Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
It's such a fine and natural sight
July 29th, 1893 — Malfoy London Home

Natsuko stood at the entrance of the grand Malfoy Manor ballroom, announced with her husband. The Celestial Ball, hosted by the prestigious Malfoy family, was a dazzling event that brought together the creme de la creme of magical society. Tonight, Natsuko wore a gown of enchanted materials, a creation made especially for her by her talented dressmaker in Osaka.

Her gown was a masterpiece, intricately designed around the phases of the moon. The fabric emitted a faint celestial glow, resembling the soft luminescence of moonlight. Natsuko felt like she was wrapped in an ethereal aura, her presence shining as bright as the stars above.

As Natsuko took a step forward into the ballroom, already knew the news that was no doubt rippling around the ballroom. Miss Victoire Malfoy, the woman she had once imagined as a rival for Atticus's affection, was now being courted by none other than Atticus's cousin, Anthony Alderton. The revelation sent a surge of mixed emotions through her.

Atticus had worn a delighted expression when telling her the news. He seemed genuinely happy for his cousin's newfound happiness. Natsuko, too, had been delighted for the gregarious man she had grown to like a great deal. Perhaps her previous assumptions about Miss Victoire Malfoy had been unkind and misjudged.

Natsuko had made up her mind. She would get to know her better. After all, the Foxwood and Alderton men were as close as brothers, making Victoire almost like a sister to Natsuko - eventually. She couldn't let any preconceived notions get in the way of that.

As she gently squeezed Atticus's hand, having told him before they had arrived of her intention. She raised on her toes, kissing him on the cheek and heading to the area where the married ladies congregated, freeing the men to smoke and talk over whiskey and away from more genteel ears.

Natsuko cast a quick glance at the ballroom, searching for the familiar face of Victoire Malfoy among the crowd. Spotting the now redhead Suki crossed and greeted her with a curtsey and then an arching of her neck. 'Miss Malfoy' she remarked, 'What a beautiful evening, please pass on my compliments to your mother'

The following 1 user Likes Natsuko Foxwood's post:
   Victoire Malfoy

[Image: 1h84GbB.jpg]
Gin made something stunning

Torie was probably getting ahead of herself. She and Anthony were only courting after all, but she wanted to flex her social just a little and organize an event with her mother. Though the family had hosted something in December, she hadn't been involved and she was itching to put her stamp on something. Of course she didn't get much say, beyond some of the colors and she had very subtly suggested the theme, but it had been enough to get some satisfaction out of how well the turnout was this evening.

Her dress* was draped beyond compare, hugging her figure and swirling effortlessly with every movement. A deep blue that appeared black in some light, it was littered with glowing gold stars, some charm placed on the embroidering and beading that illuminated the dark folds of her dress. It had real constellations on the bodice and skirt and Torie was thrilled with the outcome of her design. The gold tiara was her favorite piece and the matching jewels glinting at her neck and ears were all new. She felt like she'd gone a little overboard, but that was the point of a good theme, wasn't it? Torie had rarely shied away from being the center of attention.

So far things were running smoothly and she had enticed Anthony into a dance already before letting him be for a while. Torie didn't want to be too obnoxious, even if she was slightly obsessed with him and the butterflies he gave her. Pausing for a glass of champagne and to observe her handiwork, Tor pondered having a turn at the telescope to see what was happening in the heavens tonight, but she found herself joined by the new Mrs. Foxwood and Torie smiled brightly. Her plan to get to know the extended Alderton family was well underway and Suki had been on her list. "Mrs. Foxwood, how lovely to see you, I'm so very pleased you made it. Your dress is simply stunning." Torie was going to take the compliment on the event for herself! "How is married life treating you?" She asked as she plucked a champagne flute from a passing tray.

*but you know, Victorian

[Image: Torie94-Sig.png]
Red again! June 1894
Natsuko's eyes sparkled with admiration as she took in Torie's exquisite attire, the deep blue gown adorned with glowing gold stars. The craftsmanship and attention to detail were evident, showcasing Torie's impeccable sense of style.

"Thank you, Miss Malfoy," Natsuko replied, a warm smile gracing her lips. "Your dress is absolutely breathtaking. The celestial theme truly suits you. You've created a magical atmosphere tonight." As Torie inquired about married life, Natsuko's smile deepened. "Married life has been a beautiful adventure so far. Atticus is an amazing husband, and every day brings new joys and discoveries. We just returned from our honeymoon, and it was truly enchanting." she asked, her voice filled with genuine curiosity. It felt odd to effuse about these things to a woman she had once considered a rival - and do so when she wasn't actually trying to rub her nose in it! As far as she could tell whatever interest Torie may have had in Atticus had long since dissipated, and her interest in Anthony seemed genuine. As she understood it Anthony was unlikely to make a match for anything other than affection.

Natsuko sipped her champagne, savoring the delicate bubbles that danced on her tongue. The night was filled with a sense of possibility, and she felt a genuine connection with Torie. The opportunity to build friendships within the extended Alderton family was something she cherished, and Torie's presence only reaffirmed her desire to cultivate those bonds.

"I must say, Torie, I'm thrilled to have the chance to get to know you better. It's wonderful to see the Alderton family and the Malfoy family coming together in such a harmonious way tonight. The event you've organized is truly magnificent" Natsuko said, her eyes shining with excitement. While courtship was only that - a precursor to a more serious attachment, but as far as she knew there was no other ladies in the running for his affection.

To say the turn of life events amused her would be a stretch, but it was sort of funny how Torie had once thought it might be Atticus she used to join the Foxwood extended family, but she rather thought Atticus and Natsuko suited one another in a way Torie would not have complemented the Foxwood heir. No, she and Anthony were a much better match, in her opinion. "Thank you, I am a bit of an astronomy afficionado, so it was a gentle suggestion. My mother took it and made it into this, I shall pass on your compliments." Tor gestured gently around the garden. For all she and her mother didn't always see eye-to-eye, Torie could concede that Zandra knew how to throw a party.

"I'm pleased to hear it suits you," Torie did wonder how the adjustment to married life went, but she also supposed it largely depended on one's spouse. It was something she was sincerely looking forward to. "Where was it you went on your honeymoon?" Torie wasn't sure she knew exactly and she was curious. Though she knew that would be up to Anthony when the time came, she wanted to know where people had gone and enjoyed (or didn't!) enjoy going.

A genuine smile tugged at her lips. She too was looking forward to the opportunity to get to know Suki and see how this friendship blossomed. Once she and Anthony wed, it would be nice to have some also-recently-married friends to bond with. "It's going to be a wonderful adventure. It'll be nice to expand the family." As her own was not particularly close, that was perhaps what excited Torie the most about the future.

Red again! June 1894
"It's truly a testament to your mother's creativity and skill. She has truly outdone herself," Natsuko replied, her voice filled with genuine admiration, the social requirement to shamelessly flatter the hostess to her face. She gestured around the enchanting garden, taking in the magical ambiance that surrounded them.

As Torie inquired about their honeymoon, a soft smile graced Natsuko's lips. "We traveled to Venis, exploring the vibrant cities, serene gardens, and embracing the culture. It was an extraordinary experience, full of wonder and new discoveries." Most had assumed that they would go to Japan for their honeymoon, but Suki had been adamantly set against it, there would be time to share it was Atticus but that wasn't their honeymoon.
Natsuko took the opportunity to draw closer, linking their arms together as they strolled through the room. She cherished the idea of forming a close bond with Torie, beyond mere acquaintanceship.

Natsuko leaned in slightly, her voice barely above a whisper, as they passed the table where the gentlemen stood engrossed in conversation. "Miss Malfoy, I must confess something to you," she began, her eyes glimmering with sincerity. "I am an only child, and I have no family...had no family' she corrected [/b]'The Foxwoods, and indeed the Aldertons, have welcomed me as a sister. Poppy has been like a sister to me since we first met, and Atticus views Anthony as a brother. I know you have sisters of your own, but I would be honored if we might become as sisters. I believe we might be able to offer each other companionship as we find our places in this new family."[/b] she hoped the suggestion wasn't too simpering, especially for someone who already had sisters.

Her gaze briefly met Atticus's eyes, a silent understanding passing between them and a small flirtatious smile. Natsuko's lips curled into a knowing smile as she caught her husband's eye, who stood engaged in conversation with Anthony. The unspoken understanding between them only strengthened her resolve to foster a deep friendship with Torie.

One day, Torie would be the one throwing these parties and taking the credit herself. It would be a sweet sort of success in the long run. Torie allowed for Suki to link their arms, the pair gliding around the garden easily. Torie nodded along as Suki described their honeymoon. Just the idea of it had her sighing softly, looking forward to her own someday. A long holiday, just the two of them, whether they ended up in France or somewhere more exotic, she just wanted him all to herself for a little while before they settled into married life.

The conversation turned a little more serious as Suki disclosed that she was an only child and she wished for them to be close. Tor couldn't quite empathize there, but sometimes she did wish she too was the only child. Angel wasn't so bad, but she had her own things going on. Estelle and Raf were another matter entirely. The close relationships of Anthony's extended family were part of what had originally pulled her in. Poppy's friendship outside of that certainly helped, but to see them all so bonded was refreshing after missing the feeling for most of her life. She knew Anthony and Atticus were close, though wasn't sure if she had put any strain on that after everything with Basil, but hopefully things were as good as they once were.

Torie's gaze followed toward the aforementioned gentlemen and she too smiled slowly, though winked quickly as she caught Anthony's eye. None of that sappy affection in public, plus he was always teasing her somehow, she could give it right back. Once Anthony had gotten through this proper courtship he wanted, and things started moving with more finality, Torie wanted to be in the good graces of her future family. "I would like that very much," Torie agreed finally, once she thought Suki had added all she wanted to. "It will be nice to have someone on the other side once things become more official. Plus my sisters and I have never been particularly close, it'll be a refreshing change."

Red again! June 1894
When Torie mentioned how refreshing it was to see the close bonds of the extended Alderton family, Natsuko couldn't help but agree wholeheartedly and broke into a broad smile. "You're right, Miss Malfoy. The closeness of the Alderton family is something to be admired. I am grateful and, to be honest, envious of the strong connections they share. It's something I've always wanted for myself." she chuckled, 'I suppose I have it now'

Natsuko's voice carried a touch of wistfulness. Growing up without siblings or a large extended family had left her yearning for the sense of belonging and camaraderie that she now witnessed in the Alderton family. Her marriage to Atticus had brought her into a world of acceptance and warmth, one she had never known before. Her father had been a cold man while he lived, showing little affection to his daughter, her aunt was at best disinterested.

'and I am sure to sing the praises of your hostessing then'
she laughed. She inclined her head in the direction of the gentlemen, 'I believe your gentlemen wishes to steal you away for a dance - and my husband with him' she indicated the gents, and gave Atticus a small flirtatious smile, 'You should come visit with me next week, when there are not such handsome distractions'

wrap?

Nodding along, Torie was looking forward to a time when the closeness of that family was hers entirely, but she would play at Anthony's pace for now. As long as it wasn't painfully slow. It was of course how things ought to go, but that didn't change her impatience. Whatever it was that Anthony had in his head about her potentially running in the face of real life, Torie was going to stick it out and prove him wrong. Maybe it was a fanciful notion, but she had a really good feeling about this.

Suki made to excuse herself and while Torie would enjoy a dance with her beau, he was going to have to wait a while.
"He'll have to wait a few, I'll be along soon as soon as I see to a couple of things." Plus she liked to tease Anthony just a little. "Tea next week would be lovely, give Mr. Foxwood my best." Torie passed Suki a smile and gave her arm a pat with her free hand. Hosting had responsibilities and she was going to make sure she covered everything she needed to before she settled in to enjoy any free time.

The following 1 user Likes Victoire Malfoy's post:
   Madeleine Backus

Red again! June 1894

View a Printable Version