Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

IC Quidditch Tryouts 1888
IC Quidditch Tryouts ’88

Once again, tryouts for the House Quidditch Teams will be carried out via thread!  OOC, tryouts will all be held from Wednesday, August 29th to Sunday, September 9th, however IC they will be as follows:
  • GRYFFINDOR: Friday, September 7th, evening [Live!]
  • HUFFLEPUFF: Saturday, September 8th, morning [Live!]
  • RAVENCLAW: Saturday, September 8th, afternoon [Live!]
  • SLYTHERIN: Sunday, September 9th, morning [Live!]
All threads will be started by the team captain in question, however will be judged using a modified die roll system similar to that for duels and for the British National Tryouts. On September 9th after dinner, the rosters will be posted on the school bulletin board. Students will not only need to beat their competition, but the minimum score set for their position by the staff team, in order to gain the spot. It sounds a lot more intense than it actually is xD

For anyone concerned or curious here is an example from back when Castor Allaway was white xD

As of today, all positions, regardless of vacation date, require tryouts to claim them. Any position vacant after tryouts will be made available in the usual fashion, though you will not be able to take up a position you tried (and failed) to get with the same character. Please note that female beaters and first year students may only claim posts through tryouts.  Currently, the available positions are:

GRYFFINDOR:
Chaser II
Beater II
Keeper
Seeker

HUFFLEPUFF:
Chaser II
Chaser III
Beater I
Beater II

RAVENCLAW:
Chaser III
Keeper

SLYTHERIN:
Chaser II
Chaser III
Keeper

The list will be updated accordingly should more slots become available after the September Activity Check.

Please be advised: We do not allow players to hold more than one chaser/beater position on the same team. We also discourage, but don’t forbid, players holding more than one keeper or seeker.

Please post below with the following form from the appropriate account. Female students are required to get consent of a guardian; see below for further details. Students of any year are invited to sign up, however their age will factor into their modifier—a second year’s chance will not be as strong as that of a seventh year. They must also be sorted prior to signing up.

Students currently holding a position are not required to try out. Those who do so, or who try out for a different position on their team, forfeit their right to their current spot. You may try out for multiple positions, though this will require multiple forms and multiple posts in the tryout thread.

Signups close at 11:59pm EST on September 7th. You’re eligible to post in your tryout thread as soon as it’s available and I’ve “liked” your post here!

Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b] For the 1888/1889 school year.
[b]House & Position:[/b]
[b]# Years on Team:[/b] If they’ve played House Quidditch before.
[b]# Years in Club Quidditch:[/b] if applicable
[b]# Years in Flying Club:[/b] if applicable
[b]Blood:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Dexterity:[/b] Poor, Average, Good
[b]Strength:[/b] Poor, Average, Good
[b]Build:[/b] See below.

There are five builds for you to choose from:
  • Big & Broad players stand at or above 5'9" (male)/5'4" (female) with a sturdy (or overweight) build.
  • Long & Lanky players stand above 5'9" (male)/5'4" (female) with an average or slim build.
  • Average players stand between 5'5" and 5'9" (male)/5' and 5'4" (female) with an average build.
  • Short & Stout players stand between 5'0 and 5'5" (male)/4'8" and 5'2" (female) with a sturdy (or overweight) build.
  • Small & Slender players stand between 5'0 and 5'5" (male)/4'8" and 5'2" (female) with a slim build.
If you're not sure but have a reasonably detailed description in your application, just leave a link in the build field! These are more guidelines than absolutes, so don’t be afraid to hit me up with any questions.

I PLAY A FEMALE
Female characters are asked to include the following at the bottom of their registration. Since parental consent is required IC, we require that you make the necessary arrangements OOC as well.

Code:
[i]Consent has been acquired from [IC Guardian], played by [Player]. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.[/i]

I PLAY AN INCOMING FIRST YEAR
As in years past, first years will be invited to try out this year!  Players of first years should, however, note that they will be at a fairly substantial disadvantage, and that only four first years, at maximum, will be permitted to play this season. Please be aware that you may not sign up or try out if you are not yet sorted, so please come back on September 1st to drop off your form :)

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact Ursula Black, Aldous Crouch, Cassius Lestrange, Elias Grimstone or Philomena Sprout with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Character Name: Arthur Price
Year: Third
House & Position: Hufflepuff Chaser
# Years on Team: ---
# Years in Club Quidditch: 1
# Years in Flying Club: 2
Blood: Half
Class: Middle
Dexterity: Average
Strength: Average
Build: Small & Slender

The following 1 user Likes Arthur Price's post:
   Aldous Crouch
Character Name: Hestia Fairchild
Year: Third Year
House & Position: Gryffindor & Keeper
# Years on Team: N/A
# Years in Flying Club: 1
Blood: Halfblood
Class: Middle Class
Dexterity: Good

Consent has been acquired from Rosie Fairchild, played by no one. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 2 users Like Hestia Fairchild's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Declan Wood

Magic by MJ!
Character Name: @"Sloane Bixby"
Year: second
House & Position: Gryffindor seeker & chaser
# Years on Team: n/a
Blood: half
Class: middle
Dexterity: average
Strength: average
Build: small and slender

Consent has been acquired from Carson Bixby, played by NPC. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 3 users Like Sadie Sinclair's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Cameron Gillenwater, Declan Wood

[Image: SadieSig.png]
Character Name: Leah Beauregard
Year: 6th
House & Position: Slytherin Chaser/Keeper
# Years on Team: nah
# Years in Club Quidditch: nah
# Years in Flying Club: nah
Blood: Halfblood
Strength: Poor
Build: Average

Consent has been acquired from Maurice Beauregard, played by NPC (w/ Bee's permission!). I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 2 users Like Leah Beauregard's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Eugene Scamander

set by MJ!
Post Log
Character Name: Sirius Black
Year: 1
House & Position: Slytherin Chaser/Keeper
# Years on Team: N/A
# Years in Club Quidditch: N/A
# Years in Flying Club: N/A
Blood: Pure
Class: Upper
Build: Small & slender

The following 3 users Like Sirius Black's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Declan Wood, Ursula Black
Character Name: Guenhwyvar Sil Maelefithrig
Year: Third
House & Position: Slytherin, Chaser/Keeper
# Years on Team: None
# Years in Club Quidditch: Two
# Years in Flying Club: Two
Consent has been acquired from Douglas Sil Maelfithrig, played by no one. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 1 user Likes Guenhwyvar Síl Maelefithrig's post:
   Aldous Crouch
Character Name: Camille Scrimgeour
Year: Second Year
House & Position: Gryffindor & Chaser/Keeper/Seeker
# Years on Team: 0

Consent has been acquired from Hadrian, played by no one. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 2 users Like Camille Scrimgeour's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Edric Umbridge

Magic by MJ
Hufflepuff Tryouts are here!

The following 1 user Likes Goodluck Warbeck's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Lady made Magic
Have fun Slytherin~

The following 1 user Likes Kristoffer Lestrange's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Ravenclaw tryouts are a-go!

[Image: v93mgUU.png]
fabulous set by MJ!
Gryffindor tryouts!

[Image: xU9tKc.png]
set by Bee
Character Name: Alcyone Slughorn
Year: Second
House & Position: Gryffindor Chaser
Blood: Pureblood

Character Name: Alcyone Slughorn
Year: Second
House & Position: Gryffindor Beater
Blood: Pureblood

Consent has been acquired from [Edric Slughorn], played by [NPC]. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 1 user Likes Alcyone Slughorn's post:
   Aldous Crouch
Character Name: Aria Belby
Year: Fourth Year
House & Position: Gryffindor Beater/Keeper/Seeker
# Years on Team: Nah
# Years in Club Quidditch: Nah
# Years in Flying Club: Nah
Blood: MC
Class: HB
Build: Small and Slender

Consent has been acquired from Eloise Belby, played by Té. I am aware that this consent can be withdrawn at any time, and that my character’s behaviour will also be taken into account as far as their continued participation on the team is concerned.

The following 1 user Likes Aria Belby's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Post Log
Why is it always my Gryffindors that want to hog the quidditch team?

Character Name: Carius Bulstrode
Year: First Year
House & Position: Gryffindor Keeper/Beater/Seeker
# Years on Team:
# Years in Club Quidditch:
# Years in Flying Club:
Blood: PB
Class: UC
Build: Small and slender

The following 1 user Likes Carius Bulstrode's post: