Chat
Cbox
Charming
Did you know?

Victorians could hire 'professional mourners' to attend their loved one's funeral. These people would partake in the procession and were not allowed to speak, just look awfully sad! — Rune

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Kristoffer was going to be great at this, because he was great at everything. Also his memory was greater than everyone else's, because he bet no one else had ever lost their virginity somewhere exotic like Morocco. Hell, he bet no one else had even lost their virginity. Inexperienced losers.

Kristoffer Lestrange in Shining, Shimmering Splendour

— Nominate a quote —
Migration Stamp

Survive a forum move! Claim by linking to one post prior to the move, and one post after the move. They can be no more than one month apart.

<
>

Bohemian Girl
Private 
March 30th, 1888 — The Miracle Of Sound Music School and Shop
Damen Thornton
With the Easter holidays in swing, Hope had been brought home so that she could spend it with her family. At the moment though, they were doing a bit of shopping in London with plans to spend the day there. The blondes birthday was also coming up though that would be spent back at Hogwarts which meant that today, she was also instructed to see if there was nothing she might want as a gift. So far, Hope hadn't found much that she felt inclined to ask for. She wasn't particularly picky when it came to such things.

As her mother and her walked down the London street, Hope heard a musical sound that was unfamiliar to her. It wasn't like anything she had heard before so of course her curiosity was prickled. With her mother alongside her, Hope stepped into a musical shop as she tried to find the source of the music.

Set by MJ!
Damen glanced up, wrapping the piece before setting the beautiful light blue porcelain 0carina on the shelf beside him, he then stood and bowed respectfully to the two women. "Good morning, how may I help the two of you?" From their clothing and bearing he could tell they were upper class, by their looks mother and daughter, and by the girls face he knew it was the music itself that drew their attention. More specifically of the young lady. His piercing amethyst eyes seemed to cut the distance as he studied them politely.
Discovering the source of the music, Hope could definitely say that she didn't immediately recognize the instrument that the man had been playing. Ah, she had seen a picture of it during music class at school once but it wasn't an instrument that they'd had available. "I was just curious about what that music was," Hope replied when the gentleman that had been playing the instrument asked how he might be of help. "I've seen pictures of it but I don't think I know what that instrument is."

Set by MJ!
"I see, well certainly come in out of the cold." He pulls down the ocarina and cleans it with a flick of his wand and sets it on a piece of velvet next to the register. "This is a fine piece, my personal Ocarina that I was give during a trip to Italy where I learned to play it. As far as I know I am the only store in the United Kingdom that carries let alone teaches how to play them. There are many styles, each suited to producing a wide range of notes. What would you like to know about it?"
Hopes mother seemed content to let Hope make her own inquiries about the newest thing to interest the blonde. Or was a little freaked out by the mans eyes. Hope also found them odd but the man seemed safe enough to her. Besides, her mother was there too with her father somewhere in the other shops. Hope listened as the man spoke about the instrument. "An ocarina? How interesting! Is it difficult to learn?"

Set by MJ!
"It depends on the individual. As with all instruments, I am in fact a teacher of music, I offer lessons both here, and home visits. Regardless of class, the first lesson is always free. If your mother were to allow and you had the interest lessons are an hour, though no fee if longer. I could show you the basics right now, Miss.?" He trailed off politely.
"Oh, I'm Miss Hope Crawford!" She offered when the man prompted her for her name. "Im a Hogwarts student and will be debuting this year so I don't know if I'll have the time for lessons." Which was disappointing really because she was definitely interested in learning the odd instrument. "Id love to know the basics, though!"

Set by MJ!
"Well Miss Crawford, it would be wise to ask you mother firstly if you may have the free lesson. I also have a few in stock, as well as a basic and intermediate textbook I have written for sale. Useful if you have free time but no time for lessons."
"Oh, she'll allow it! My birthday is coming up in April and I was told to select a birthday gift and I think an Ocarina shall be it." Hope turned to her mother for confirmation which the older woman gave. "The textbooks would prove most useful while I'm back at Hogwarts."

Set by MJ!
Damen chuckles at that, "Mine is as well. Follow me, both of you please." He said, grabbing a second ocarina from the glass counter, this one crimson, and firsts flips a second sign stating he is in lessons and flips the lock. (Only locks from the outside not inside.) He then leads them to the small auditorium and gestures for Miss Crawford to sit opposite him once he sets two stools facing each other, and summons a chair for her mother. Next he summons a small tables and a tea set and plate of small cookies for his guest.