Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Galleon Gala Presentations & Dances
Ophelia's throwing a Charity ball in late July!

PRESENTATIONS: For a small fee, ladies may be be formally presented at the beginning of the ball. They'll have a chance to walk down a staircase and show off their fancy clothes, perform a decorative, ladylike spell if they choose, and have Ophelia say some lovely things about their virtues while everyone else in attendance watches and politely applauds. While technically open to any woman as a way to 'advertise' her available dance card slots, this is really geared towards debutantes whose parents are willing to pay for them to have a leg up on the competition and a way to stand out. Special invitations for this privilege are sent to unmarried PSYR graduates, then remaining spots are open to other attendees. Maximum 10 ladies.

If you want to be one of those ladies, reply here and claim your spot! I doubt it'll fill but if it looks like it might, preference goes to PSYR grads. Let us all know what your dress looks like*, what nice thing Ophelia could say about you, and what magical display you'll be wowing us with if you choose to do one. Also if someone wants to botch their magical display I'm super game.

*When you sign up for this Ophelia will highly suggest you go get a new Marcus Lytton dress for the occasion but it's not a requirement.

If others want to use this thread to coordinate dances, feel free to do that, too. Smile The pay-for-a-spot mechanic means you might have your lady dancing with someone they otherwise would never agree to dance with, or maybe someone pays for a dance on behalf of their friend as a joke and neither party is actually interested. Maybe the gent meant to pay for the other Miss S, and is highly disappointed that he ended up with yours instead. Or maybe he meant to dance with the daughter and accidentally reserved a spot on the mother's dance card. Go wild!

THE TEN:
— Clarissa Cosgrove
— Ginevra Blackwood #
— Liberty Gore
— Helga Scamander #
— Angeline Malfoy
— Naeva Lecuyer
— Katherine Midford #

— Hope Crawford*
— Adrestia Dantés *

*can be bumped off if the spots fill
# could be bumped by a PSYR grad.

I imagine Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest will sponsor her charity case - @"Liliana Selwyn" - as one of the ladies to be showcased unless they don't make the cut. Her sponsor will likely choose what outfit and magical display Liliana presents.

Dante, please let me know if I am mistaken.

The following 1 user Likes Acacia Darlington's post:
   Madeleine Backus

Magic by Elaine!

(June 29, 2020 – 5:24 PM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote:  I imagine Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest will sponsor her charity case - @"Liliana Selwyn" - as one of the ladies to be showcased unless they don't make the cut. Her sponsor will likely choose what outfit and magical display Liliana presents.

Dante, please let me know if I am mistaken.

I know her rep technically makes the cut but I don't think Ophelia would allow a known bastard to be one of the 'special' presented ladies. It would make the whole group look less impressive by association. :P She can still attend, though!

EDIT: I mean, maybe if Gwen was willing to pay an absolute shitload of money for it but definitely not at the normal rate :P

Signing up Clarissa Cosgrove. I'll edit this post with her details at a later date. <3

And if there is room to sign up a second, @"Hope Crawford" but only if the max hasn't been reached.

The following 1 user Likes Roberto Devine's post:
   Ophelia Devine
Cecily here is a PSYR graduate! I can see her coming through with a rose-themed dress, or ethereal cloud dress. I'm not super married to her participating, though. Only if the 10 spots aren't filled lol. Would Veronica Gallivan be into this?

Also Marcus is game to design dresses! This will be the summer he makes enough to buy a house lol.

@"Helga Scamander" can go with that jasmine dress Wink

The following 2 users Like Cecily Gallivan's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour, Ophelia Devine
(June 29, 2020 – 5:27 PM)Ophelia Devine Wrote:  I know her rep technically makes the cut but I don't think Ophelia would allow a known bastard to be one of the 'special' presented ladies. It would make the whole group look less impressive by association. :P She can still attend, though!

EDIT: I mean, maybe if Gwen was willing to pay an absolute shitload of money for it but definitely not at the normal rate :P

Gwen would but is also up for being told no! XD Liliana is a bet she has with another lady, so outside of the competition element, she doesnt actually care. But yeah she would pay over the odds, but is down to bitch about Liliana with Ophelia if the occaision arose!
But both Gwen and Liliana will likely be there.

On a related note - Ana the bitchy Russian Maddie lives with would have tried to get her on list. I imagine she was probably told no - but for texture it might be worth noting. She will be there - probably wont post in the event, but it'll be included in Maddie's life as a background hufflepuff. Unless someone particularly wants a dance with her.

Ginevra Blackwoods mother probably signed her up for the stair display and dancing
DETAILS TO FOLLOW WHEN I GET TO THINKING ABOUT IT

If Hope goes Samuel St.John-Black will be there (he might take up 2 of her dances! Wink) - and dutiful available for other dances, probably paying for the more expensive dances so as to be seen as suitably charitable and generous.

@"Benevolence Montague" will probably be there
Murdock Greyback will be there, as an NPC most likley
Nephele Lestrange is probably there being charitable socialite and shit
@"Natsuko Mountbatton" will be there for dancing.

The following 1 user Likes Madeleine Backus's post:
   Roberto Devine

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
Maddie is a hard no because Ophelia is not a Marxist revolutionary over here. We're not trying to upend society by featuring WC folx like they're real debs. Get out of society, yo D<

Clarissa, Hope, Cecily, Ginevra, & Helga would all be fine though Smile

The following 3 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Cecily Gallivan, Holly Scrimgeour, Melody Crouch
Also Marcus would be willing to donate some because he's v into giving job opportunities to talented witches at his fashion house!

The following 1 user Likes Cecily Gallivan's post:
   Ophelia Devine
Also Adrestia Dantés may do the stair thing of there is space, otherwise she will just be there donating excessive amounts of money

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
(June 29, 2020 – 6:54 PM)Cecily Gallivan Wrote:  Cecily here is a PSYR graduate! I can see her coming through with a rose-themed dress, or ethereal cloud dress. I'm not super married to her participating, though. Only if the 10 spots aren't filled lol. Would Veronica Gallivan  be into this?

Iiiii don't think Veronica would be too on board with Cee "presenting", but they'd definitely make an appearance at the actual ball as the cause is something she'd support. xD

Also, this isn't Lottie's cup of tea, but if you end up needing more participation, I can offer her! Just let me know!

The following 1 user Likes Charlotte Beauregard's post:
   Cecily Gallivan

[Image: Sz4O4dC.png]
avatar & signature created by the talented mj
Liberty Gore graduated from PSYR a few years ago and would not be chomping at the bit to do the presentation but could have been bullied into it by her guardian because it's for charity!

My usual society folks (Calliope, Emerett, etc) will be there and Phyri will also attend because Ophelia's hosting, but she will absolutely be setting a ridiculously high price for herself so she doesn't have to dance with anyone all night.

The following 2 users Like Elias Grimstone's post:
   Melody Crouch, Ophelia Devine

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
Freya Selwyn and Eloise Manwaring will be there probably as NPCs. Do married women set prices for themselves too?

William Abbott will go if Diana is going. I don't think he'd pay a ton to dance with people.

@"Helga Scamander"!! I’ll read more when off mobile but assume she’ll be spending whatever it takes to be seen.

Idk if Soph would be down, but I’d love for her to wear the dress Marcus designed in her image <3

Edit: Just kidding Soph already mentioned it P

The following 2 users Like Holly Scrimgeour's post:
   Cecily Gallivan, Ophelia Devine

set by MJ <3
(June 29, 2020 – 9:29 PM)Melody Crouch Wrote:  Do married women set prices for themselves too?

That's the idea! It'd probably be a very modest amount, just to show their support for the charity and the event and not to make themselves look too proud.

I stole the idea from "dollar dances" so a normal cost would probably be a fairly trivial amount, but you're welcome to set any price Smile OH and men are also welcome to overpay if they feel inclined. For charity.

The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Devine's post:
   Melody Crouch
(June 29, 2020 – 9:45 PM)Holly Scrimgeour Wrote:  @"Helga Scamander"!! I’ll read more when off mobile but assume she’ll be spending whatever it takes to be seen.

Idk if Soph would be down, but I’d love for her to wear the dress Marcus designed in her image <3

Edit: Just kidding Soph already mentioned it P

OKAY I was finally able to get off mobile and read through stuff :P

Helga will be going in this jasmine-themed dress designed by Marcus (& Soph IRL isn't it prettyyyy? <3)

Idk if Melody Crouch/Aldous Crouch would have Rosalind Pendergast be in attendance? She would definitely not want to be presented even if she was allowed, but she might be there if Elosie and/or Evelyn is there.

Freddie Prewett will be there trying to snag a few dances with pretty girls, and I assume Edward Macmillan (NPC) will be there with his wife (Elladora Black?) just to support the charity. Handsome Whitledge (NPC) will drag Sweetie Whitledge there whether she likes it or not with the hope that she'll find the debutante life more appealing than she previously thought :P

ANYWAYS I'm up for threads with Helga and Freddie <3

set by MJ <3
(June 29, 2020 – 11:08 PM)Holly Scrimgeour Wrote:  Idk if Melody Crouch/Aldous Crouch would have Rosalind Pendergast be in attendance? She would definitely not want to be presented even if she was allowed, but she might be there if Elosie and/or Evelyn is there.

Eloise will be there BUT she is adamant that she isn't directly responsible for Rose this season so that's an Evelyn thing. So if Evelyn doesn't want to attend but wants Rose to go, Eloise will watch over Rose. If that makes sense?

The following 1 user Likes Melody Crouch's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

View a Printable Version