Chat
Cbox
Charming
Did you know?

Victorians could hire 'professional mourners' to attend their loved one's funeral. These people would partake in the procession and were not allowed to speak, just look awfully sad! — Rune

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Kristoffer was going to be great at this, because he was great at everything. Also his memory was greater than everyone else's, because he bet no one else had ever lost their virginity somewhere exotic like Morocco. Hell, he bet no one else had even lost their virginity. Inexperienced losers.

Kristoffer Lestrange in Shining, Shimmering Splendour

— Nominate a quote —
Migration Stamp

Survive a forum move! Claim by linking to one post prior to the move, and one post after the move. They can be no more than one month apart.

<
>

Left Out To Dry
April 27th
Hannah,

I arrived at Mrs. Black's house party last night and told everyone you had become quite ill. I almost hope that's the truth, because I can think of no other reason you might be avoiding a gathering at the home of one of my close friends. Your absence is quite conspicuous, though I hope I was able to disguise how much of a surprise it came to me.

I hope you will be feeling better by the time the season starts next month. It shall be difficult to make last-minute excuses for you at our own parties.

You might, at least, have told me you weren't coming.
Thom

April 28th, 1888
Thom,
I had informed Mrs. Black upon receipt of the invitation that I did not think my health would permit me to attend. It seemed the easiest route, given my lack of engagement with society of late, and in truth I suspected—rightly—that simply wouldn't have it in me to pretend I wanted to be there.

I do hope my absence will not prevent you from having a jolly time. Please give my best wishes to Mr. and Mrs. Black, and extend once again my regrets.
With affection,
H
Unsent:
April 28th
Hannah,

If your absence prevented me from enjoying myself I should hardly have smiled for the last year, would I have?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Thom Pettigrew's post:
   Aldous Crouch