Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Let Me Clean
April 21st, 1888

There were two things Woopy hated more than having to cook and clean for a body of unskilled, self-absorbed, and self-entitled school students:

The first; students who wore green clothing.
Woopy had never cared to figure out what the colours of Hogwarts meant though he had figured out the names of each colour. Each year, a colour would win. There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it but, then, one doesn't see what one doesn't look for. He didn't care to remember the names; they were too long anyway. Green, blue, red, and the other one were all he needed to remember.

The second thing Woopy hated more was first year students.
He had good reasoning for this.

Second years and above had typically gotten used to the wonders of Hogwarts (and Woopy considered himself a great marvel of a wonder) and so, ignoring the prodding and poking and general tomfoolery of children finding fun out of making his life literal hell, they typically ignored him and were used to the presence of House Elves.

Most first years, however, had barely seen one - let alone interacted with one - so when it came to a new term, every year, Woopy was overwhelmed with students thinking he was a pet or a friendly being or something that needed studying as if he was part of their Care of Magical Creatures class.

They often learned quickly, though, that this wasn't the case.

Today was no different, it seemed.

Woopy had gone to the Slytherin Common Room on his daily cleaning route and it became quickly apparent that it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience.

It was quiet save for one girl sitting on one of the sofas and he had the perfect idea as to how he could get rid of her. It usually worked. Sometimes.

He moved over to her and stepped on her foot, huffing as he did so; "Move green girl, Woopy is cleaning." The House Elf demanded briskly. He then climbed onto the sofa and stared at her at an uncomfortably close distance to her face.

If this didn't work, nothing would.

There were fewer things more unpleasant than an angry Holly—and there were many things that could make Holly angry. It seemed everyone was intent on making her angry this month, including mindless mudbloods and even the house matron, who'd punished her for participating in class! If she hadn't been so stubborn about wanting her education, she may have professed how better off she would have been home-schooled; at least there she'd be dealing with a well-educated, agreeable governess rather than a bunch of dim, witless people from across the British Isles!

She'd settled on one of the couches in the Slytherin Common Room, finally at peace with her surroundings for the evening, when an darned elf decided to invade her space.

"I shall not move for an elf, thank you very much," she responded indignantly, scrunching her nose in a taunting manner. "Besides, aren't elves meant to work when those they serve aren't around? You're supposed to be invisible to me," she added with a dismissive wave of her hand.

set by MJ <3
This was the precise reason Woopy had come to despise the students at Hogwarts. They were all entitled and seemed to think he was their servant; which of course, he most definitely was not.

Woopy would have been happy were she to leave her words with her seemingly vexed response to moving but, alas, she decided to continue. So he was going to be an annoyance; he dared not harm any wizard or witch - however much they deserved it - but he'd sooner be free than have anyone think he served them and not the school.

"Woopy serves Hogwarts, not green-clothed silly witch who thinks she is better than Woopy." Woopy hissed back, "And Woopy only invisible when you not in class - which you should be. Silly witch think she know it all!"

And, evidently, Woopy did have a job to do whether she wanted to move or not. He moved to stand in front of her and furrowed his brows; he'd already asked nicely (at least, his definition of nice) and now he would have to make her move.

He quickly tilted his head upward and the girl began to float into the air. Woopy took this time to laugh as he conjured his duster and began dusting down where she was sitting.

"Okay silly witch can sit now." He nodded before letting her drop back onto the sofa.

He then turned around and began dusting one of the tables.

Holly was not amused by being moved against her will, and by a house-elf nevertheless! She was so glad there wasn't anyone around to see her get bullied (she'd definitely be speaking to the head of house later) by the low-life, nonhuman servant! Still, with house-elf magic being what it was and the sudden shock, she was incapable of responding until she was seated back on the cushion. Her expression darkened and she shot the creature — Woopy, apparently — a glare.

"It's not class time," she shot defensively as she searched for the wand that was buried somewhere next to her. "I would know; I keep a list," she grunted before finally drawing her wand. She pointed it threateningly towards the creature, but made no attempt to hex him or anything.

"You're not supposed to use magic on students. I'm going to tell," she threatened, brows raised.

set by MJ <3
The girl garnished in green glared grieviously toward the House Elf once he'd returned her to her seat. It was rather galling to Woopy; something that happened far too often here.

Her tone was as ungrateful as most students were and she spoke with a sort of know-it-all attitude that really made Woopy wish he wasn't a servant to this castle.

"Oo, a list!" Woopy exclaimed sarcastically as he moved close to her wand; his nose practically scratching against the wood, "Woopy has a list too!" He jumped backward onto the small table in front of the sofa. Of course, he was referring to his never-ending list of chores.

Her little assumption about using magic on students, though not entirely correct, had some truth to it and for a know-it-all, Woopy was a little confused; he returned her raised brows with raised brows of his own and spoke in a similar manner to which she was speaking a moment ago, "Only if Woopy is hurting you! Cleaning and making you not be annoying and green is okay!" He cackled.

He was in a rather playful mood now and he couldn't help but think as to whether it was her attitude.

"Why you think you such know-it-all? Miss not-so-smart green witch? You small and stupid! Not smart!"

The following 1 user Likes Woopy's post:
   Bella Scrimgeour
The Scrimgeour family London home was by no means large enough to need house-elves, but none of the ones Holly had ever met — whether be it at her extended family's or friend's country estates — had never been so erratic with their mood changes! With furrowed brows, Holly wanted as he bounced onto the table and shrieking at (or was it taunting?) her.

"Small I may be, but I am far from stupid," she responded haughtily. She didn't want to play into his little games; he obviously was trying to make her mad! Though she may have been rude, she wouldn't lose her temper, at least not in a manner that included her striking him with a spell or anything.

"In fact, I don't doubt my brain is larger than yours already, and you're fully-grown," she taunted.

set by MJ <3
Woopy couldn't help but let out an audible ha as the green girl tried to claim she was far from stupid. The elf had to refrain and prevent himself from falling into a fit of laughter.

"Not stupid? Ha! You as stupid as witches are!" Woopy said as he began to jump up and down on the table.

As it turned out, Woopy had found a new hobby in life: calling witches stupid! It was, rather unsurprisingly, quite fun for him.

At her attempt to insult him, Woopy flopped down and sat at the edge of the table; "Woopy think your brain is small," Woopy nodded affirmatively, "They only put stupid witches in the green house."

His efforts to anger her had now gone from "well-made attempts" to "completely unconvincing".

It was as silly as a notion as the house-elf looked; she wasn't immature enough to anger at such a stupid insinuation; everyone knew Slytherins were where the great went. To suggest otherwise was to make oneself look daft!

"I suppose you believe your saviors lie in Hufflepuff, then?" she scoffed with a roll of her eyes.

set by MJ <3
Woopy swore he knew what the word Hufflepuff meant. He'd heard it on more than a few occasions during his long employ but had never really gone out of his way to figure out what it meant.

He knew it was one of the four colours of the school and the people in the school were assigned a colour, like this green girl, but he didn't really know what it meant. So maybe he actually had no clue - and that was fine.

What wasn't fine is this witch claiming his saviours belonged to that Hufflepuff place.

Woopy scoffed and frowned toward the girl. Not wanting to agree with her but not wanting to admit he didn't know what exactly Hufflepuff was (was it the one whose common room always smelled like earth and animals?), Woopy shook his head, "Ha! They are much smarter than you anyway!" 

Woopy then moved from the table and prodded the wand she was still holding, "Why you still have your wand out? You shouldn't be using it outside of class! Silly rule-breaking witch, even Woopy knows you know no spells!"

He taunted back. Whatever the outcome of this charade was, Woopy was absolutely having fun.

Which didn't come often.

[Image: zJZ2PgW.png]
The house-elf, while thoroughly enjoying himself, seemed to have little idea just how daft he was making himself look. Flaunting around the Slytherin common room, insulting her house — she'd known elves were stupid, but not this stupid!

"My use of my wand doesn't concern you. Maybe if your species was smarter, the Ministry might have allowed you one, too," she insulted without a care for his opinion, nor anyone else's who may have been lurking in the shadows. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to continuing my studies — in peace."

set by MJ <3
Woopy shook his head at the witch as she tried to insult his magical ability.  Was she really that dimwitted that she didn't know house-elves didn't need wands?

"Woopy doesn't need a wand to cast magic! Unlike you, he knows he doesn't need wands!" Woopy huffed and moved away from the Slytherin.

As much as he wanted to stay and annoy the girl some more, Woopy had a lot of work to do. He furrowed his brows and made himself invisible without a word.

He couldn't risk bumping into more self-entitled students; why did they all think they were special?

They just looked weird and waved sticks around; that wasn't special at all.

FIN.

View a Printable Version