Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
An Unfortunate Fall
Hogsmeade Hospital, April 18, 1888

Magical maintenence could be tough. Often times it was cleaning up whatever bodily fluids were left by the patients of the hospital, but it could mean figuring out whatever hijinks someone had gotten into around the hospital. Now, for instance, he felt a bit annoyed at having to take down whatever cursed object had attached itself to the front, but he was a little bit excited to examine it. It seemed to yell lewd things whenever any lady over the age of 30 walked past it, and Gerard could see that it would be an annoyance if nothing was done about it. The indignity of some people!

Putting a ladder up, as he was shorter than where it was at and he couldn't find a way to make his normal spells get it off. Manual seemed to be the only option left. Wearing his work clothes, including his gloves, holding his wand in his mouth, he attempted to tug the object done. What happened next, he wasn't quite sure, but it came off the wall in his hands, and the resulting force pushed him off his ladder. He felt pain in his arms and realized there were cuts all down them, a result of taking down the cursed object. He got his wand and silenced the object permanently.

Now, what to do about his injuries...well, this was a hospital, anyways. He was bound to find proper healing somewhere. He stood, still a little sore from the injury, and called out for help from a hopefully nearby worker

"@'Dionisia Tweedy'"

The nature of a mediwitch's job meant that she saw the walls of the hospital far less than the other employees, but that didn't mean she wasn't ever around. When she wasn't assisting with patients on the field, she was helping keep blood loss at a minimum, helping with other emergencies with existing patients, or - yes - helping with employees who were injured.

Such had been the case with Dionisia, one of the only part of her team that was currently inside Hogsmeade Hospital, was notified by a witch with a deadpan expression that one of the magical maintenance men had taken a harsh fall in the front of the hospital. Naturally alarmed, Dionisia had sought him out quickly, her wand proving much more effective than her legs would have ever.

"Mr. Banges!"" explained the mediwitch as she leaned down beside him. Though her hands immediately worked to find whatever potions, bandages, whatever was needed to heal heal him, she pursued conversation as well.

"What have you gotten yourself into this time?" she questioned, glancing up at his face from his arms. She eyed the idle object on the floor, unsure if it had been the culprit or a casualty of the maintenance man's job. Surely he'd have sent for help with that ladder and all! Mr. Banges had been in her year at Hogwarts, and while she wouldn't consider herself his friend, she'd held more than a single conversation with him over the span of five years.

Gerard looked up at Miss Tweedy as she arrived, having deemed sitting the best option for his injuries, though he considered standing, as she was a lady, but he felt that would be less than productive. He enjoyed her company a bit, from the conversations they had before.

He politely smiled, than winced, as his cuts did hurt quite a bit. Gerard was grateful for whatever magic that Miss Tweedy was about to work, thinking that he was quite lucky his job was at the hospital. "I thought I could get it down easily. It did not seem to be too much cursed. I seem to be wrong about that." A small joke, he laughed. He picked up the object and looked at it, and held it up for Miss Tweedy to see. It wasn't dangerous anymore, he thought. His wand had made sure of that. His father had taught him a few things, after all. Apparently not how to check for curses.

He glanced over at the ladder, sure he was going to get a reprimand for not being more careful. Honestly, he thought, nobody would put that much work into cursing an object, especially near a high profile place. He rubbed his arm before stopping and remembering that he had blood all down his arms. "Thank you for helping me, Miss Tweedy." he put the object aside once more, in case it had any more nasty surprises. He would try to examine it later, though he felt as if his own skills were not to be trusted.

Dionisia worked diligently to clear dirt and blood from the area around his cuts, all the while glancing up at him now and then to check for signs of pain. Despite feeling sorry for him, she hoped this would teach him to be more cautious!

"Any curse is dangerous, Mr. Banges. You can never be too careful," she scolded, her tone decidedly more maternal than aggravated. Whether a hospital employee or a helpless victim of an attack, a patient was still a patient.

He seemed to touch the object, and while it hadn't shown any signs of activity while he did so, it seemed the object still had a little kick in it. The moment she pulled away from him, the wound fully cleaned and bandaged, the object began to violently stir on the ground next to them.

"Mr. Banges!" she exclaimed, tugging on the man's arm as a warning.

He nodded, as if saying that he knew, he knew. Honestly, Gerard wasn't very careful because he never really expected anyone to do something as awful as harm a hospital, but he would try to take Miss Tweedy's advice and be a little more careful from then onwards. Afterwards, he winced a little bit. He knew it was his own fault, but bandages sure could hurt.

From her touch, he became aware that the object had once again become mobile, or at least mobile in the sense of violently shaking. He pulled out his wand from his pocket, again annoyed by the pain in his arms. "I would advise staying back, Miss Tweedy." Standing at his feet, and putting his arm in front of her, in a protective manner, something he did if he felt nervous. "Miss Tweedy, do you know how long this...thing has been here?"

He went over things he had studied in his brain...not that one, no, but maybe if it was a mashup of some curses or a few hexes, it could be the right combination. Those yelling objects always seemed tough to remove. He gulped a breath and prodded it with his wand, causing the object to become more violent. "Protect your head, Miss Tweedy!" he said with urgency

Dionisa was slightly annoyed by his response, which was to automatically protect her despite him being the one in need of assistance a moment ago. She knew she was a woman (and by that she meant she was smaller), but that by no means made her weak! Besides, it wasn't like he was tall and large enough to protect her in the event that the thing exploded.

Her breathing quickened as he (for some ungodly reason) decided poking the damned thing was a good idea, and she immediately made an attempt to tug him away, but alas: her reaction time hadn't been quick enough.

"Mr. Banges!" she holler for probably the third or fourth time since she'd started taking care of him. She cowered away from the object, that didn't seem to explode as much as it did make a loud, disruptive noise through the hospital. In fact, it sort of sounded like... "Really? Circus music? Who decided that was a good idea?" she huffed, slightly embarrassed that they'd made all the fuss for what really seemed to be a defective prank item.

Not sensing the annoyance caused, Gerard put his arm down anyway to focus on the spell he wanted to cast, one he hadn't learned in school. "Silencio" And the object was quiet. Thank goodness! Circus music indeed, what an odd prank this must be! "I thin-I hope that it is all we have to deal with now." While circus music could be annoying, it certainly was a lot better than what the thing did before.

He felt a bit odd having jumped into 'action' for this, but he still felt that his knowledge of magical instruments had helped. Gerard liked thinking that way, the way where he was in some form useful.

"I'm sorry about that, Miss Tweedy. I didn't know what it would do." he felt like he should probably have given a more detailed apology, she did seem to be quite worried, and more than a little annoyed. "I apologize if I, um, disturbed you too much" he added on to the end to seem better worded.

Dionisia, while huffing and puffing, did not have any frustration towards him; Mr. Banges was merely doing his job, and she was doing hers. Nevertheless, she'd definitely be sending in a complaint to the healers in charge of the waiting area due to their lacking attentiveness. She wasn't sure an instrument managed to get up there without being seen!

"No need to fret, Mr. Banges. All is well," she sighed, picking herself up and dusting off her robes. "Now tell me: are you in need of anymore medical assistance?" she questioned, a single brow raised.

Gerard shook his head 'no.' Then he remembered that it was more polite to just say "No, but thank you for your help, Miss Tweedy. I'm lucky to have such a competent Mediwitch." His arms still stung a little bit and his robes were a bit messy from the fall and the, well, the blood that had spilled, but he could clean that up himself. He was, after all, rather good at cleaning things up.

"I hope you are quite alright," he added, looking at her. He picked up the ladder that had fallen, making sure that it wasn't damaged from whatever the object or instrument had done to it.

All was well, and a quick glance at the clock atop the check-in station told Dionisia she had places to be and people to tend to (and people who weren't hospital employees, at that).

"If you experience any lingering pain, I advise you to visit the Spell Damage ward for further examination — but for now, I suppose you're free to resume your duties," she explained.

"And there's no need to worry about me; I've handled far worse in my two years here. Good day, Mr. Banges," she said with a dismissive wave as she took her leave.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Lionel Lupin
September 3, 2019 – 8:44 AM
View a Printable Version