Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Bunny Devon for Anne Devon. My fair lady of the night
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

How Charming
Private 
April 16th, 1888 — Charms Class
Nathan Blackwall
The assignment for the day had been to practice the Alohomora which was fine with Alycone. She had been paired with Nathan Blackwall, whom she didn't know very well beyond the fact that he had gotten into some trouble some days prior. They had been given a variety of different locks to practice the spell on, all of varying difficulties. "Are you ready?" She asked of her assigned partner as she dubiously picked up one of the locks. It looked ancient and she wondered to herself if it had come from some pirates treasure chest. That sort of thing would make this spell useful to her, for sure.

Nathan smiled warmly. "Certainly! I read about this spell but never have had a chance to practice." His eyes glanced over each of the locks for a moment. "Would you like the honor of going first or shall I?" There was a slight but noticible gleam in his blue eyes.
Alcyone took out her wand and contemplated for a moment whether or not she wanted to go first. "Hmm, they do say ladies first, right?" Alcyone asked as she made her pick of the locks. Her first attempt yielded no results and she frowned slightly. "You give it a go now, see if you're luck is better," she said brightly.
He nodded and aimed his own wand at the lock, "Alohomora!" A bolt of light hit the lock, and rather than unlocking it, sent it skittering across the table. "Well, that could have gone better."
Alcyone chuckled as the lock went skittering, finding the sight amusing. "We're all new at this so I'm sure we're doing well," she said as she moved the lock back into the center of the table. "Why don't you try again?"