Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Now that he had walked up to them, he couldn't exactly whirl around and get going. That would be rude. And was not, presumably, how straight men seduced their future wives.

Cassius Lestrange in Eyes on the Screen

— Nominate a quote —
The Dozen

Complete a twelve-post thread in which each post has exactly twelve words. At least three posts must be your own.

<
>

Wicks' Networking
Hello Everyone,

Introducing Mr Edwin Bennett, Hogwarts Librarian and Historian. He is a working class, though relatively comfortable, young guy who is loving life at Hogwarts. He is currently working on his third book, and can often be found in the library working on it after his day is done.

His mother is a working class pureblood, I have not mentioned her maiden name, so we could create a familial connection if someone is up for that. He is a friendly guy, was a Beater for the Ravenclaw squad, and his mum is nagging him about the lack of grandchildren.

Pretty much open for anything! So just let me know if you think we could do something.
Hello, Wicks! My name's Bree and welcome to Charming! I have a few connections for you!
    Depending on how often Edwin gets in and out of Hogwarts, I have two WC adults around his age: Andrew Bingham, Dionisia Tweedy, and Odette Ravenhurst . Andrew and Dionisia were both Hufflepuff dropouts, with Andrew leaving in 1885 and Dionisa in 1884. They both would have always been three years behind him! Odette is also a Hufflepuff dropout, though left after her second year in 1879. She was a year behind him!

Since Edwin works at Hogwarts, he also has access to my hoard of students!

My first years are Holly Scrimgeour and Tatianna Brownhill. Holly can be found in the library far more often that Tia, but she's a little spitfire.

My second year is Cameron Gillenwater. He's less likely to be wandering the library unless someone directed him there.

My fourth year is Frida Lestrange. She's... available for threads but I'm not sure if she'd take to socializing with the librarian.

My fifth years are Flora Halliday and Ernie Nuffer. Flora would be a good option for a thread!

aaaand my lone seventh year is the head boy, Handsome Whitledge!
If you have any preferences for 1-2 threads, let me know! <3

I burned the bridges without regret.
Welcome aboard Wicks! I only have three characters that Edwin may have run into, but I shall list them below. I also have a fourth that he may run into if not on Hogwarts Grounds.

First, Rufus Bixby, he's a former Gryffindor, mc, only a year or two older than Edwin. He's now a pro quidditch player with little interest in books. But a rather outgoing guy so their paths may have crossed.

Also at school he may have met Lucille Flint, she's an upbp deb who is currently 19. She was in Hufflepuff. She's a huge daydreamer and loves romance novels.

My sole student is first year (almost second year!) Sisse Thompsett, a Gryffindor who actually spends a surprising amount of time in the library.

Finally, I have Caroline Delaney who he might meet in at a shopping location. Shes a mc deb from america, her family owns a huge shipping business. She's currently in England for the first time.

Feel free to throw any ideas at me that you might have for Edwain and this bunch.

[Image: pJDOHc.jpg]
(April 22, 2018 – 2:12 PM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote: Hello, Wicks! My name's Bree and welcome to Charming! I have a few connections for you!
    Depending on how often Edwin gets in and out of Hogwarts, I have two WC adults around his age: Andrew Bingham, Dionisia Tweedy, and Odette Ravenhurst . Andrew and Dionisia were both Hufflepuff dropouts, with Andrew leaving in 1885 and Dionisa in 1884. They both would have always been three years behind him! Odette is also a Hufflepuff dropout, though left after her second year in 1879. She was a year behind him!

Since Edwin works at Hogwarts, he also has access to my hoard of students!

My first years are Holly Scrimgeour and Tatianna Brownhill. Holly can be found in the library far more often that Tia, but she's a little spitfire.

My second year is Cameron Gillenwater. He's less likely to be wandering the library unless someone directed him there.

My fourth year is Frida Lestrange. She's... available for threads but I'm not sure if she'd take to socializing with the librarian.

My fifth years are Flora Halliday and Ernie Nuffer. Flora would be a good option for a thread!

aaaand my lone seventh year is the head boy, Handsome Whitledge!
If you have any preferences for 1-2 threads, let me know! <3

Hey,

Lots of possibilities! I was thinking something with Odette maybe, as she was a year behind him so the closest in age. Maybe they became friendly before she dropped out and haven't really seen each other since? They could bump into each other and talk about old times perhaps?

Flora could be cool, like you said. Edwin was an excellent student, maybe she's been working with him on some of her subjects during the year?

(April 22, 2018 – 2:43 PM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote: Welcome aboard Wicks! I only have three characters that Edwin may have run into, but I shall list them below. I also have a fourth that he may run into if not on Hogwarts Grounds.

First, Rufus Bixby, he's a former Gryffindor, mc, only a year or two older than Edwin. He's now a pro quidditch player with little interest in books. But a rather outgoing guy so their paths may have crossed.

Also at school he may have met Lucille Flint, she's an upbp deb who is currently 19. She was in Hufflepuff. She's a huge daydreamer and loves romance novels.

My sole student is first year (almost second year!) Sisse Thompsett, a Gryffindor who actually spends a surprising amount of time in the library.

Finally, I have Caroline Delaney who he might meet in at a shopping location.  Shes a mc deb from america, her family owns a huge shipping business. She's currently in England for the first time.

Feel free to throw any ideas at me that you might have for Edwain and this bunch.

Ooh cool. Rufus could be fun, we could say Edwin was a big fan of his team?
Hello Wicks! I'm Grace.

I have Gerard Banges who is three years behind Edwin, and also a Ravenclaw in school. He dropped out before his fifth year would have started, the '84-'85 schoolyear. He would have been one of the louder cheerers for Ravenclaw's team.
Hey Wicks and welcome to the site!

I have a few characters we could work around. I'll list them all incase you can think of something if I have no ideas!

Argus Scrimgeour - UCPB. Former Auror. He's the worst of the worst. He is abusive to his family and thinks he is better than everyone. He suffers from paranoia and PTSD due to an attack from a dark wizard.

Can't think of much off the top of my head, but if Edwin frequents any number of bars etc, they may bump into one another.

Thomas Tilcott - A few years older than Edwin but if Edwin was into Quidditch, then it's highly likely Tommy and Edwin knew each other in passing at the very least. Thomas plays for Puddlemere United as their First String Chaser and Quidditch is his entire life.

James Grey - my fourth year student who is an absolute bookworm who loves wizards chess. He's on the chess club and frequents the library a fair bit looking for people to play chess against.

James is also academically inclined so it's likely he comes and prods Edwins brain quite often.

Woopy - My dramatic and moody House Elf who works at Hogwarts. He prefers to do his work when no one is around but has been known to go invisible and just annoy people whilst he's working.

These two have probably bumped into each other several times, and it's likely always ended up with Woopy cursing him out!

So yeah those are my characters. Let me know if you've any ideas!
I have Prudence Browne. She isn't very studious and likely whenever she is in the library he has to get on her about being too loud. xD
Yes, I like that idea. Perhaps he occasions the three broomsticks on Hogsmeade weekends and Rufus can run into him then?

[Image: vgR1rM.png]
BEE-utiful set!
[Image: bCBJMyB.png]