Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Brigit Langley for Fletcher Langley.
The Matchmaking Menace
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

The Room Where It Happens [Lynn's Plots]
Lynn's Networking

What's Going On In Lynn's Real Life: Just moved to Monterey, California so Jack can go to grad school. Still slowly chipping away at the unpacking/making the house liveable. I'm starting a new part-time job at a children's museum and hoping to do some sort of continuing education (grad school? teaching credential? something else entirely?) in the summer/fall.

Networking Basics: The folks with tabs are my heavy rotation - either currently active or could be reactivated at any time pending having things to do. I also have a tab for Retired characters, which I have no plans to bring back, but might if you had a really good offer. I can also offer up retired characters for use as NPCs in plots where you don't need someone to thread that particular role.

Contacting Me: PMs are best addressed to Ophelia Devine. Skype is the fastest way to get in touch with me. If you have my phone number, you can also text. I don't publish my contact info anywhere on the forum but if you want it, just PM me and ask and I'll probably hand it over. I am friendlier than I appear, I promise.

@Ophelia Devine is a socialite and fashionista and the wife of @Roberto Devine. She is up for anything a respectable UC lady would reasonably do.

Specific plot ideas: She wants a baby. Do you have someone who could peddle her a non-MoM-approved fertility potion? Other sketchy conception ideas? Someone who has a pregnancy they need to get rid of? Hit me up.

Character & Retcon Ads: TBD.

@J. Alfred Darrow is an explorer and Captain of the Voyager. He is generally available for everything, including hurling (straight*), though he has a pretty serious crush on @Zelda Fisk.

* unless there's a boat involved? IDK, has some very homoerotic vibes on occasion but his muse keeps insisting he's straight.

Specific plot ideas: I HAVE NOTHING SO GIVE THEM TO ME.

Character & Retcon Ads: You could play his disparaging, professional brother.

@Lyra Potter is a vampire politico and freelance nurse. She is up for all the vampire drama. If you have any sort of plot needs involving bloodsuckers, please let me know because I'd love to get her involved in any capacity. She's also technically available for hurling, but she's got a complicated past with her former fiance, August Echelon-Arnost, that means she is unlikely to open up romantically or emotionally. She might get involved with some "no-strings" sort of relationship if she was convinced the other party would keep things on the downlow.

Specific plot ideas: TBD

Character & Retcon Ads: Her #babydaddy, ask me for details. <3

@Ernest Mulciber is an UCPB and the assistant head of the Department of Mysteries. He is sassy AF in his internal monologue and thinks he's smarter than everyone. He is generally available to be disparaging to everyone, occasional friendships, and affair hurling (straight).

Specific plot ideas: I have them but they're secret.

Character & Retcon Ads: His mother is the HBIC.

@Reuben Crouch is a professional Gryffinfail who has had a series of careers and most lately started working as a hype-man/PR rep for Jewell Distilleries. He is generally available for everything, including hurling (heteroflexible).

Specific plot ideas: TBD.

Character & Retcon Ads: I am seeking THE PRINCESS: a rich girl from a powerful family, she and Ben got #involved (what that means is up for discussion) and then he got into some trouble when her family found out, forcing Aldous to send him off to Canada while things cooled down. Their current dynamic is open for discussion.

Thom is currently inactive.

@Thom Pettigrew is an UCPB Quidditch afficinado, sponsor of Puddlemere United, owner of the manufacturing company Quality Quaffle & Snitch, and inventor of Quidditch and flying supplies. He likes to throw parties and his marriage to @Hannah Pettigrew was off to a publicly rough start, but seems to have recovered. Generally available for everything, including affair hurling (straight).

Specific plot ideas: #secrets

Character & Retcon Ads: Thom has had a series of assistant over the years, all of whom he has been very close to (think Tony Stark/Pepper Potts but without the marriage) and some of whom have left on better terms than others.

@Tiberius Lestrange is a sociopath. He quit his job as an Unspeakable on a whim to pursue his Animagus studies; now that he's accomplished that he is mostly occupied in wondering why he hasn't murdered his wife yet. Generally available for villainy, occasional friendships with similar personalities (intellectual UCPB men with dark leanings), and Lestrange family drama.

Specific plot ideas: TBD.

Character & Retcon Ads: TBD.

@Katherine Russell is an infamous teenager, since her father is wanted for murder and is living out his best exile life in Morocco. Her younger brother is attending Hogwarts this fall. She is generally open for everything including hurling (straight).

Specific plot ideas: Connections that she sees as positive that actually have nefarious purposes (one-sided friendships, a boy flirting with her because she has an income at her disposal and is naive, an undercover DMLE person who wants info on her father, etc).

Character & Retcon Ads: Her mother and father are both open for play, as are members of her extended family (either side), family members of her father's victims, etc.

Lou is currently inactive.

@Lupus Jameshill is a werewolf ex-auror currently working as a private detective for hire. He is generally available for everything, including hurling (bisexual).

Specific plot ideas: I want someone to hire him to figure out where their spouse/sibling/friend/coworker is disappearing to, only for Lou to eventually discover that his 'target' is a secret werewolf, so that he can have some inner turmoil over whether he ought to 'out' them.

Character & Retcon Ads: Lou could use his former partner who would be either a current or former auror; their relationship is up for discussion but would be #drama either way. He could also generally use people from his past like former friends.

The characters listed below are those I consider more permanently retired, meaning I have no plans to revive them or play them in the future. I do still have dormant muse for these guys, though, so if anything exciting happens and you need them, let me know. I can also weigh in on plot developments from their point of view if you need family/friend buy-off on anything.
Actively Seeking:
— New plot ideas for Alfred and Ernest.

— Sketchy conception methods for Ophelia. She wants a baby. Do you have someone who could peddle her a non-MoM-approved fertility potion? Other ideas? Hit me.

— Ben's Princess; see above for details. There will be lots of shenanigans, lots of emotions, and lots of character development. I'm open to past-threadding their initial relationship to see how things go or just discussing it to hammer out the details and moving forward with current threads. Most things are flexible for her so if you have someone who might fit, let me know. <3

— Any long-term plot for Lou. I would revive him once I have one. I have some ideas (see above) but am open to others. I'm willing to wreck his life in any capacity. Could center around his lycanthropy, his current career as a private detective, his connection to Xena/the Fisks, or a person from his past. Have ideas, even vague ones? Holler at me.

— Things in general for Katherine; she needs to make some connections. Positive or negative variety is fine. Connections that she sees as positive that actually have nefarious purposes (one-sided friendships, a boy flirting with her because she has an income at her disposal and is naive, an undercover DMLE person who wants info on her father, etc) would be especially fun.