Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

*N/A*
The Room Where It Happens [Lynn's Plots]
about my networking...
My name is Lynn, I use she/her pronouns, I live in Pacific Time Zone.

I prefer to have fast-moving threads with posts of any length that feels appropriate (no need to match wordcount!). If a thread "dies," I generally prefer not to revive it unless it is plot essential. I love drama in my plots and am fairly comfortable with most topics and subjects as long as they are handled appropriately. Strong language, violence, and sex are all okay when the thread calls for it, but I don't usually thread any of the above just for their own sake. I have killed/injured tons of characters in the past and am willing to do so in the future if it's properly built up in narrative, but it has to be discussed offscreen first.

I'm pretty trash at networking so if you want something, please just keep poking me until it happens. I'm much better at high-drama plotting so also send those my way. xD

Best Contact: Discord, replies here or tags anywhere, PMs.
When starting threads please tag: Account in question (and Fortitude Greengrass if you feel like it but that's optional); alternatively, just use the discord channel. I highkey love getting tags in the discord channel because I work from home so I can usually go read things right away even if I can't reply <3

Oz

Ozymandias Dempsey
35 | 8★ | UCHB | Married
Minister for Magic

The son and heir of two romantic poets, Oz lived most of his adult life as a rake until he decided, for reasons unclear to everyone, to marry a woman he apparently despises. He lived in Ireland with the entirety of his extensive and eccentric family and occasionally invented things up until he decided to run for Minister and (get this!) won.

Ben

Reuben Crouch
34 | 6★ | MCPB | Complicated
Human Disaster

After separating from his wife of three years and losing his long-time job to dragons, Ben took a post as the Hogwarts referee/flight instructor. A former Quidditch player/enthusiast with a reputation as a womanizer and flirt, Ben is more sensitive than one might at first assume.

Alfred

J. Alfred Darrow
37 | 6★ | MCHB | Married
Intrepid Explorer

Captain of the Voyager, a vessel primarily contracted to provide anti-piracy security to magical shipping. His passion is as an explorer and he also teaches sailing lessons at the Sanditon. He was shipwrecked and presumed dead from 1882 - 1887; his memoir of the experience was heavily sensationalized by his publisher and did not explicitly dispel the rumors of cannibalism.

Ford

Fortitude Greengrass
26 | 7★ | MCPB | Engaged
Specializes in Feelings

Spirit Division employee who spends most of his free time fretting about the fact that his family can't continue to support multiple debutantes and he needs to get his sisters married ASAP. Also, feeling awkward about how handsome their potential suitors are.

Jules

Juliana Ainsworth
31 | 6★ | MCHB | Married
Secretary & Lycanthropy Researcher

Juliana is the secretary for the Minister of Magic by day and (secretly) renowned lycanthropy researcher Marlowe Forfang by night. She has a bit of an iffy past when it comes to society and approaches problems with a utilitarian lens.

Victor

Victor Daphnel
31 | 9★ | UCPB | Ghost
Resting in Peace (Not)

A healer and spell theory enthusiast, Victor served as the de facto head of his family for part of his adult life while his father was away on 'research' trips. Unfortunately, he passed away mere months after his marriage to Christabel nee Dempsey, but (fortunately?) lingers on in spirit form. His wife left him about nine months after his death, for reasons that have been widely speculated upon.

Ezra

Ezra Applegate
32 | 9★ | MCPB | Unattached
Unspeakable

Ezra has a reputation for moodiness and his family is known to be all different variations of "odd" - unbeknownst to most, this is due to a blood curse on the Applegate line. Ezra is technically available (though never really moved on from his former fiancee, Rosalie Hunniford, after she broke their engagement) and works as an Unspeakable.

Magnolia

Magnolia Addams
20 | 6★ | WCHB | Widow
Girl On The Run

Mrs. Addams arrived in London recently widowed and heavily pregnant, and has since lost the baby. Despite her tragic past she seems intent on soldiering on in London and making her own way as a freelance herbalist and potioneer. (Secretly!) she is also a werewolf on the run from a very public past she wishes to leave behind her.

Emrys

Emrys Selwyn
42 | 8★ | UCPB | Married
Arts Patron

Publicly, Emrys is the owner of a shipping company and patron of various arts, but is more well known for occasionally throwing very tasteful but highly exclusive parties. If you're involved in the seedier side of society you might recognize Emrys as an ensconced member who regularly attends or hosts sex or drug parties, frequents opium dens, and has casual affairs with both men and women.

Monk

Brigadier General Abernathy
25 | 8★ | WCHB | Unattached
Street Market Medium

Monk is an oddball street vendor who is usually tripping on hallucinogenic tea to some extent. He's unbothered by most things people do so easy to get along with if you don't mind his peculiarities.

↓ the back burner ↓
These characters are inactive but their muses are still around! I am happy to discuss relationships between them and other existing characters, answer questions about what they would or wouldn't do IC, or even revive them for interactions/plot needs as necessary. Just shout if you need them!
Eldritch Morgan | Gideon Ollivander | Tiberius Lestrange | Domitian Zabini  | Thom Pettigrew | Brannon Fisk | Lyra Potter | Dorothea Twycross | Bellamy Echelon

♡ Set by Lady ♡
active thread counts;;

ford: 17 +++
oz: 6 (2? close to wrapping)
victor: 2
ben: 3 +
jules: 1 +
magnolia: 2
myles: 1
ezra: 9 ++
alfred: 3
emrys: 2

The following 1 user Likes Fortitude Greengrass's post:
   Tycho Dodonus

♡ Set by Lady ♡
BLIZZARD / LOOP STUFF

The things I want most:
- someone get stuck with Magnolia Addams during the stormy bits where she's running low on polyjuice !!!
- SOMEONE (unsure who? but am willing to make things happen!) to start Feb 28th in someone else's bed so that they can do it AGAIN THE NEXT DAY
- Victor Daphnel out in the storm because #ghost, thinks he is invincible but then runs into a patch of funny magic and ends up needing help
- anyone finding out someone they care about is out in the storm and having to effect a DARING RESCUE

In general I'm down for anything with:
Ezra Applegate
Emrys Selwyn - art <3
Juliana Ainsworth
Ozymandias Dempsey

and also if anyone has an interesting idea for someone else I can always be enticed, throw stuff at me <3

♡ Set by Lady ♡
Magnolia can get stuck with Rose in the True Hart - If she's still looking preggers Rose will virtually insist she stay through the storm

[Image: m5lSNKW.png]
^ she looks however Zelda looks 3.5 weeks postpartum but has been telling people she had a stillbirth since seeing Zelda's birth announcement in the paper. So Rose would not believe her pregnant!

Another late breaking plot notion:

Would love for one of my characters to be stuck with someone having a Situation - eg when Ford and Billy were trapped together and Billy was going through withdrawals. Applegates maybe? Who else is potentially a mess??

♡ Set by Lady ♡
Spring Plot Plugs

The theme of this networking post is increasing surface area. I'm not looking for a zillion new things but I am very specifically looking for interesting or plot-driving interactions with people these characters don't routinely thread with already. I've also got them on tiers because there's no use pretending I don't play favorites.

Also noteworthy, I updated my networking blurbs in the main post above! So everyone should have a blurb.

Ford can have as many new things as he wants because he is my world <3 lol. Anyway! I am still interested in him meeting Elliot, Jack, or both - with or without discovering their connections to Jemima. I'm up for post-wedding things with anyone in his family/friend/work circles. Essentially: if you think your character would have a fun interaction with Ford it's safe to say I want it.

Ezra can have 3 new things, here are ideas:
- would love to thread with another Unspeakable!
- FAKE DATE PLOT PLEASE or real honest hurling, either way. Just some interaction with women that isn't Rosie plz and thanks <3
- has an upcoming plot hook, stay tuned for deets.

Emrys is revived and can have 3 new things, here are ideas:
- flirting - let Emrys tempt you, whether or not it goes anywhere. Any gender, must feel adult (seventeen doesn't work for him lol)
- can he just interact socially with another member of Victory King's underground club? would love a degenerate connection he isn't sleeping with haha
- pretty sure he only ever threaded with two family members (Trystan and Liliana) so either interacting with other Selwyns or the people closely connected with them
- art scene hos, Emrys is a patron

Magnolia can have 3 new things, here are ideas:
- someone get stuck with her during the stormy bits of the blizzard where she's running low on polyjuice !!!
- she really needs a London friend
- in the upcoming weeks/months she will need to steal more of Zelda Darrow's hair — would looooooove to have an interaction at the Sanditon Resort where she is sneaking in and someone thinks she's Zelda. I'm open to threadding this very early also so that we can leave the door open for immediate IC consequences and/or follow up threads between your character and real!Zelda.

The following can have 1-2 new things, here are ideas for each:
Alfred - your UC character hires Alfred to sail their little yacht around on what was supposed to be a ~romantic excursion (or something) but then your character has a falling out with the person who was supposed to come so now we're on a boat together and Alfred knows more about your personal life than he would prefer
Jules - meeting werewolves, meeting Dempseys, I would love for her to develop a new crush (any gender, historically she has been into people who are very opposite to her, eg very feelings-focused and less intellectual)
Myles - other respectable wc sorts? are there other played servants he can interact with besides Knox?
Oz - chats with Dept Heads about work initiatives (like I would love to decide policy in thread tbh), anyone can bring a complaint/etc to his office, social things, anyone connected to Sophia (he is not aware she's still in the country and will be upset to discover this!)
Ben - Hogwarts coworkers please please please. Be friends, be antagonistic, be dismissive of him as a person, I would just love to have established work dynamics
Victor - is anyone interested in seeking out ghosts for any reason? Alternatively: Victor enlists you to be his experimental spell partner. The requirements are you are capable of casting magic and not put off by the idea of casting brand new spells that could potentially have catastrophic effects :P

Merida Greyback

♡ Set by Lady ♡
Emrys - I'm bringing back Cad - he could use an interested male figure, he's trying desperatly to get some sort of parental approval
Also Karina - for art scene things

Magnolia- keen to develop rose and magnolia if you are still interested.

Jules - Christabel? She is no doubt a frequent visitor /botherer of Ozy's office.

Myles - I have Maddie as respectable WC, he is probably too importnt to be sent on errands to her shop on behalf of the family, but I guess out and about in WC magic society.

Oz - Murdock is open for policy chats- the only policy I know he has a strong position on are vampires. I also have Karina who knows where Sophia is

Ben - I have Meserimus obviously

Victor - alas I have no one obvious for him - maybe some sort of awkward legal discussion at some future point.

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
Hello! Obviously we already have many things, but would love Myles/Sera or Ford/Elliot or both!

MJ made this!
If you've got potential family connections for a WC male around 25ish (Pennyworth level WC not destitute), come find me. I could also swing lower MC for a particularly compelling connection. Tentatively planning Ehren Kassam for his face:

Edit: I have paternal cousins and a last name now so my needs are tentatively met!

Tycho Dodonus

♡ Set by Lady ♡

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version