Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Help [And a Confession or Two]
I'm back! I hope.

I swear I did this just last month, however, I wanted to be real with you all and keep you in the loop. Some of you are already aware of how things have been for me for a while. This past month I made some pretty significant changes. I started a new job, I began working out daily, I began meditating (something I swore I'd never do) daily, I've been focusing on things that keep me productive (knitting, baking, and reading) as well as trying to focus on being more playful and there for my munchkin. During that time I had no desire to write. None. For the sake of full disclosure I will tell you my husband every few days would suggest every few days that I write on Charming, his reasoning verbatim "I don't want you to give up a hobby I know you love." I put him off. But it did get me thinking. I've used Charming as an escape for a while now and part of me considers it something to do when work gets slow rather than something to do as fun. I love my characters but writing during my free time seems like a chore. I absolutely hate that this is how I am feeling. Last night was the first time in a month I realized how much I miss writing. This morning was the first time I woke up and wanted to sign on and start things up again.

Charming is a community and a hobby I love and my husband is right, I don't want to give it up. Which is why I'm telling you about all this. That said I haven't even begun to sort out who owes what and what is going on. I don't want to intimidate myself. As of right now I don't intend to drop anyone, however, there are a few that may go on break depending on how this goes (full disclosure: Asha Bilton, Daniel Selwyn, Galina, Hermione Longbottom, Sybille Lukeson). My goal is not to drop anyone, but that said it may happen and I want to give you some heads up of who it may affect.

Which brings me to the meat of this post. I have no clue where I am with posts. None. That said, I could really use some help from you. Would you be able to tell me:
  • what threads we have going that you'd like me to reply (and/or revive)?
  • where we are in a plot and if we need to chat to get the plot caught up to the April timeline?
  • if there is a plot or thread we should drop?
  • if there is anything I should be caught up on that's happened in the past month or two?

I love you all, thank you!

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
We'll chat on Skype but WELCOME BACK, FALLIN! Missed you and happy to do whatever makes it easiest for you to get back into things <3

The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Marie-Louise Prewett

MJ made this!
<3!

We can probably fade out the Selwyn Christmas? It's old by now and it's not super plot relevant to anyone ^^

And that might be the only thread I have with you right now? Plot wise, Alfred moved out this month so Asha is down a roommate!

The following 2 users Like Reuben Crouch's post:
   Anthea Selwyn, Marie-Louise Prewett

MJ made this <3
(March 31, 2021 – 2:40 PM)Reuben Crouch Wrote:  <3!

We can probably fade out the Selwyn Christmas? It's old by now and it's not super plot relevant to anyone ^^

And that might be the only thread I have with you right now? Plot wise, Alfred moved out this month so Asha is down a roommate!

I agree on the Selwyn front.

I think Caro and Alfred still had a thread going, any opinion on that? And good to know about Asha.

[Image: RHjZPzp.png]
Thank you MJ <3
Oh I TOTALLY forgot about Caro! Yes, I was enjoying their thread so I wouldn't mind keeping it, but we can also probably fade it out and wrap it anytime if you'd rather do more recent things. There's also DarrowFam at the Teapot Trials if you want to pop in with her there! I will link you on Skype Smile

MJ made this <3
Glad you are not leaving us!

I don't think we owe each other anything, or have anything specific planned, happy to plot, plan, or give you a low-pressure thread between just about anyone. Hollar at me - even if its just some student study times or selwyn botherings

The following 1 user Likes Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest's post:
   Caroline Darrow

[Image: nsqshLK.png]
MJ is queen
Gwen is referred to as Countess of Adinbury by others, but as Lady Adinbury when you are speaking to her
I will Skype you later (nothing scary), but all that matters is that you live and are discovering what works for you. I’m so happy you’re safe and here!

The following 1 user Likes Angelica Selwyn's post:
   Caroline Darrow

[Image: NpMgQU7.png]
MJ made this miracle!
Welcome back! Missed you!

The following 1 user Likes Elsie Kirke's post:
   Caroline Darrow

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
<3 <3 <3

As always, Fallin, I will go along with whatever you need!! Welcome back darling! You already know I'm about to do the same with my posts, and I thiiiink you've already caught everything we have together? But if I come across one we haven't mentioned then I'll hit you up on Skype!!

The following 1 user Likes Amelia Evans's post:
   Caroline Darrow

[Image: gvM7opq.png]
Welcome back <3 Always, always do what is best for you.

I'm also in the midst of trying to figure out my Charming life/priorities. I believe we only had Nessie going on? Which, as long as you don't mind super slowness on my end, I'd be happy to continue. Or drop. I'm super flexible. Ned will definitely be someone I will be keeping around, either way.

The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   Caroline Darrow

[Image: gmun6e3.png]

MJ, yet again working her magic.  <3 <3 Thank you
WB! I completely understand and relate... I've had a doosy of a couple months - I think the only thing we were thinking about was a Rudy-Sybille thingime... which never really crystalised because I failed too.

View a Printable Version