Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Last and probably least ——— Té's Networking
HI Smile
I'm Té and I am apologizing in advance for not being great at networking but I'm gonna try because my characters need things.
Contact me here or ask for my skype! (Here is probably better, tbh so I can keep things all nice 'n neat.)

Note: I despise bump into each other and chat threads because I am terrible at chit chat IRL. Variety is the spice of life! Give me angst, give me irony or at the very least, let me thoroughly humiliate my characters! If you're requesting a thread, let's brainstorm some fun ideas! Otherwise, if you're good for me to just namedrop in posts where needed, I'm good with that too. Smile

[Image: original.gif]

Declan Wood
Hogsmeade Howlers Chaser (1st String) | WCHB | Slytherin OWLs of '85 | 7 Rep

Declan is rough and tumble, outgoing, ambitious, sarcastic, has terrible manners and has grown very fond of female company. He likes to paint magical portraits. (My headcanon that Sir Cadogen at Hogwarts was his doing in one of his art classes.) He'd attempted to sell portraits to the upper class but since he didn't get much earnings from that, he hit puberty and turned to painting nudes of them instead. He does it secretly and sells it under a fake identity. Typically, he uses a girl for a model and then will scout around Hogsmeade/London for UC faces to paint that would fit the body he has painted. He pays the models and keeps their identities secret. He has a teeny tiny flat in the slums that he rents hourly for his painting sessions. (Plottage for Nudes here!)

His current relationship needs are:

Friends: Slytherin most likely but other houses are fine, probably WC/MC, male or female and are more laid-back and of the non-judgemental variety, rep # doesn't matter to him. He ran around with a rag tag group of mischief makers at Hogwarts. I'd like him to still be able to hang out with some of them, get up to some harmless fun, flirt, drink a bit, have quidditch skirmishes, etc.

New and Old~ Teammates: He just transferred to the Hogsmeade Howlers this year ('88) from the Chudley Cannons due to his missing a ton of goals in the finals against Puddlemere. He was dropped from the Cannons and picked up by the Howlers in the same day. He also found a purse of leprechaun gold at the Celtic Festival in March and used it to outfit the Howlers with weatherpoof team robes and dragonhide gloves from QQS. He has not told anyone that Thom Pettigrew is now after him for the real money. So yes! New teammates who have feelings~ about him whether friendly, skeptical, dislike, etc. and old teammates who are bitter and blame him or are still friendly, etc.

Flirts: Roughly around his age, females, likely WC, possibly MC and even rarer would be UC but he did have a flirtation two summers ago with a girl. I have a hope that he falls for an UC girl and there's a star-crossed lovers plot that plays out but I don't pre-plot romance, so that would be a long-time coming. We'd have to see how the chemistry plays out.

Family: He has a mom and sisters that can be adopted and most have plots waiting for them. :D

[Image: tumblr_m3vecqCVep1r9krsi.gif]

Barnabas Skeeter
Head of Dueling Commission Office | MCHB | Slytherin Class of '77 | 8 Rep

Barnabas is a know-it-all, judgmental, ambitious, hot tempered, a suck up, horribly traditional, competitive and insecure over his size. Read up on his reputation tab in his profile to get caught up on his very public sexist ways. He has a love-hate relationship with Witch Weekly. Oh, and he has one leg because a troll ate the other one.

Friends: Lbr, Barney's friends are only his friends because they like to make fun of him and help him make poor decisions like getting a tattoo on his ass or they are also as insufferable asshats like himself. He needs men to hang out with though. MC/UC gents. Reps no lower than a 7.

Dislike: Basically the entire population but characters who dislike him for personal reasons are also A++.

Hurls: THIS BOY NEEDS HURLS. He has a specific list which is: preferably brunette, shorter than him (he's 5 ft. 3 in.) this is a dealbreaker, MC, and respectable with no notion of working once she's wed and is good with attending social functions to keep himself in the public eye once elections for Minister run again. My specifications are the opposite when it comes to personality - what he wants in a wife is a mouse, what attracts him and drives him batty is a girl who opposes him at every turn, is independent, a spitfire, likely marches to the beat of her own drum and terrifies him. He's had a courtship that crashed and burned and is now getting pretty desperate to settle down and put that behind him.

He also has a Lonely Plot over here!

[Image: 7de41bc4aebdc7b01ce706c1816393aa.gif]

Elsbeth Lupin (nee Echelon-Arnost)
Hot Mess Housewife | UC #SecretSquib of Pureblood Lineage  | "Privately Tutored Abroad" | 5 Rep

Elsbeth is dramatic, bitter, incredibly jealous and possessive, competitive, vain and proud, ignorant, selfish and often manipulative. She can hold a grudge for an infinite amount of time. Her morals are horribly skewed and it has become difficult for her to determine what is right and what is wrong. She clutches to magic desperately simply because she cannot have it no matter what she tries and has recently become obsessed with reading tea leaves and has a #feminism streak that she hasn't quite realized yet.

Her current relationship needs are:

High Society Friends: These would be strictly UCPB women of 7+ reps that she wants to be seen in public (such as The Painted Lady) with so that she looks important~.

Scandalous Friends: These are UCAB women with mid to lower reps like herself (or who don't care about lower reps) that get day drunk, flirt shamelessly, have seances, not-quite trashy parties and are full of drama, nipple piercings and scandalous secrets~. She would hang out with these women in their homes via floo or less public places.

Hurls: Aside from her lady's maids (ONE IS ADOPTABLE FRIENDS), she needs hurls! She enjoys sleeping around and so long as the person is attractive, she's all for it. She tries to be discreet since she's married and people use floo directly to her bedchambers BUT only when her husband is away on business trips (which is often.) Beware - she's had the clap and it's made her sterile. She has since been treated for it but there's a chance she could catch something again. UC affairs, MC flings or WC one-timers are all possible. They at least need to have some chemistry. Intelligent conversation is a no-go since she really isn't very intelligent.

Feminists: I need people to introduce her into politics and women's rights! She believes women should not be treated as if their sole purpose is to get married and have babies. I don't know if she'd become an activist at all, but it could be an interesting development for her.

Divination Peeps: Fellow tea-leaf reading enthusiasts, seers, etc. Tell her her future or gasp at readings!

In-Laws: I know there's lots of Lupins running around, let's figure out how they feel about each other.

Disclaimer: Interacting with Elsbeth in a public setting could negatively affect your character's reputation!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Prudence Browne
Fifth Year Gryffindor | MCPB  | Gryffindor Class of '90 | 7 Rep

Pru is spontaneous, independent, adventurous, and social-norms take a back seat to her ideas. She loves quidditch and her current dreams are to one day play for the Holyhead Harpies, even though she just made the team as a seeker this year (she wanted to be a beater.)

Her current relationship needs are:

Friends: 4th-7th years, any house and blood, probably MC but she'd be personally fine with UC or WC, any gender. Would need to be accepting of her independence and tendency to go against the grain. She's a terrible student so those who suffer with her or force her to do her homework would be nice. She's pretty social so would spend the majority of her time either hanging out with them or at quidditch practice.

Dislikes: There are plenty of people who would dislike her because of her unwillingness to settle into what society says is "her place." Bullies needed!

Housemates/Classmates: WE LIVE TOGETHER YO. Hogwarts is a small school, everyone probably at least knows of each other. What does your character think of Pru? In turn, I can figure out what she thinks of them.

Family: Uh.. we are family and it'd be nice to figure out relationship specifics. xD

She currently has zero interest in romance or marriage of any sort.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Finlay Connolly
Magical Bugs Healer @ Hogsmeade Hospital | MCHB  | Gryffindor Class of '80 | 6 Rep

Fin is a dork but doesn't realize it, sweet, forever a romantic, scatter-brained, mild-mannered, and chivalry ain’t dead. He is emotionally needy and attaches himself to any woman who is of the appropriate age/class and is nice to him. He fancies himself in love with one girl at a time until she either makes it clear she is not interested or gets herself hitched. He’s heartbroken for a few weeks before he finds the next girl who is “the one.” His family has taken to never taking him seriously, declaring him a dreamer. He isn't great at his job and has a passion for herbology. He cultivates the greenhouse he’s started up at home. He has enough to be able to open a florist shop but fears his family’s reaction to going against the grain Maeve-style and instead keeps it firmly in the hobby category.

Friends: Likely from Hogwarts but also from work, MCAB. Probably have stronger personalities to oppose his wishy-washy ways. Males preferably. Females, see below.

Past Crushes: MCAB, hurlable at one time, 22-30, female, smiled at him once. J/k she could have been nice to him more than once but all it would take is a smile. Basically just need a list of names of women he would have come into contact with since he's super flighty but are now no longer available because they are married. She is likely 99% unaware that he'd had any feelings toward her whatsoever.

Coworkers: He's not great at his job. Bosses, coworkers, etc.

Herbology enthusiasts: He needs fellow greenhouse friends to geek out with.

Family: Let's figure out how they feel about each other!

Holding off on hurls for now but he may be available for them in the future.

The following 1 user Likes Declan Wood's post:
   Aldous Crouch
Maeve Connolly loves her little brother to bits, picks on him relentlessly, etc. The usual. Probably still sees him as a "baby" even though he's a year younger than her. More likely just pretends to to irritate him xP

@"Odira Potter" and Prue depend on how much effort Prue would have put in when Odira came back! At very least, "friendly-but-don't-really-interact". Also for Prue, Madeline Bell who might look up to her (tall, pretty quidditch player is Maddy's #goals)

Blythe Fairchild (ish), Rebecca Grey, Maeve Connolly (HAH), @"Odira Potter" (maybeish), Virginia Carmichael, Elinor Goyle (ish), and @"Tatiana Lestrange" are my hurlable ladies. It's a sad roster, but a roster nonetheless. Do with that what you will!

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Declan Wood

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Ernie Nuffer could be a potential friend for Declan come... summer? Or over Hogsmeade weekends? Currently, even, if he would have been inclined to befriend younger students. He's probably going to drop out following his OWLs, so yeah.

Finnian Byrne is here for cousin shenanigans for Finlay! I also have @"Dionisia Tweedy" who works at the hospital with him, but I'm not sure if she'd fit with anything (unless you have ideas?). My resident herbology geek is Bella Scrimgeour.

For Pru, I obviously have team-mate Handsome Whitledge. Flora Halliday is also a MCHB fifth year!

All of my adult ladies are technically hurlable, but some are more available than others. Tessa Darrow or @"Helga Scamander" might work for Barney hurling, do with that what you like.

MJ is MAGICAL
For Declan
@"Magdalena Backus" was WC and a few years older than him but essentially ran the front end of the Backus Family Bakery on High Street and will do so until the beginning of May. So.. if he went to get stuff there, he'd know her. She's pretty and blonde. but now off the market
Raymond Beasley is older but WC and likes to box. He's one of the revs. He's hard to get along with at first but is one of the BEST FRIENDS a person could have. He could.. I dunno, teach Declan to box or something?
Emmeline Woodcroft could have good potential for flirtations during the summer. Could be quite the summer fling of sorts maybe. She'll be 18 at the end of the year but had a late bday so she has one more year of school but so they should have been at school together for some time. I think? I suck at math.

For Barney
Una Walsh could be hurls! She was on the front page of the WW where he got referenced about how bad Americans are for everyone. She's not brunette but she IS shorter than him by an inch. though she's a metamorph so she could be brunette She will not give up her job though so.. maybe not. But it could be fun drama in the meantimes?!

For Elsbeth
Phoebe Yaxley could be a frenemy of sorts. She probably wouldn't chat with her in overly public areas if possible however, she's a bad wife by way of sleeping around so they have that in common. I can picture her being catty with Elsbeth or takling about the best dudes to sneak off with or something.
Louisa Lupin doesn't like Elsbeth plain and simple. She thinks Leon could have done MUCH better and probably says things quite snarkily to her about it all.

And.. that's all I can think of right now.

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
(April 16, 2018 – 1:20 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  Maeve Connolly loves her little brother to bits, picks on him relentlessly, etc. The usual. Probably still sees him as a "baby" even though he's a year younger than her. More likely just pretends to to irritate him xP

@"Odira Potter" and Prue depend on how much effort Prue would have put in when Odira came back! At very least, "friendly-but-don't-really-interact". Also for Prue, Madeline Bell who might look up to her (tall, pretty quidditch player is Maddy's #goals)

Blythe Fairchild (ish), Rebecca Grey, Maeve Connolly (HAH), @"Odira Potter" (maybeish), Virginia Carmichael, Elinor Goyle (ish), and @"Tatiana Lestrange" are my hurlable ladies. It's a sad roster, but a roster nonetheless. Do with that what you will!

@Kayte:

Maeve + Fin — Yes, perfect! He's probably trying to prove himself capable and not a baby but failing at everything anyway. xD

Odira + Pru — I think Pru would have avoided her except for politeness and how are you doings, do you need help with that, just because she has no idea how to handle the situation.

Madeline — Adorable!

Hurlables — I wouldn't mind another Becky/Declan thread post dramatic non-rescue thread. xD Elsbeth says she would hurl August at Tatiana (probably both to August and Tatiana's dislike).

(April 16, 2018 – 1:41 PM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote:  Ernie Nuffer could be a potential friend for Declan come... summer? Or over Hogsmeade weekends? Currently, even, if he would have been inclined to befriend younger students. He's probably going to drop out following his OWLs, so yeah.

Finnian Byrne is here for cousin shenanigans for Finlay! I also have @"Dionisia Tweedy" who works at the hospital with him, but I'm not sure if she'd fit with anything (unless you have ideas?). My resident herbology geek is Bella Scrimgeour.

For Pru, I obviously have team-mate Handsome Whitledge. Flora Halliday is also a MCHB fifth year!

All of my adult ladies are technically hurlable, but some are more available than others. Tessa Darrow or @"Helga Scamander" might work for Barney hurling, do with that what you like.

@Bree:
Declan + Ernie — Definitely friends, which could have started in Ernie's first year since Declan did rub shoulders with younger students. They have enough in common with quidditch and personalities and such that I think they'd get on well. I can see them hanging out over the summers/Hogsmeade weekends.

Fin + Fin — Cousin shenanigans!!! I'm at a loss for thread ideas for them atm, so hit me up if you think of something!

Dionysia + Declan — I realize you tossed her out for Fin but I think she and Declan would be friends! They were together at Hogwarts for a bit, both have experience with being cast out by muggles and both left school after their OWLs.

Bella + Fin — I'm not sure that Fin and Bella would know each other but he def needs herbology friends!

Pru + Flora — Friends for sure! Would Flora be the one who pushes her to get homework done? I foresee study sessions in the library with Pru getting distracted by things and Flora reminding her to stay on task.

Tessa + Barney — I think she meets most of his requirements! We should hurl 'em.

Helga + Barney — She's a bit young, so if it doesn't fly with Tessa we could try hurling these two?

(April 16, 2018 – 8:16 PM)Fortuna Lockhart Wrote:  For Declan
@"Magdalena Backus" was WC and a few years older than him but essentially ran the front end of the Backus Family Bakery on High Street and will do so until the beginning of May. So.. if he went to get stuff there, he'd know her. She's pretty and blonde. but now off the market
Raymond Beasley is older but WC and likes to box. He's one of the revs. He's hard to get along with at first but is one of the BEST FRIENDS a person could have. He could.. I dunno, teach Declan to box or something?
Emmeline Woodcroft could have good potential for flirtations during the summer. Could be quite the summer fling of sorts maybe. She'll be 18 at the end of the year but had a late bday so she has one more year of school but so they should have been at school together for some time. I think? I suck at math.

For Barney
Una Walsh could be hurls! She was on the front page of the WW where he got referenced about how bad Americans are for everyone. She's not brunette but she IS shorter than him by an inch. though she's a metamorph so she could be brunette She will not give up her job though so.. maybe not. But it could be fun drama in the meantimes?!

For Elsbeth
Phoebe Yaxley could be a frenemy of sorts. She probably wouldn't chat with her in overly public areas if possible however, she's a bad wife by way of sleeping around so they have that in common. I can picture her being catty with Elsbeth or takling about the best dudes to sneak off with or something.
Louisa Lupin doesn't like Elsbeth plain and simple. She thinks Leon could have done MUCH better and probably says things quite snarkily to her about it all.

And.. that's all I can think of right now.

@Hawke
Declan + Magdalena — Acquaintances/friendly! He probably flirts with her but it's innocent enough.

Raymond + Declan — I could definitely see Declan getting into boxing. I'm not sure how they'd meet though... I'll have to think on it. He'd likely look up to him a bit since he's so much older but still cool~

Emmeline + Declan — Flirtation for sure! I'd think they already know each other - were friendly when he was in Hogwarts even - and maybe reconnect over the summer?

Una + Barney — Ooooh does she work at the zoo?! If so she works with his former love Amelia Evans which could be fun for the extra drama. Definitely a hurl!

Phoebe + Elsbeth — Private parties only, gotcha. ;D Frenemies works for me!

Louisa + Elsbeth — Elsbeth wouldn't like her in return so would be snarky back, but obviously less clever about it. xD We should thread them soon! I was waiting to thread them until I knew what was going on in Elsbeth's thread with Leon but that's on hold with Bee being absent, so I'll just be vague about it.

(April 20, 2018 – 2:06 AM)Declan Wood Wrote:  @Bree:
Declan + Ernie — Definitely friends, which could have started in Ernie's first year since Declan did rub shoulders with younger students. They have enough in common with quidditch and personalities and such that I think they'd get on well. I can see them hanging out over the summers/Hogsmeade weekends.

Fin + Fin — Cousin shenanigans!!! I'm at a loss for thread ideas for them atm, so hit me up if you think of something!

Dionysia + Declan — I realize you tossed her out for Fin but I think she and Declan would be friends! They were together at Hogwarts for a bit, both have experience with being cast out by muggles and both left school after their OWLs.

Bella + Fin — I'm not sure that Fin and Bella would know each other but he def needs herbology friends!

Pru + Flora — Friends for sure! Would Flora be the one who pushes her to get homework done? I foresee study sessions in the library with Pru getting distracted by things and Flora reminding her to stay on task.

Tessa + Barney — I think she meets most of his requirements! We should hurl 'em.

Helga + Barney — She's a bit young, so if it doesn't fly with Tessa we could try hurling these two?

OKAY for starters I'd be up for the following right now if you were:
    Finlay & Finnian — If you trust me, I always have Finnian ideas
    Tessie & Barney (could you make? <3)
I want to do Ernie/Declan, but since he's still at school and breaks are limited, we should wait 'til summer <3

The following 1 user Likes Bella Scrimgeour's post:
   Declan Wood

MJ is MAGICAL
(April 20, 2018 – 3:39 AM)Bella Scrimgeour Wrote:  
(April 20, 2018 – 2:06 AM)Declan Wood Wrote:  @Bree:

OKAY for starters I'd be up for the following right now if you were:
    Finlay & Finnian — If you trust me, I always have Finnian ideas
    Tessie & Barney (could you make? <3)
I want to do Ernie/Declan, but since he's still at school and breaks are limited, we should wait 'til summer <3

Yes to all!

Bella Scrimgeour
Mozelle Rios & Prudence - Fellow fifth years, probably friendly. Mozelle is a very kind girl who isn't entirely horrible at classwork, so she could also be helpful with homework (even this past year)!
@"Naeva Lécuyer" & Prudence - Naeva would 100% have fit into the dislike category, lol.

Lydia Harleston & Finlay - Lydia is much older than Finlay and works in the Creature-Induced Injuries ward at Hogsmeade Hospital. Would probably be the sort to encourage his interest in Herbology, as she tends her own garden!

The following 1 user Likes Ambrosia Shinnick's post:
   Declan Wood

Don't fashion me into a maiden that needs saving from a dragon
[Image: bPyv7O4.jpg]
Postlog | Networking
DECLAN AND SPRYLY ARE NOW FORMER CLASSMATES I HAVE JUST REALIZED AND THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY BE BROS

edit: soooo here's Questor Spryly's deets >.>

The following 2 users Like Ursula Black's post:
   Benjamin Turner, Declan Wood

(June 26, 2018 – 12:57 AM)Ursula Black Wrote:  DECLAN AND SPRYLY ARE NOW FORMER CLASSMATES I HAVE JUST REALIZED AND THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY BE BROS

edit: soooo here's Questor Spryly's deets >.>

YES BROS FOR SHO

Ursula Black

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cassius Lestrange
February 27, 2024 – 9:46 PM
View a Printable Version