Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Carson Bixby for Sloane Bixby. You can take the middle-aged man out of quidd—oh, apparently you can't.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

I need your broken promises | Heather's Networking
Open 
Player Name Heather
Contact: Reply Here, PM this account or Discord (Heather#9465)

Andromeda Blaire
21 | UCPB | Slytherin Class of '84 | ✦✦✦✦✦
Debutante
  • Friends! Andy keeps most people at arm's length but generally conducts herself pretty well in public. Anyone that's into reading particular muggle literature or anything in academia outside of Divination/Potions, will likely have something to talk about Andy. Andy isn't one for gossip and tends to be cynical when it comes to what goes through the grapevine. For those that stick around and don't mind her sass and sarcasm, she's generally warm and compassionate it's getting her to admit it that's the problem. She's not the easiest person to get close to but she's generally polite to acquaintances as well.
  • Enemies! There might be a few of this - rivals from school most likely. Anyone that's been on the receiving end of her sass. It really depends on how well others handle her personality though she doesn't actively belittle others though she may say things in the moment she'll later regret due to frustration or something. Admittedly she can short-tempered and a little grumpy as well so terse responses may spout during those times as well.
  • Lovers! As for hurls, Andy is actually realistic about romance despite her love for romance novels that she keeps tucked in a trunk at the foot of her bed. She's lost a good chunk of her naïvety from her teenage years and has become considerably more mature over the years. Her having any sort of elegance is a matter of perspective.  She's not one to respond well to pick up lines (because there are plenty of clever Victorian ones floating around) though they actually kind of amuse her so if a man can make her laugh, they're on the right track. The way to her heart is humor and outwitting her staunch anxiety about how others view her. So basically, getting her to open up and be herself without her realizing her feelings until it's too late.

• Hale MacNamara
    28 | UCPB | Gryffindor Class of '77 | ✦✦✦✦✦
    Gentleman of Leisure
  • Friends! In the public eye, Hale appears to be the perfect gentleman. He's cordial, brave and well mannered. To those that are close to him, they can tell that this is ruse simply for society's sake. For the most part, Hale is very humorous and mischevious with those he calls friends. He's never afraid to be the clown if need be though he's more cunning than he often lets on. Those that go beyond that of an acquaintance will see that behind that charming visage is a drama queen that doesn't take life too seriously daddy says so. He's a great secret keeper (and honestly has quite a few skeletons in his closet himself) and like his father, he is fairly manipulative though he's nowhere near as controlling. Ironically enough, his greatest fear is to become his father though another fear riding on the coattails of that one is being disowned. He's basically his father's bitch for all intents and purposes. He doesn't mind socializing with those of half or muggleborn lineages though, generally in passing, for the sake of appearances, he doesn't associate with the middle or working class. He is not a purist by any means though given his upbringing and his father's influences, he did hold some prejudices in the past.
  • Enemies! Given his upbringing, Hale has no qualms destroying someone socially and his past isn't free of a few tiffs here and there. Unlike his father, however, he prefers to be diplomatic first and is generally a fair businessman. He does have a temper thanks to his Irish roots and he's never really seen eye to eye with his father (who could technically be considered Enemy number one in his life). Hale quite enjoys mind games as well and its one of the few times he can be ruthless. Still, there's an inkling of compassion in him that often makes him feel guilty for his actions and he has made some mistakes in the past, though most could be easily covered up.
  • Lovers! Hale has a lure for the exotic type of gals that aren't usually to societal standard. He loves accents and learning about where there from. He's honestly a bit of a rake and enjoyed being a bachelor until his father made it a point to change all of that. Any past and current distractions are welcome though now that he's put a ring on a girl once they say I do, he'd feel guilty about any sort of tomfoolery with anyone that isn't his wifey. He's a shameless flirt though...
    Hi, Heather! My name's Bree and welcome to Charming! I have a few options to get you started <3
      Violetta Lestrange was a Slytherin in the year above her and is also UCPB! She's an only child and assumed heiress, yet has still managed to have zero luck in the marriage department (probably because I suck, but shhhh :P)

My hurlable UCPB gentleman are Albert Pettigrew and Mathias Beaumont! Neither are notably humorous, with the former being notable for having no sense of humor. Mathias is a romantic at heart but is also my one character with notable racial prejudices so, uh, yeah. I'm down for any attempts, though :P

Bella Scrimgeour is interested in three areas of academia, two of which are Potions and Divination. Buuuut, she's also a frequent topic of conversation in the tabloid Witch Weekly and is generally considered a society menace because of her #PoorChoices. She's an UCPB and graduated in 1887 as a Gryffindor!

If you're down for hurling outside the UCPB circles, I have Cornelius Sherington III, the eldest son of a muggle Earl. He has some issues balancing life between the muggle-magical world, but is definitely in need of things!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Bella Scrimgeour's post:
       Andromeda Blaire

bee made me this set and i love it
    Post Log
    Hey Heather! Welcome to Charming!

So I have 2 (I'll throw in a third bc who doesn't love house elves) characters who could potentially have some interaction.

Argus Scrimgeour - I feel Argus likely is acquaintances with her father depending on Craig's social circles. He's got a notable prejudice against a lot of things and is very hard to get along with (even his own children struggle). It'd be interesting to see these two interact, as I feel Argus would likely bring out her sass and he just isn't down for any woman acting ~out of place.

Thomas Tilcott - This dude is my Quidditch player and is useless at all things but Quidditch. Potential hurl but also he'd find her accent (assuming she has one) beyond fascinating. He'd have questions and also would want to obnoxiously impress her with Quidditch skills. Though he gets flustered around women very quickly and he tends to inadvertently become some weird moron who fumbles on every sentence. These two could be fun to thread.

And finally...

Woopy - He's a grumpy house elf that works at Hogwarts though likely escapes to Hogsmeade quite a lot if to do nothing more than curse at people and complain. Don't have any ideas but he's a house elf so I mean why not
    Hey Bree, thanks for the welcome! c:

For Violetta & Andy - Andy would probably enjoy talking to her because of her interest in research. Her parents aren't really supportive of her academic interests (or at least her mother isn't) so having someone to discuss with that's also a peer would be fun. Lately Andy has mostly been interested in literature and any studies she can get away with so if anything, Andy could've come across a book about Ancient Runes and would make an inquiry to Violetta on the subject/specific civilization?

For Bella and Andy - Andy's mother would probably be disappointed if Andy associated with Bella which is another reason why Andy would. She'd be very interest in Bella's experience at Witch Weekly and want to know how she could get into it herself and write. I figure they might have known each other briefly at Hogwarts? Acquaintance if anything.

Andy's family isn't blood purist (outside of her mother's side but her mother doesn't share the same sentiments) so she wouldn't bat an eyelash at gentlemen that aren't pureblood. So a thread with either would be fine. I think Mathias would likely bring out her sass and she'd probably try to figure out why Albert is serious. As for Cornelius, I think she'd admire his adventurous side and probably curious enough to try and figure him out.  

Hello to you as well Jon and thank you ^^

For Argus and Andy - Oh, yeah she'd have a lot to say to him. She'd tried to be polite because he is technically her society superior but she'd also not be a pushover. Craig is pretty easy-going and social and would generally stay within the UCPB crowd so I agree that they would likely be acquaintances. Honestly, Craig is a bit of a chatty Cathy and will talk about anything if he can get away with it so I imagine he's likely said likely inane things that have circulated.

For Thomas and Andy - She does actually, she never took on the Scottish one given her time in America and for the most part, was influenced by her mother when it came to her speech patterns - so fairly clear and soft for the most part unless she gets upset. I don't think she'd hold his flusteredness against him and would probably be rather confused by it. Andy is a fan of Quidditch as well so she'd be receptive to his attempts to impress her though she'd be realistic enough in her response given the degree of arrogance he's portraying. She'd still be polite, though.

For Woopy and Andy - Haha, I like him already. I feel like Andy would sass him but mostly because he's amusing and she'd probably enjoy talking to him. She's probably poked at him at Hogwarts too. Poor elf.
    Argus: sweet! So im more than happy to see how they interact at a social engagement or something. Tea at Argus house likely or something. Argus would use it as an excuse to try get Julius Scrimgeour to ~woo Andy (though that's entirely down to nichole lol). He also would 100% just be an ass so that'll be fun!

Also he hates his daughter, @'Anabelle Scrimgeour' with a burning passion so use that info how you please!

Thomas - Yeah I see Thomas being infatuated with her accent. He'd talk a lot about Quidditch because it's literally all he has going for him - especially if she shows interest. They could have known each other VERY briefly at Hogwarts though it's unlikely. He'd think she was great and could be friends if he saw her sass tbh because he's a ~bro.

Woopy - yes yes yes yes. He has good memory and will have zero issue walking up to her in a street and shouting at her!

I'm down for any threads you wanna if you are!
    (April 18, 2018 – 3:51 AM)Andromeda Blaire Wrote: Hey Bree, thanks for the welcome! c:

For Violetta & Andy - Andy would probably enjoy talking to her because of her interest in research. Her parents aren't really supportive of her academic interests (or at least her mother isn't) so having someone to discuss with that's also a peer would be fun. Lately Andy has mostly been interested in literature and any studies she can get away with so if anything, Andy could've come across a book about Ancient Runes and would make an inquiry to Violetta on the subject/specific civilization?

For Bella and Andy - Andy's mother would probably be disappointed if Andy associated with Bella which is another reason why Andy would. She'd be very interest in Bella's experience at Witch Weekly and want to know how she could get into it herself and write. I figure they might have known each other briefly at Hogwarts? Acquaintance if anything.

Andy's family isn't blood purist (outside of her mother's side but her mother doesn't share the same sentiments) so she wouldn't bat an eyelash at gentlemen that aren't pureblood. So a thread with either would be fine. I think Mathias would likely bring out her sass and she'd probably try to figure out why Albert is serious. As for Cornelius, I think she'd admire his adventurous side and probably curious enough to try and figure him out.  

Violetta — She is very into research, and I think it would be great if she had a friend who had similar interest as herself. It just so happens that she's lacking in all the things, so I'd love a thread between them if you're down!

Bella — Haha, Bella doesn't work for Witch Weekly god help her; she's a victim of their scandal-hunting and has rumors published about her all the time! In short, she probably rants about their slanderous antics all the time and despises them. Still, I'm always down for Bella knowing people because there are many days where Bella demands all of my attention. Their acquaintanceship would likely be a new one, if only because Bella was very shy while at school and dismissed most UCPB girls (even her own cousin who was in her year) as friends!

The Menfolk — I get the impression sometimes that sass is Mathias' type. We could see where that goes! The same goes for Albert and Cornelius, but not all at once. If you're interested in a specific one, lemme know <33

Have you heard about our goddess and savior, MJ?
    Post Log
    For Argus and Andy - Sass over tea is always the best. But yeah, if Nichole is down for it, it sounds like fun! Andy will probably have nice things to say about Bella if she's brought up. Even if they're not really friends, she has nothing against her.

For Thomas and Andy - Haha, her sass tends to come out when she's amused and playing along or in response to something she disagrees with so it's entirely possible for him to witness it if you'd like.

For Woopy and Andy - xD Shouting. Andy will be surprised/amused to see him and would probably have some cheeky answers.

I'm totally down for all threads. Would you like to start one and I can take care of the others? I don't mind writing up starters.

For Violetta and Andy - I'm totally down! They could meet for tea? Either something they decided or their mothers could've thought it was a good idea, maybe?

For Bella and Andy - Oops, sorry about that. Andy likes dissecting Witch Weekly if that counts as liking in because she's really into writing and likes to see if they got their facts straight they hardly do but she gets to play detective so it's fun for her. But yeah I'm cool with them knowing each other as new acquaintances! If you're down for a thread between them, they could possibly bump into each other and Andy could be like "hey...can I hear your side of the story?" because Andy is a nosy human being like that.

For Menfolk and Andy - I'm down for a thread with either one. We could try Mathias first?

I'm down for threads for either of your characters ^^ I don't mind starting either.
    Sweet. I'm at work for the next 9 hours so I'll try get a starter written for Argus whilst at work, otherwise it will be after - if you wanna do the other two? I have so many posts to do haha.

I'm excited!
    Definitely! I have a couple I'm working on for Hawke before I head to bed but once I'm on tomorrow I can get the one for Thomas and Whoopy started! ^^
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Andromeda Blaire's post:
       Woopy
    ACQUAINTANCES+:
    She and Tatiana Lestrange would have been at Hogwarts and at PSYR at the same time. I don’t think Tatty would love her enough for them to be friends, but would certainly find her amusing enough to at least be friendly. tbf Tatty doesn’t love anyone enough to be friends

She also would have overlapped at Pendergast’s with Hannah Pettigrew. Looking at just personalities, they would have gotten on, though Hannah’s father was revealed to be a massive freaking criminal in ’85 causing most of society to drop her, and then she’s been a bit of a recluse this year #so

Though Evelyn Abercrombie didn’t run PSYR until after Andy left, she inherited it from her mother, and while her mother had the reins, helped out as a chaperone and was generally at least ~present, so they would absolutely be acquainted.

HURLING:
    Aldous Crouch is my lone upper class, pureblooded bachelor. They’d probably be a massive flop, but we can give ‘em a go anyways if you like xD

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by mj ❤ —
    (April 18, 2018 – 9:29 AM)Andromeda Blaire Wrote: For Violetta and Andy - I'm totally down! They could meet for tea? Either something they decided or their mothers could've thought it was a good idea, maybe?

For Bella and Andy - Oops, sorry about that. Andy likes dissecting Witch Weekly if that counts as liking in because she's really into writing and likes to see if they got their facts straight they hardly do but she gets to play detective so it's fun for her. But yeah I'm cool with them knowing each other as new acquaintances! If you're down for a thread between them, they could possibly bump into each other and Andy could be like "hey...can I hear your side of the story?" because Andy is a nosy human being like that.

For Menfolk and Andy - I'm down for a thread with either one. We could try Mathias first?

I'm down for threads for either of your characters ^^ I don't mind starting either.

How about Mathias/Andy and Violetta/Andy first? I have a lot of Bella threads and needs to wrap some of those pronto, but then we can tackle whatever relationship comes between her and Andy xD

I can start Violetta if you can start with Mathias? <3

bee made me this set and i love it
    Post Log
    Hi Heather, so Andromeda may know ucpb Lucille Flint who is a nineteen year old deb, since they are in a similar social set they may know a bit of each other. Lucy loves romance novels and daydreaming and isn't exactly the most sensible deb out there.

As for hurls, Percival Adlard Jr. Is always open. His sister, Felicity Adlard is Andromedas age so there is a chance for their paths to cross. Rufus Bixby is about two years older than her so she might have heard of him but he's solidly mc so I'm not sure theyd have a ton of interaction.

[Image: pJDOHc.jpg]
    Sorry for the lateness of this! Anyway...

For Acquaintances + and Andy - I'm down for any threads with them. I think she'd mostly prefer the presence of Hannah and Evelyn but any interactions with Tatiana would probably be amusing too. I think she would probably worry about Hannah and attempt to visit when it was appropriate especially after the fallout involving her father. Her mother wouldn't have approved but she generally dislikes what Andy does most of the time anyway. Since Evelyn was a chaperone prior to taking over PSYR, she's likely seen Andy's sass so it could be fun to thread their relationship now and see how they handle each other in conversation? As for Tatiana, I feel like Andy wouldn't know what to make of her since she seems to be the poster child of a debutante but perhaps a bit detached but I do think she'd enjoy making conversation with her, probably some sort of respect on her side that Tatiana can actually keep up with her in conversation.

For Aldous and Andy - I'm down for seeing what happens, even if it ends up as a dumpster fire xD that's part of the fun.

For Bree's Character and Andy - I'm totally down for that. I'll work on a starter for Mathias soon!

For Lucy and Andy - I think Andy would actually adore Lucy and wouldn't mind discussing romance novels with her if she would be down for that. Given that she isn't the most sensible, Andy definitely would try to play a big sister type role though some might say she's just a tad bossy and attempt to keep an eye out for her.

For Percival and Andy - I can definitely see Andy enjoying Felicity's company so they could definitely meet that way. I wouldn't mind seeing how they'd interact. She'd likely be curious about his job.

For Rufus and Andy - I don't see much interaction either but she does like Quidditch and would probably mostly talk about that and congratulate Puddlemere on their win if they made an acquaintance.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Andromeda Blaire's post:
       Aldous Crouch
    I love the Lucy Andy idea. Perhaps they met in school? Or knew of each other in this upper class world they live in. In any case, would you want a thread?

Felicity is actually played by Hawke but she is a huge matchmaker so if we wanted I'm sure Hawke could be talked into introducing the two at an event. Oooor we can just have Percy run into her somewhere.

[Image: pJDOHc.jpg]
    (April 20, 2018 – 5:30 AM)Andromeda Blaire Wrote: For Acquaintances + and Andy - I'm down for any threads with them. I think she'd mostly prefer the presence of Hannah and Evelyn but any interactions with Tatiana would probably be amusing too. I think she would probably worry about Hannah and attempt to visit when it was appropriate especially after the fallout involving her father. Her mother wouldn't have approved but she generally dislikes what Andy does most of the time anyway. Since Evelyn was a chaperone prior to taking over PSYR, she's likely seen Andy's sass so it could be fun to thread their relationship now and see how they handle each other in conversation? As for Tatiana, I feel like Andy wouldn't know what to make of her since she seems to be the poster child of a debutante but perhaps a bit detached but I do think she'd enjoy making conversation with her, probably some sort of respect on her side that Tatiana can actually keep up with her in conversation.

For Aldous and Andy - I'm down for seeing what happens, even if it ends up as a dumpster fire xD that's part of the fun.

Re: Aldous and Andy:
    Maybe wait until the May calendar is up and grab a social function for them at one of those events? At the very least, there's the Hogwarts COB at the end of the month, but I'd wager there's something earlier on, too!

Actually ditto that for everyone, unless you want a "gurl where are you" letter/thread with Andy and Hannah! :)

#PrettiesByMJ
    Hi heather!

Ginevra Blackwood - same year, also UCPB, different houses, Ginny is a socialite, runs a lot of society events and is 'the face' for the Quidditch team her father sponsers. Ginny is vivacious, outgoing, and presuming Andy could get over her Gryffy features they could be buddies

Natsuko Mountbatton - very intelligent Japanese heiress, Suki is witty, compassionate and generally sweet natured.

Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest - I'm not sure how they would get along, because Gwen is a super snob, she really thinks purebloods sort of want to be nobility but arnt and are sort of delusional.

These are my only real UC characters who are ladies. I have Benevolence who is a MCPB who owns a chain of flower shops

[Image: 9yupVVd.jpg]
    MJ is queen

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open These Broken Characters (Kelly Networking) Acacia Ruskin 2 434 June 16, 2018 – 11:32 PM
    Last Post: Acacia Ruskin