graphics by mj ❤ —
    Oops that would be helpful, wouldn't it? She's taking charms, defense against the dark arts, potions, transfiguration, and alchemy.

"Did you say the younger sister of my best, closest friend is taking my absolutely biased as favorites N.E.W.T level class? What neoptism? I don't see anything of the sort."

Obviously, we need plots! >D

So my initial reaction is that they're probably friendly and knew each other, even if in passing, since she was a baby. (Cue adorable hair ruffling when she's 6 and he's 18 and he pretends to die all dramatically just to make her laugh.) As his student I feel like he'd keep an extra eye on her. If anything started to slip, if she seemed distracted, if he heard rumors about anything, etc etc - he'd check on her. If you want more than that, I'm also super open but I figured this was probably a good place to start! :D Rachel Morgan

The following 1 user Likes Basil Foxwood's post:
       Eldritch Morgan
    Fox:
    Rach will never say no to favoritism. But she also is probably far used to him as Ritchis's best friend and as someone she grew up around to actually see him as an authority figure and thus probably slips on calling him professor and being formal, especially outside of class. But she would be peeved if he started or ever did treat her like a baby. As far as class itself, transfiguration is one of the classes she was just actually good at (as she had to be to take alchemy) even if it may seem she doesn't pay attention.
    You mentioned anything else, did you have ideas?

@“Rachel Morgan” Bahaha that’s completely fair.  Basil would frown if she ever called him by his first name in front of others, but I also feel like he’d be pretty informal with her too, outside class. I’m sure she has enough brother attention but originally Basil and Atticus had a younger sister that I cut out of his app and he’s still salty about it because they were close lololol. I’d love to do a thread with them!

I would as well! And frankly, if Morgan's brought him around a lot over the years she may see him in a sorts brother way. She'd've known Basil just as long considering her brother was already in Hogwarts when she was born. I also kinda imagine she's closer to her brothers than the female members of her family. I'd love a thread! Would you like to make it or I?

That's perfect for me! If you want to take a stab feel free! If not, I can probably throw something up after I catch up a bit!

I think that's the exact same course load (bar DADA maybe?) as Idunn Fraser who has told me she does not like Rachel, so that's fun. More amenable to her is Elijah Urquart. I don't think either of my other NEWT crew would have much overlap unless contrived?

I also have Madeline Bell—how does Rachel feel about the Gryffindor quidditch girls?

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
    [Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
    — graphics by lady ❤ —
    Happy to volunteer Ida for being a frenemy/enemy maybe? On the surface Ida would resent pretty much anyone she thinks gets unfair advantages for something besides merit. But on the flip side she adores Prof Foxwood and maybe has to tread lightly there. I could see Ida going out of her way to somehow land Rachel with some of the more challenging/annoying work in a class. You know. For the learning opportunity. Smile

The following 1 user Likes Ida Chang's post:
       Poppy Dashwood
    First.  Opps I took way too long to reply to this sorry!

Kayte: Aldous Crouch
    Ohhh that's interesting.  I could very much see Rachel finding Idunn very annoying as well on a personality note.  Probably think she's a know it all with a stick up her butt. So it could be very interesting to see the two clash in class and drive each other nuts.

As far as Urquart I do think he'd be more up her alley than Idunn to get along with. I know he has a potions open shop I'll try and snag that and we could see better how they'd get along!

For GG, I don't think she'd be overly friendly with them but I do think her opinions would very on each person. Rachel has been outspoken with her opinions on muggleborns so they might have some issues there. Specifically with Maddy, I think she'd partially feel bad for herr that her father married a muggle but also kinda judgy. I'malso still deciding how she feels about female quidditch players. I'm leaning towards that doesn't bother her.

Nolie Ida Chang
    Oh my goodness that is hilarious. I would love that though it will certainly be funny as transfiguration is actually her good subject so yeah there might be a hint of favoritism but she actually can hold her own anyways and would be highly pissed off at anyone who suggests otherwise. It could be really fun to play out.

The following 2 users Like Rachel Morgan's post:
       Ida Chang, Poppy Dashwood
    Ida Chang & Rachel Morgan - don't mind me, just some friendly stalking here BUT if they got fiesty in class re:rivalry Basil would be very uncomfortable xD I want a thread if it's obvious enough! Maybe even a detention thread >D omg that would be the day hell freezes over... He's also kinda a dunce though so he might not even notice, lbh. It's really up to you guys if we want to add him to this but I'm a busybody so I thought I'd pipe up, lol.

On the flip side, Poppy is also friends with both of them and she does not want to be caught in the middle of this lol. All to say, we can throw some fuel to that fire >D But Poppy won't pick sides, so there's that too.

Omg Rachel Morgan Basil Foxwood honestly a veryyy big fan of all that's been stated lol

Especially if Rachel can hold her own well in Transfig that can be fun. But Ida also apparently takes All The Classes so there's plenty of places for chaos to ensue elsewhere too? haha
    I have no idea how it would play out honestly. But I'm all for throwing them together Nichole and seeing what happens. x) I could see them in lady-like rivalry until the end of days or it could turn into an enemies > friends thing eventually. <3

View a Printable Version