Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

When it's Networking, if its not rough it isn't fun

Welcome to my terrible network thread where spinsters and widows rule the world and all hurling and engagements are long ones. #realtimewithlauren

I love to hear from people with new ideas so feel free to post here or message me directly Elladora Black. Alternatively you can ask for my Skype which I'm happy to give out Smile I prefer not to do meet'n'greet style threads amongst people who work at the same place/move in the same circles as I work on the assumption that they probably know each other a bit already. Saying that I'm happy to throw together some less obvious characters and see where they take us.

Updated 06/02/21

The lovely coding is courtesy of Lynn and the layout I fully stole from MJ (with permission!) :D

Elladora Elladora Black
41 | Slytherin | Purist |  Rep 9 | Professional Spinster
The redoubtable sister of Hogwarts' Headmaster does not suffer fools easily but tends towards extreme loyalty once she has decided somebody deserves it. As such she is a powerful ally in society if attained but once slighted will never forgive or forget. She has begun the family trend of decapitating house elves, has innumerable skeletons in her own cupboard and has been carrying on a secret affair with Evalina Rosier since her twenties.
A blackmailer with connections to the Home for Inconvenient Children that knows about the child she dropped on their doorstep. The connection can be spurious AF I just need someone to know about the SECRET LOVE CHILD.
**URGENT** Someone to have an antagonistic encounter with. Any class would do but it has to feasibly be someone Ella wouldn't crush in one conversation.
Social climbers who may wish to get in with one of the Black ladies in an effort to court Phineas' favour. NB: This will not go well for them.
Potioneers who know Ella through the London society. An excellent opportunity to thread some less obvious connections.

30 | Slytherin | Purist |  Rep 9 | Auror
Set to inherit a fortune from his much despised father Enoch would be a big catch in society if it weren't for his insistence upon working. He doesn't do it for a living but rather the fun of catching criminals and may well give it all up to be idly rich once married - but finding a wife is not a high priority as he fully intends to distinguish himself as a dark wizard catcher before retiring. He also has impossibly high standards in a potential bride and he would never entertain the idea of marrying a woman that his mother did not approve of.
Hurl at me. He's super eligible - good family name, handsome, super rich, only son with lots to inherit still - but he's also kind of a dick and would never entertain anyone that wasn't UCPB and hot as a potential wife.
Work threads. Enoch needs work bros/enemies. I imagine he has more of the latter!
Affairs. He's a slut really and is significantly less picky about who he beds out of the eyes of society. He is also no stranger to brothels so could be recognised by less salubrious types who have spotted him there.

63 | Gryffindor | Soft Purist |  Rep 8 | Socialite
Through tenacity and a skilfully concealed backbone Harriet has overcome her husband being essentially murdered by the Ministry for being a dark wizard (which he was not) and raised her seven children with all the maternal love she could manage. With three daughters settled her gaze is turning onto her unmarried or widowed sons, determined to see them all wed before she dies. Which she doesn't plan to do for a very long time but don't tell them that.
Debutantes. Primarily UCPB debs that Harriet will hurl shamelessly at her sons. Initially I'd want a thread between the two of them where she scouts them out but then there will be a dinner party with the boys.
One day there will be a May-to-December romance on this site. Is today that day? Does he really love her? Will he be a gold digger? Exactly how crazy will it make her sons? Make my dreams come true people.

Ambrosia Ambrosia Selwyn
35 | Slytherin | Purist | Rep 7 | Socialite
The decidedly unmaternal matriarch of the Selwyn clan Ambrosia will cling to status with the last grip her fingers can manage. She is intensely aware at all times that the family must not fall and will always work for their collective advantage even if it often doesn't seem to be the case. Her husband's innumerable affairs have made her distant and chilly though she was never what one would call warm: she does, however, consider herself to be the only thing holding the family together and enjoys the sense of worth that brings her.
Selwyns. Let's hash out their specific dysfunction!
❧ A very, VERY discreet affair may be in Ambrosia's future. Though her husband has had many she has always remained loyal but with the attention shifting to his bastard daughter's marriage there is a strong chance that you may find Ambrosia at a low point and she will bone you hard. 

60 | Hufflepuff | Muggleborn |  Rep 8 | Head of the Department for the Regulation & Control of Magical Creatures
Strict and hard-working Morwenna has spent decades clawing her way up in a biased Ministry and despite it probably being in her best interest to retire she will not relinquish her department - even if she is a werewolf now. For once being ignored works in her favour though as so far only Elinor Goyle, her protege and not-so-secret-favourite, has discovered her secret. Others may not be do discreet though which would be devastating for Morwenna and her only son.
WOLF MAMA THREADS! Morwenna gathers strays to her bosom and wants to look after them all. I don't mind how they meet each other but give me your messed-up boys and girls so Morwenna can worry about them. I have plotty plans for her to become much more political so she should totally meet more of the Revs so she can make sure they're all getting fed and secretly spread the agenda in the Ministry.
Ministry workers to get suspicious of her very specific illness patterns.
Beings and beasts that need something from Morwenna. Perhaps you need professional intervention on her part to save you from something unexpected?

24 | Gryffindor | Pureblood |  Rep 6 | Unspeakable
Despite her youth Marlena is very much a career animal and if asked would say she has no intention of marrying at all. This might be subject to change as she is nowhere near being past her prime and though she prefers the company of women in every sense she is not entirely averse to a certain kind of man: she just doesn't know what man that is yet. With a slightly sketchy past and a flat of her very own to misbehave in it's really only a matter of time before the shit hits the fan.
Men of the MCAB variety would be the sort to seek her out as, despite being a tad on the odd side, she is attractive and from a good family. Her sister is a debutante so it's quite possible others might assume she is one too and I am looking for things to get awkward.
Gay/Bi ladies for Marlena to lose her head over and potentially end up being scandalous with.
Work buddies. The ladies of the Ministry need to stick together and I want an informal club/lunch group.

33 | Slytherin | Halfblood |  Rep 10 | Assistant Head of the DMLE
Ambitious and hard-working Konstantin had spent most of his life trying to distinguish himself amongst a large family and has mostly succeeded. A member of the Wizengamot and on track to be the Head of Department before he reaches 35 he has no intention of letting opportunities slip from his hands. Only his love life needs work but he is finally allowing himself the chance to indulge in that side of things: hoping against hope he can find a happier marriage than those around him.
Family threads would be great! What's going on on Planet Fisk?
Friends would be of a similar age/disposition/house. Come at me with suggestions for bro-ships, Kons is a nice guy so would probably get on with anybody who isn't a prejudiced, purist type. He is also VERY supportive of the last two Ministers of Magic and will not hear a word against either of them.
❧ He is officially courting Amelia Evans and I'd love for him to meet some of her friends!

49 | Ravenclaw | Halfblood |  Rep 5 | Lingerie Designer
Eccentric and kind-hearted Ailsa is generally a charming, if slightly overwhelming, presence who will talk to anybody about more or less anything. Occasionally she borders on the inappropriate but she's entirely harmless and lives to be a mild embarrassment to her children and a lifelong love to her husband.
Family and friends are always welcome to pop by the Fraser household. Other middle class ladies of a certain age would be great as friends but I would especially love people that are disapproving of the family to try and criticise Ailsa and fall on totally deaf ears.
Fraser's Foundations needs you! Lonely plot!

45 | Ravenclaw | Religious Purist | Rep 9 | Nurse & Midwife
A bastion of the Church of Magical Jesus since birth Temperance's faith may be stronger than the foundations the church was built upon but she is still a human being and, to her irritation, has wants and needs that the Lord has not been especially forthcoming in providing. She would never abandon her faith - would rather pluck out her own eyeballs - but after finally realising that all her dreams were long-ago dashed by her brother's selfishness she is feeling a tad jaded. Determined to do right by her remaining niece Temperance intends to set her on the path of the righteous and reaffirm her own place in the world.
Acquaintances from the church to ask for her advice/help with spiritual matters.
Nursing and birth. Trained as a midwife initially Temperance also nurses at the Irvingly Infirmary so if you are Irvingly based and about to pop/injure yourself terribly, then Temperance is your woman.
Romance? She's a middle aged, religious fanatic with a spiky disposition and no money to speak of. Still, she's a bit hot if you're not fussy and like being bossed around!

18 | Ravenclaw | Purist | Rep 7 | Borgin and Burke's Employee
Being the oldest daughter of Mr Borgin Trixie was destined from birth to marry Claude Burke and be miserable with him. Wed before she received her OWL results she didn't have chance to escape to a better life and is now utterly trapped - fortunately she has managed to keep the marriage unconsummated through general unpleasantness and poisoning Claude to keep him impotent. After losing her virginity at school to Kristoffer Lestrange she has continued to have a casual sexual relationship with him and though far from in love she does much prefer his similarly bratty company.
Friends & Enemies. Trixie has a few of the first and lots of the second. If you were at school at the same time your relationship is entirely dependant upon whether your character was friends with Holliday Fudge.
Claude. Make my husband and have oodles of fun in an arranged teen marriage where you're being poisoned into impotence!
WC neighbours of a less than respectable bearing. Amongst other things Borgin and Burke's does a backdoor trade selling potions to fallen women to rid them of pregnancies, so you should definitely come to them if you're in need. Trixie will judge you but depending on if you give her advice on how to seduce men will probably give you a discount.
Lovers should be as different to Claude as possible and I would prefer to thread them out to see if Trixie likes them as she is contrary :P

[post]

43 | Slytherin | Muggleborn | Rep 8 | Slytherin House Matron
Your favourite gay aunt. Born into a muggleborn household Connie took years to settle into the wizarding world and will not be budged from it for anything. Her former life as a governess gave her a lot of patience and a significant chip on her shoulder when it comes to the privilege of the upper class, though she is utterly hypocritical and is more than happy to indulge those she likes. Though prone to doomed crushes she does not regret the path she took in life but would quite like someone to share it with. 
Friends outside of Hogwarts would be great! Someone about the same age and preferably in the same house for her to reminisce with and/or to ask awkward questions about why she isn't married.
Romance. My expectations are not high but Connie still has functioning parts and would like to use them again at some point.
Mentoring threads. Connie is a former governess so would be ready and able to help you academically or with deportment/etiquette if needed, though she takes a dim view of the latter. She is also available for UC girls having a small panic about having to get married so soon, MC students who need careers advice and WC children who need encouragement. (For the right student Connie might actually sponsor them through the last few years of Hogwarts because realistically her expenses are books and wine.)

16 | Slytherin | Purist | Rep 10 | Fifth Year Prefect
With family like the Lestranges who needs frenemies?
Friends would all come from the same class/background as Gretchen. She is fairly rigid in her purist views though it is more because of what her family expects than any personally held views. As such other pureblood girls should come at at me. And George Waterford should be very, very nice to her.
Family threads would be great fun but I'm more in the mood for conflict with Gretchen at the moment, which isn't difficult with her fam xD
Romantically Gretchen is a mystery to even me. She does not have a betrothal at the moment - and if she did he would have to be at least late twenties by now and ready to support her in two years or so - but I would be keen to get her a crush. I don't mind gender or class/blood status, the more inappropriate the better frankly.
Animagus tutor so she can show off to her family.

The following 1 user Likes Elladora Black's post:
   Amelia Evans

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
I require more Winnie/Lena in my life, but also have Jacob to offer there.

And as stated in the cbox, I would be open to using Jake for Harriet's summer romance because he's younger than some of her kids and that will never not amuse me.

We should also Mason/Mommy soon!

There's also a long overdue Nemo/Kons thread for lolz we could do!

[Image: SadieSig.png]
Hi Edric should be friends Kons given his friendliness with Ross and their adjacent careers. I also want more head of department threads with Morewenna <3

We are long overdue for another Dio/Enoch and I would like that very much. I am also creating a list of potential baby daddies, so if that’s something you’re into we could discuss whenever.

Also Harriet. This is Helga’s season (or so she thinks D<) and she’ll want to hang out with her if possible.

MJ is MAGICAL
Elladora:
I have NEphele - who is sweet and nice, but might be someone Elladora tolerates due to social expectation or due to some Elphaba/Glinda vibes.

Lucretia Zabini would be all over her like a social climbing rash

Meserimus - as a fellow potioneer, and works at the school. They've def been in each others company, happy for there to be a friendship there, he wouldnt have any gender qualms, and would have treated her as a professional equal.

(although probably did think about setting her up with one his sons, or even himself)

Enoch:
Ginny is my only pureblood lady, She is rich, upperclass and pureblood. She is period fashionably pretty in pre-raphealite terms. She is at a point where a loveless power marriage would be acceptable.

Murdock: He is head of magical law enforcement and a former auror - work threads, careers advice all that jazz

Harriet:
I'd throw Nephele and Ermingarde at her as friends.
Ginny didn't seem to do it for her as a set up contender, but Adrestia is a mysterious wealthy newcomer.

Ambrosia:
Nephele was a selwyn - the other branch (her mother was a lestrange who married a selwyn). Happy to have them as friends? Or even a sort of thinly veiled hatership if Ambrosia hates the Selwyns that badly? lol

Morwenna:
Murdock could be that suspcious work person - mostly because he is also sick those days!

Lena:
She and Ginny should see how that goes

Temperence:
Nephele is a member of the church of magical jesus, and is possibly a little more airy fairy.

[Image: 2SyywhH.jpg]
^  Look what Lady did  ^
I would like either Kieran/Morwenna or Ross/Morwenna again <3

also hello Harriet Camilla Zabini thinks ur son is hot.

Also Marlena/Emilia? Unspeakable ladies? EJ is old enough to be more mentor than peer but I'd love to thread them

I'm down for any of these but especially the last b/c Emilia could use more threads, hit me w/ whatever you like best!

The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Aldous Crouch

MJ made this!
Hellooo.

For Enoch:
Him and @'Gertrude Baker' would probably interact fairly frequently at work. I feel they would definitely rub each other the wrong way. Firstly, Gertrude is a WC muggleborn doing a man's job and I feel like Enoch wouldn't approve of that? Or even, just because she's a muggleborn. And Gertrude would hate that so much. I really want to explore her stubborn and argumentative side and I think that could be some good fun.

For Lena:
Begonia obvs. I'd love to chat about their history and think about stuff going forward. Begonia still has a lot of love in her heart for Lena (whether that is romantic or not, I'm not 100% sure yet - we could figure this out). But she's also in a BAD place after the WW article, and is definitely scared of rocking the boat.

I also think her and Gertrude could be friendly? They were in the same year at school so would definitely know of each other. And I think they have a lot of similarities.

For Kons:
Kons would also know Gertrude through work as they're both in the DMLE. I don't think there's much need for a thread there, but they would know each other.

the beauty is of course, MJ's
[Image: 5AoSArC.png]
OKAY APOLOGIES FOR THE WAIT
Cassius Lestrange @"Elsie Beauregard" Holly Scrimgeour Josie Jones Madeleine Backus

There's a lot here I'd love to play with at some point but in the interest of me not getting in over my head I've whittled it down to stuff that can be plotty/move stuff along but please assume that all of these potential relationships, whether work or friendship, are very much a yes from me :D

For now I'm going to start:
Morwenna/Kieran and Morwenna/Mason.
Nemo/Kons before the wedding.
Enoch/Dio and Enoch/Ginny.
Harriet/Adrestia and Harriet/Jake.
Annnd that's all for now folks!

Hope that's all okay with you guys! Let me know if you'd prefer other thing.

Rosa we have Begonia and Lena and there will be more to come so I'm hoping you don't mind missing out on some sweet, sweet work threads xD

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
HELP

If there is a thread you've tagged me in that I haven't replied to yet, or something I said I'd start and never did, then please leave me a note here so I can try to catch up. I've been compiling my threads and trying to get back on top of things from the confines of my duvet but I think I've missed a few.

Character wise the following are definitely going for a while:
Beatrix Burke and Fenella Goshawk

The rest are staying and I hope to get to their threads asap however atm I'm in desperate need of things to do with Constance Sykes, Elladora Black and Temperance Fairchild as I'm struggling to justify keeping my retinue of fabulous spinsters.

Help them survive fam or else Marlena might be being moved up to being my main account very soon xD

The following 3 users Like Elladora Black's post:
   Cassius Lestrange, Elsie Kirke, Holly Scrimgeour

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
Winnie could consult Temperance on a difficult case? I can do Phinny/Ella letters! All I have for Connie is Sloane, which could be amusing af actually xD

The following 1 user Likes Elsie Kirke's post:
   Elladora Black

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
I'm down for Angelica/Connie or Anne/Connie (Anne probably thinks she's a badass and would want dueling help).

Odina is a potioneer if you still want that connection for Ella.

HI I LOVE YOU

I would love to continue any of these threads but only if you're up for it! <3

Evadora <3 I love them but I completely understand if you'd like to shelve Ella for a while! <3

Adrienne & Temperance!

ALSO KONSMELIA, but you know I'm always down for them >D

[Image: gvM7opq.png]
Late but I am alwaaaays up for Carmelina/Connie threads (and if Connie doesn't have too many plans this summer, a short holiday abroad together maybe?!)

On a similar note I sending Conall off on a work trip for a couple months come May (will keep him active though) so he and Temperance should definitely kiss thread again before he goes >D Oooh and Calliope's baby is due in May if you need/want midwifey threads!

The following 1 user Likes Elias Grimstone's post:
   Elladora Black

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
SUMMER UPDATES

Tl/dr I have a new job and will be patchy till I get used to the new routine. With that in mind I want to streamline my threads and prioritise based on whatever your plotting needs are. I'm not tagging people because pretty much everyone is included somewhere but if you're in blue there's a question for you.

Elladora
I'm happy to continue with Eva/Ella and Ursula/Ella as neither are pressing (as far as I know?) but I am enjoying both of them very much Smile Beanie, I know we mentioned Ella/Sirius and I'd love that BUT only if there's something specific for them to do? Even if it's just wand shopping or something borderline illegal I'm happy but just not "oh we're both in the drawing room, how odd" y'know? Hit me up.

Morwenna
I'm going to leave Kieran/Jude/Morwenna for now if that's cool with you guys? I love them but it's not needed rn and I'd love to revisit their dynamic later on! Nora and Mason will be getting replies asap as both of them will need to know how they reacted.

Connie
Is dancing with Hamish and I am delighted. Also MJ I have an idea for a holiday starter so if you're up for it still I can get that up later (hopefully!)?

Temperance
Lady, I fully intend to reply to Adrienne and it's top of my todo list because it's so old but I love it so it's staying. Otherwise I'll bring her and Conall to a close and MJ perhaps we could thread them again after he gets back from his expedition? Perhaps he'll pick her up a prickly pet, who knows?

Lena
Holden and Beth will both be getting replies soon. Kieran will be getting one urgently as I think that's plot specific? Or at least waiting for Jude?

Kons
Is on a boat with Alfred and will continue to be so. Also Lady, I need to start new Kamelia and shall do so asap!

Ailsa
Is getting pervy with Ester, heroic with Ewart and is also meeting a smoking caterpillar. She's living her best life and will continue to do so. Bee, let me know when you have need of auntie Ailsa for Daffy purposes as by then the first two may be reaching conclusions.

Gretchen
Will be wrapping up the Cash thread shortly, I think, as they're now nicely established as cousins who don't hate each other and could potentially be forced into marriage. Primarily though I need to reply to letters and BREE, I TOLD YOU I WAS TERRIBLE AT LETTERS, DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Harriet
All sons will get replies to their individual threads, I think Freddie and Fitz are with you guys and Faustus is with me so I shall get to that. Otherwise she's flirting with Art and no power on this earth would make me discard that thread.

Ambrosia
Has threads with Freya and Minty that are both dead and I'm happy to leave them that way because while fun they're not that important in the long run. Confrontation with Lillian shall continue and I'll be prompt with those replies. Kayte, if Fitz begins looking for extramarital fun then let me know Wink And MJ let me know if Trystan does anything that might make her furious.

Enoch
Mariana/Enoch shall live and I shall reply asap and try to be a bit quicker as it might become relevant. Also I'll get on Grace/Enoch too as that could be a hilarious disaster and if she makes a fool of herself she'll need to know asap :P Lady, let me know as and when you want something for Ingrid and we can thread them but I'd prefer to wait till either a specific event that could push them together or Tatty's wedding or something for max drama.

Angel
Yassine, Tig and Bella can all delight in her company. Bree, I don't mind leaving her and Raph for now and we can do something further down the line and/or we can pimp the other sisters?!

Helena
Is still taking Charles down off that ledge. I would be open to another thread for her but atm I don't want to be creating/taking opens for Helena so if anyone has any need of her for anything let me know. Until then she's good to chill.

Xandra
Dom will be getting a reply and if anything takes this it could be a fun hurling thread that will get replies. Otherwise Kayte I'd love to thread her with Ros soon!

If there's anything I've missed then let me know. It might be because it died and I moved it out of my current log and wasn't tagged back/missed the tag if you brought it back to life! Remember, I have everything tagged with Elladora as I live on that account and change all posts after posting them to the relevant account so I rarely pick up tags on the other accounts.

The following 3 users Like Elladora Black's post:
   Elias Grimstone, Elsie Kirke, Melody Crouch

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
Oh yes please re: Connie >D & sounds good for the rest <3

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Cassius Lestrange
February 27, 2024 – 9:46 PM
View a Printable Version