Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Read Only
The Diary of Sherah Drago
[Image: HTB1P_i1KFXXXXcnXXXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg]

Show

August 8, 1889
Dear Diary,
Naomi is courting again. My sister's courting one of my friend's father. His daughter is fellow Ravenclaw, Acacia Ruskin. The half-vampire my parents don't want me friends with. The one whom I will probably be working closely with when I'm done with school.
She wants to be a Healer; I want to be a Healer. We might not be working at the same Hospital, but we would still have a professional relationship, at the very least.
I wish they would understand that. Their believes cloud them. They don't think clearly when they are questioned. Sometimes I wish I could've been born into a family that doesn't believe as fully as they do. Why would they blame the children for a birth they didn't choose?
Sure, Chrysanta is more dramatic than necessary, but would she be if she hadn't been born a way that the world already frowns upon? My parents should blame their father, if they're going to blame anyone. I don't have the courage to tell them so. Their father couldn't help falling in love with who he did, I am sure.
Anyway. Naomi is courting Mr. Ruskin and has asked that I not tell Acacia or her sisters that we could very well be family by the time Spring is here. I hope Naomi tells them before Hogwarts. It's easy to not say anything when you don't see the person everyday. Hogwarts will be uncomfortable if Naomi does not tell them before the first of September.
Either way, I don't know how I feel about having a new brother-in-law; Luke is the only one i've ever known. It's strange to think of her marring another, even if it is the logical thing to do for Mordecai and Adah. I'll eventually come to terms with the idea, the fact, but right now it is to weird to think about.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Show

September 1, 1889
Dear Diary,
Naomi hasn't told let Mr. Ruskin tell his daughter's yet. I could barely look at Acacia tonight at the Sorting. I fear the longer my sister waits to tell them the more it is unlikely for them to accept her as their step-mother.
One of the new Slytherins is a Metamorphmagi. He was apparently very nervous; his eyes kept changing into the color assosiated with each house before settling on green right after he was sorted. I feel bad for him. I don't think any metamorphagi has made such a public statement at their sorting before.
If they have, I haven't noticed it before. Their skills are usually subtle. Or dramatic, but I feel like they do it on purpose. It appeared like he had no control over what his ability was doing.
I really hope Acacia doesn't notice how I can't look her in the eye and hold a conversation.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Show

September 9, 1889
Dear Diary,
My older sister wrote today and said how grateful she is that I have respected her wishes and not said anything to Acacia, Chrysanta, and Orinda. I still wonder why she wouldn't just tell them; it isn't something that should be hidden from people who will soon be your family.
I haven't responded to her letter yet. I should probably do so before she gets worried. If she asks, however, I can just say that this school year is intense already. I'm sure she remembers her own seventh year well enough.
I hope my parents are not disappointed in me for being antiquated with a half-vampire. I hurts that they're trying to make me choose between my family, faith, and friendship. Shouldn't they be proud that I'm branching out?
I know the Church looks down upon half-breeds, but I wish that wasn't so. I'm sure that my parents and Naomi arguing throughout my childhood had something to do with how I view the world.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Show

September 11, 1889
Dear Diary,
I've written back to my sister. I told her about how this year has been going thus far. I asked when she planned on telling the Ruskin sister's about her courtship. I don't expect a response anytime soon, and I probably won't have time to write back when she does.
Classes are going to get difficult here soon, and I probably won't have time to write in this, much less write with my sister. I don't know if I'll want too go to Hogsmeade on the Saturdays we can. Seems like a waste of studying time.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Show

January 20, 1890
Dear Diary,

It's been an interesting few months. I have not had much time to write down my thoughts. The latest, and best news, is that my older sister - Naomi - is getting married this summer! Is that not the best news yet? She told me on the 18th of this month!
I feel terrible for Mr. Ruskin's children; they are almost fully grown. I do not think they want a new mother, but I am sure they will be fabulous older sisters to my niece and nephew.
On a much less happier note, my parents kicked me out of the house over the holiday. I showed up at Naomi's house while it was snowing. My parents didn't even let me grab something to keep me warm before telling me to leave. My older siblings didn't seem pleased with them, but they couldn't do anything. My family is very religious, and they were not pleased to learn that I hadn't listened to our parents when they told me to put an end my friendship with Miss Acacia Ruskin some years ago.
I hope, someday, that they learn that the world isn't as black and white as they wish it to be.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Show

March 2, 1890
Dear Diary,

Someone decided to use a timeturner to go back and try and kill one of his ancestors. I don't know what he was hoping to acomplish? If he had sucessed, it probably would have killed him, and the rest of his family. Atleast, the ones from that one ancestor. Some people don't seem to think through their actions at all.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

June 1, 1890
Dear Diary,

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote in this.
• I have taken my NEWTs
• I am officially a graduate of Hogwarts, no retuning next year
• Namoi and Mr. Ruskin have officially set a date to be married: June 24
• Despite having been kicked out of my parents house over the winter, they still permitted me to pick up the last of my things to move into Naomi's house.
• They agreed to forward my NEWT Scores when they arrived, since they are still going to their house at the end of July.
That is all that I can think of, there is probably more that I'm forgetting, but Naomi wants to talk more about her Wedding Plans, so I must leave it at that.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

18 June, 1890
Dear Diary,

The day for Namoi and Mr. Ruskin's wedding is getting closer – just under a week – and I am still unsure of if I should start calling my soon-to-be brother-in-law “Martin”.

I didn't say this during my last entry; The Coming Out Ball was rather uneventful, and no student died while attempting to prank the ball itself. Which is fantastic, two year in a row of deaths at Hogwarts, and nothing during this year.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

June 24, 1890
Dear Diary,
Today is the day that Sophie and Mr. Ruskin get married. I don't want to intrude on their home; Sophie has three kids and Mr. Ruskin has four - though only Acacia will be not returning to Hogwarts this autumn.
It's still room that I'll be taking up that I'm sure that they don't have. Perhaps it is time to try and make amends with my parents, no matter how much I wish to not do that.
I don't have time to write anymore; the ceremony is to start soon and Sophie needs help making sure her children are presentable.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Set made by Elaine!
August 1, 1890
Dear Diary,
I've started my internship at Hogsmeade Hospital. I've decided to start in Artifact Incidents. Maybe I'll change to another specialty in the future.
Until Next Time,
Sherah Drago

Set made by Elaine!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Lycoris Dempsey
December 1, 2023 – 12:45 AM
Last Post by Donna Conray
October 1, 2023 – 4:49 AM
View a Printable Version