Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

*N/A*
Storytime [Lynn's Plot Trackers]
A Collection of Plots
For your stalking or fact-checking ease, a collection of completed or ongoing plots for my characters. A brief summary of the plot lives up top, a list of which characters are primarily involved, and ship names you may want to be familiar with if applicable. The summaries listed by the thread titles are meant for quick reference if you're looking for a specific thread you've already read and may contain spoilers if you haven't read the thread yet, so if you're trying to catch up on something and are invested in watching it as it occurs, be advised!
Table of Contents
NCE: PrologueReuben Crouch & Melody Finch
The DuelReuben Crouch, whose life is generally going to shit anyway, challenges Elmer Macmillan to a duel over a lewd comment made about his sister November Malfoy
Meredith Watchword's Society NewsJuliana Binns turns scandal writer to avoid having to deal with the fallout of being caught alone with Lachlan MacFusty
Zelfred, Chapters I & IIJ. Alfred Darrow and Zelda Fisk begin a very long and fretful relationship
Zelfred Chapter III & SquishContinuation of Zelfred, feat. Pictish Curse shenanigans and the beginning of their formal courtship; also, the genesis of Alfred's rather complicated relationship with Jo Smith
Zelfred, Chapter IVZelda and Alfred navigate their (family-unapproved) courtship
Summer Lovin'Emrys Selwyn & Angelica Vorona

Code:
<table style="width:100%;border-collapse:collapse;margin:10px;">
<tr><td colspan="3" style="text-align:center;"><div class="thead">Title of Plot</div>
<i>A general description and/or other information</i><hr></td></tr>

<tr style="vertical-align:top;">
<td width="20%">IC Date</td><td><a href="" style="color:#d98880;">Thread Title</a></td><td width="60%"><i>a description of the thread goes here</i></td>
</tr>
<td>IC Date</td><td><a href="" style="color:#d98880;">Thread Title</a></td><td width="60%"><i>a description of the thread goes here</i></td>
</tr>
<td>IC Date</td><td><a href="" style="color:#d98880;">Thread Title</a></td><td width="60%"><i>a description of the thread goes here</i></td>
</tr>
</table>

♡ Set by Lady ♡

The Duel
In the aftermath of Witch Weekly's article and various other Crouch-family drama, Ben challenges Elmer Macmillan to a duel over the honor of his sister, November Malfoy. Arthur Pettigrew and Emrys Selwyn serve as seconds and various people who care about Ben try to talk him out of it.
8 March 1891Let's Skip to the end and work our way backbackground information: Melody is very sick and Ben is very worried about it, and decides to buy her a sleeping potion to try and smooth things over
9 March 1891From Erebusletters: Ben orders the sleeping potion from Noble
14 March 1891Witch WeeklyBen is on the cover; an article reveals Melody is sick, implies he wants her to die, and uncovers several interactions he's had recently with previous flirations
14 March 1891Mayday, MaydayMelody reads Witch Weekly; takes the sleeping potion
15 March 1891I don't believe a word but...letters: Nova asks to visit Ben
15 March 1891Carrying more baggage each time I board the planeArt visits Ben to tell him about the article, because that's what friends do, and then they spiral into unchecked depressing conversation because that's what Art and Ben specifically do
15 March 1891you're investigating the biggest crime scene of the centuryNovember confronts Ben about the article and about his marriage; in order to protect Melody, he tells her some shocking truths about himself
15 March 1891Neutral? Third Partyletters: Ben, who feels about about this, asks Aldous to check on November
15 March 1891I'm gonna start a fightBen, who has finally realized Melody is still asleep, goes to Bartonburg looking for Noble Greengrass, but gets distracted by Elmer Macmillan's unexpected confession of - uh, love? - for November, and beats him up. Various parties intervene.
15 March 1891Now I'm Stuck Holding a BombBen confronts Noble, who helps get Melody awake again
15 March 1891Much Ado About NothingThe Macmillans deal with the fallout of the fight on their own
17 March 1891Neutral? Third Partyletters: Aldous hears a rumor about the fight and sends Ben a howler
17 March 1891pull the fire alarmletters: Dionisia also hears a rumor and writes Ben but at least there are no howlers involved
18 March 1891no one's pressing chargesletters: Art also hears a rumor and writes Ben, but in a much more chill way than Aldous or Dio did
18 March 1891have him turn around so he can have deniabilityBen tries to reassure Aldous, who tries to dissuade him
19 March 1891pistols at dawnletters: Ben threatens Elmer, and when that doesn't produce results, challenges him to a duel
21 March 1891imagine if i never had the broskisletters: Elmer asks Emrys to be his second and he grudgingly agrees
23 March 1891the more I learn, the less I knowBen visits Elliott, and Dio tries to talk him out of dueling
24 March 1891logisticsletters: Emrys invites Art over
24 March 1891most disputes die and no one shootsEmrys and Art discuss terms, and also there are bribes
24 March 1891I don't believe a word but...letters: Ben asks to visit Nova
24 March 1891I'm choosing my confessionsBen confronts his sister about Elmer's allegations
24 March 1891Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"Nova calls things off with Elmer, who tells her about the duel
25 March 1891when did it get cool to be so sadBen and Art discuss terms, and have a lot of feelings
25 March 1891An interrupted duel Iletters: Nova informs Helena Macmillan
25 March 1891An interrupted duel IIletters: Nova tries to scare Ben out of the duel
25 March 1891doctor, doctorletters: Art talks Valerian into being healer for the duel
25 March 1891here's to the health of married women and their loversEmrys and Elmer discuss terms, with far fewer emotions but more costume changes
25 March 1891the lamentations of their womenHelena tries to talk Elmer out of it, but misses him
25 March 1891mama, I might kill a manletters: Elmer tells Helena he's going through with it
25 March 1891name your priceletters: Helena tries to talk Ben out of it but he doesn't reply
26 March 1891pick a place to die where it's high and drythe duel

MJ made this <3

Meredith Watchword's Society News
After an unfortunate event where Lachlan MacFusty ripped open Juliana's dress while she was unconscious and was then seen by Marianne Finch, Juliana decided to turn scandal writer to salvage her reputation by getting ahead of the situation. This spiraled much farther from her control than she had initially anticipated. Also heavily featuring Camilla Lytton as the snarky best friend. Technically Lachlan and Juliana have earned a ship name but Bree and I haven't figured it out yet.
14 February 1891Cut My Heart Into PiecesJuliana faints, Lachlan rips her dress open, Marianne assumes the worst
14 February 1891One chance to get this rightJules and Lach deal with immediate problems such as how to get home while partly naked
14 February 1891Kids These DaysMarianne starts to spread rumors
18 February 1891I'll Write My Way Outletters: Juliana forms a plan she doesn't really tell Lach much about
22 February 1891Research of a Different KindJuliana catches up on every piece of scandal ever written
28 February 1891Witch WeeklyJules & Lach are on the cover; the article details their experience in the garden and makes some disparaging comments about everyone, but especially Mrs. Finch
28 February 1891breaking news alert!?Lachlan reacts to learning Jules' plan and asks her to visit to speak in person
28 February 1891backstabbingLachlan explains this drama to his sister Tilda
1 March 1891The situation roomJuliana explains her plan to Lachlan, and then they fight about some things, mostly tea
1 March 1891Promiscuous GirlCamilla asks Jules about the article, and she plays innocent
3 March 1891A Scandal in BohemiaJuliana needles Ellory for some scandal she can use for future issues
8 March 1891sensitive sessionsLachlan's friend Art asks about the article
8 March 1891Wrong Numbera letter intended for Lachlan goes astray and falls into the hands of a blackmailer
14 March 1891breaking news alert!?letters: Juliana tells Lachlan to stop writing her and lay low, and of course he doesn't follow directions
14 March 1891Witch WeeklyJules publishes what she learned from Ellory, and some scandal she's been able to dig up about Mr. & Mrs. Crouch
17 March 1891A few mistakes agoJuliana comes to Lach's house to berate him for continuing to write her, things get out of hand, and he kisses her, which really freaks her out
18 March 1891confessionalJuliana admits to Camilla that she knows Lach a little better than she'd let on and Camilla is hella supportive
19 March 1891Scenario PlanningJuliana admits to Camilla that she is being blackmailed and they discuss options for how to handle Verity's request
22 March 1891Lightning before the thunderJules returns Lachlan's coat, through his sister

Zelfred, Chapter I: Getting Underway
In which Alfred and Zelda meet, flirt, kiss, sleep together, and then Alfred gets chased off by Zelda's brother, Ari. Note that some people were played differently back then — Alfred's best friend at the time was named Paul Pince instead of Pablo Medina, and Evander was married :P

Ship name is Zelfred!

9 Oct 1887Wind & WavesAlfred crashes his sailboat at the Sanditon & Zelda helps him recover it; they have some very awkward conversation and he eventually takes her sailing briefly
31 Oct 1887human voices wake us as we drownAlfred & Zelda run into each other and flirt at a Halloween party
24 Dec 1887There's Bound to be Talk TomorrowAlfred and Zelda get stuck under some magic mistletoe and need to kiss to escape it.
30 Mar 1888Heels Over HeadZelda deals with a magical catastrophe near Alfred's boat; they end up chatting in his cabin and she asks to kiss him again, which he (with great difficulty) refuses
19 April 1888Mr. BrightsideZelda confronts Alfred, who is a little drunk, to say goodbye. Things get out of hand, as they often do when people are drunk and horny. It's actually a pretty cute thread for all I'm being glib about it.
20 Apr 1888No Harbor Is my homeletters: Alfred apologizes and they are both very awkward about it
29 Apr 1888Young, Dumb, and BrokeZelda tells her friend Dio about (some of) her misadventures with Alfred
16 May 1888The Guilty Onesfearing she might be pregnant, Zelda confides in Ari
16 May 1888Saturday Sunwhile underway, Alfred frets about Zelda
10 June 1888Foolish to think^that, but more
2 July 1888You've Got SomethingAlfred and Zelda reconnect after his return to port
23 Aug 1888An Elephant in the RoomAlfred is confronted by Ari Fisk, who tells him to stay away from Zelda which he tentatively promises to do

Zelfred, Chapter II: Anchoring
After not talking for a few months, Alfred and Zelda rekindle things when her brother Ari gets married and is therefore unable to supervise them very closely. After a few months of meeting in secret, Alfred decides to make things official, but interrupts Passover while trying to ask for permission to court Zelda, which does not go well. He works to try and earn her father's approval but makes no progress whatsoever, which eventually leads to frustrations. He sort of asks if she wants to elope (she doesn't) and eventually writes her a heartfelt letter she never receives.
19 Dec 1888Long Hair and Longer Stridea description of the thread goes here
9 March 1889How much you wanna risk?Zelda visits Alfred under the pretense of helping de-curse his flat. They discuss having slept with each other and have a bit of a moment.
10 March 1889Tongue TrippingAlfred meets Dio in the hospital
15 March 1889Need a Second Change at a First ImpressionAlfred meets everyone else, while interrupting Passover dinner with an ill-timed attempt to ask permission to court Zelda. He is denied.
20 March 1889no longer just usletters: Alfred and Zelda deal with fallout from Passover
21 April 1889Happy EasterAlfred tells Evander a little about his love troubles
9 June 1889switchblade and a motorbikeAri and Zelda talk about Passover, and other things
28 August 1889mistakes we've madeAlfred and Zelda have a coded conversation at a wedding, and he accidentally proposes, which she rejects
1 Nov 1889The Next stepAlfred's confessional letter, which Zelda never receives

The following 1 user Likes J. Alfred Darrow's post:
   Zelda Darrow

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER

Zelfred, Chapter III: High Seas
Alfred tries to run off to India but is stopped by a Pictish Curse. Obviously, Zelda is tasked with the de-cursing. This forces them to interact again and they remember how much they love each other after some brushes with death and a lot of long nights. Zelda determines a path forward: if Alfred can't get Brannon's permission to court her, he'll just go ahead without it.
11 Jan 1890Mysteries at SeaAlfred discovers the cursed chest onboard the Voyager
10 Feb 1890SummonsAlfred's trials with the Ministry of Magic over the cursed chest.
25 Feb 1890Maybe I'll WaitZelda and Alfred meet onboard the Voyager and have their first conversation in months.
10 Mar 1890things still left to sayZelda summons Alfred to the Ministry
10 Mar 1890when there's nothing left to burnZelda is very sadface about the way things have turned out
13 Mar 1890Next YearZelda and Alfred meet onboard the Voyager and have their first conversation in months.
16 Mar 1890smile like you mean itAlfred, feeling restless about his potentially impending doom, decides to spend some time with Charity.
16 Mar 1890ancient namesOn returning from sailing with Charity, Alfred confesses to Evander that he might be dying.
17 Mar 1890we look like lightningZelda and Alfred meet up to work on the curse, and Alfred nearly dies.
17 Mar 1890salt and the seaZelda gets Alfred to the hospital
17 Mar 1890avalancheZelda and Alfred have a heartfelt conversation which is interrupted by Evander
20 Mar 1890sometimes you only get one chanceletters: following up on the whole 'you almost died' thing
25 Mar 1890way with wordsZelda and Alfred continue their heartfelt conversation
25 Apr 1890wiry broken down framesZelda announces she's made progress
26 Apr 1890frequently asked questionsAlfred and Evander discuss curses and courtships
4 May 1890never give up on meZelda gives Alfred an earring to save his life, and they discuss the future
6 May 1890updatesAlfred tells Evander about the curse situation
26 June 1890million bucksThe ill-advised surprise courtship scheme is put into motion
27 June 1890updatesEvander berates Alfred for poor life choices

Squish: A Paralogue
Meanwhile, Alfred and Jo Smith have a... something going on.
4 Feb 1890 home againAlfred and Jo meet on the docks and end up getting drinks together
4 Feb 1890 good vibrationsA continuation of the above; it's easy for them to get lost in conversation
9 Feb 1890 shiny happy peopleletters: they chat and make plans for Jo to visit so Alfred can show off his tattoos
24 Feb 1890 philomenaJo visits; they flirt but Alfred lets her know he isn't looking for a relationship. She sees his tattoos anyway.
3 Mar 1890friends in low placesZelda and Jo have a bit of a falling out over Alfred
13 Mar 1890maybe, i'm afraidthinking he is near death, Alfred asks Jo to keep him company and she shows off her tattoos
22 Mar 1890 second star to the rightAlfred's killing time while waiting to be de-cursed and they talk a lot about sex for two people who aren't having any

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER

Zelfred, Chapter IV: Stay the Course
Alfred and Zelda continue their courtship while trying to win the grudging acceptance of her family and trying to navigate their own minor conflicts with an audience of Fisks.
27 Sep 1890sunday roastZelda and Alfred attend Evander's dinner party
25 Dec 1890just you & me & the seaZelda and Alfred meet up in secret during Christmas; they say 'I love you' for the first time.
7 Feb 1891friend of a friendZelda and Alfred attend an event with a magical twist and Zelda realizes Jo and Alfred are attracted to each other
11 Feb 1891on your endsAlfred apologizes again through letter, but things go off the rails
14 Feb 1891"Happy Valentine's Day. - Z Fisk"Alfred waits in a post office while trying to figure out why Zelda is angry with him and runs into his old friend, Pablo, who commiserates
14 Feb 1891untangle thisAlfred asks Jo what she said, they agree to meet
19 Feb 1891long story shortAlfred and Jo meet to discuss the situation
19 Feb 1891gravityJo thinks this is game over but Alfred wants things to go back to normal
19 Feb 1891mark the shoalsDrunk, Alfred decides to force his way into Zelda's garden to make up with her, too.
20 Feb 1890things get complicated with someone else aroundZelda tries to get help covering up a hickey and accidentally has a confrontation with Ari
20 Feb 1890uncle h's advice for love and lifeAlfred's Uncle Hamish advises him on the advisability of a shorter courtship
21 Feb 1890the future's unwritten, the past is a corridorZelda and Dio talk about how to make things a little easier if necessary
22 Feb 1890if you never shoot, you'll never knowAlfred seeks Ari's advice about how to move forward
4 Mar 1890those who dance are all misledJo surprises Alfred packing up his flat and they have a fight that leaves Alfred distraught
4 Mar 1891adriftAlfred writes Zelda about the fight, but decides it's a bad idea and doesn't tell her much
5 Mar 1890the edge of the mapAlfred writes sad letters he doesn't send
5 Mar 1890in shades of grey and candlelightZelda attempts to extend an olive branch to Jo, who refuses it
5 Mar 1890love live the pioneers, rebels and mutineersAlfred is binge drinking in a bar and runs into Julian Fisk, who wants to lend an ear
6 Mar 1890in my dreams I'm to blameZelda ponders what Jo's letters mean
6 Mar 1891you pick a fight, and I'll define itAlfred tries to tell Zelda why he's so moody while not giving Roslyn, her chaperone, any clue as to what they're talking about
9 Mar 1890this would be easier for whoever cared lessAlfred returns home during the blizzard and discovers Jo in his flat; they fight.
9 Mar 1890staring out at snow-plowed mountainsZelda and Delight get caught in the blizzard and decide to go to Alfred's flat
9 Mar 1891no place to run and no gasolineAlfred and Jo are surprised in his flat by Zelda and her friend, Delight; a fight ensues and Jo leaves the flat.
9 Mar 1891the longest shadows ever castZelda and Alfred discuss things later that night
14 Mar 1890a guy on the insideAlfred asks Julian to steal a bridesmaid glove for him
18 Mar 1890pregameZelda and Roslyn chat before the dinner party
18 Mar 1890four courses to freedomRoslyn Ross throws a dinner party
28 Mar 1891cause no one saw me the way you didZelda and Alfred have a cute conversation before Xena's wedding

Summer Lovin'
The love affair of Emrys Selwyn & Professor Angelica Vorona (EmGel).
28 Jan 1891en el aire frescobackground: Emrys realizes, apparently for the first time, that people have noticed he's unmarried
3 Feb 1891inquiring minds want to knowbackground: Emrys decides to marry and asks Trystan for advice
Feb 1891the listEmrys' thoughts on the marriage mart
6 Mar 1891playing with matchesEmrys and Angelica meet at the dueling reception
7 Mar 1891you could tie me up in chainsletters: starts as flirting and moves into basically VE-sexting
Mar 1891the listEmrys' thoughts on the marriage mart
24 Mar 1891most disputes die and no one shootsmeanwhile: Emrys has to negotiate a duel which is mostly notable because it's how he meets Art Pettigrew
25 Mar 1891the opposite of love's indifferencemeanwhile: Emrys tries to get information on Angelica from his sister
26 Mar 1891pick a place to die where it's high and dryalso meanwhile: there's a duel. It's not super relevant but I do really enjoy the Art/Emrys exchange so I'm including it :P
26 Mar 1891intrusive thoughtsAngelica visits Emrys' home
27 Mar 1891you trick your lovers that you're wicked and devine& subsequently stays the weekend
1 Apr 1891begging for a way out but the only way out is throughmeanwhile: Art is having a bit of a crisis and Emrys takes an interest
17 Apr 1891put on your dancing shoesmeanwhile: Emrys meets Octavia Fawley
20 Apr 1891an expression of interestmeanwhile: Emrys exchanges letters with Octavia
Apr 1891the listEmrys' thoughts on the marriage mart
26 Apr 1891lies & slanderletters: more flirting
9 May 1891got a little problem with personal spaceEmrys meets Angelica's family at one of their events
15 May 1891you just wanna go where your problems won't follow youmeanwhile: Emrys and Art unexpectedly hook up at a party
May 1891the listEmrys' thoughts on the marriage mart
26 May 1891maybe you'll get dinner first this timemeanwhile: Emrys keeps his affair with Art alive through letters
Jun 1891the listEmrys narrows down and selects his potential bride
25 Jun 1891too much is never enoughAngelica surprises Emrys at home, and makes a small discovery
26 Jun 1891it changed the meaning, did you intend this?letters: Angelica apologizes and they have a very sweet exchange
30 Jun 1891OffscreenEmrys asks Octavia Fawley's parents for permission to court her and is rejected on the grounds of his older brother's reputation
30 Jun 1891reboundmeanwhile: Emrys attends the wedding feeling rather dour and enjoys a conversation with Clarissa Cosgrove
30 Jun 1891a bad apple spoils the metaphorEmrys chats with Trystan about his problems
2 Jul 1891pdaEmrys sends flowers to Clarissa
4 Jul 1891i need help believing you're with me tonightalthough they're both trying to carry on as usual, they both recognize things have started to change
6 Jul 1891the listEmrys weighs the pros and cons of Clarissa Cosgrove
9 Jul 1891lately I'm feeling like a big bangEmrys initiates a courtship with Clarissa
9 Aug 1891baby you're like lightning in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I've got itletters: Angelica tries to move their relationship forward prior to the start of the school year and Emrys deftly dodges
20 Sep 1891Witch WeeklySpeculation about Emrys & Clarissa's impending nuptials
22 Sep 1891all according to planmeanwhile: Emrys furthers his plan to marry Clarissa Cosgrove
24 Sep 1891I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away; I just need one good reason to stayAngelica confronts Emrys, who makes a confession

The following 2 users Like Emrys Selwyn's post:
   Angelica Selwyn, Melody Crouch

Bree made this!

NCE: The Prologue
The pre-marital adventures of Reuben Crouch and Melody Finch.
June 1887Daft Pretty BoysBen and Mel meet when she accidentally gets cursed by an artifact he fenced
June 1887Feels Good At FirstBen and Mel's relationship develops
1887 - 1889Just a NoteMost of the relationship development happened with another character, and Melody was created while that character was inactive. So there's a big gap here where a lot happened, including: Ben getting caught sneaking into Melody's window, her father approaching Aldous with an ultimatum, and Aldous shipping Ben off to Canada for 6 months to keep the peace. On his return, they had a frosty relationship because he had been extensively threatened not to get involved with her again.
20 July 1889Shadow LivesBen and Melody accidentally reconnect after a long hiatus
31 August 1889Just Another Girlwhen you're ship is in trouble, why not get someone drunk?
13 September 1889Boys Like You... or get them locked in a confined space?
4 January 1890Come to My Windowafter her betrothal is announced, Ben gifts Melody an illegal potion meant to make her marriage easier
14 February 1890A Series of Unfortunate Decisionson the cusp of Melody's wedding, she makes an impulsive decision to sleep with Ben — and subsequently uses the potion he gave her on him!

MJ made this <3

HoneyApple
Ezra Applegate and Rosalie Hunniford were very much in love, until Rosalie suddenly ended their engagement a month prior to their wedding. There was no reason publicly given. Now things are... fraught. The fact that Ezra's family suffers from a blood curse they literally can't talk about, and that Rosalie has some misconceptions about the nature of that curse, certainly doesn't make anything easier.
1889 - 1890The curtain rises on Ezra and Rosalie blissfully preparing to marry.
April, 1890Falling Apart to HalftimeEzra has a secret he didn't really plan to share with Rosalie, but it manages to come out anyway... though what he says is not what Rosie hears.
February, 1891maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all upEzra, fresh from a year of Hell, and Rosalie, fresh from her rebound healing internship, dip their toes back into society — but end up running into each other and being real sad about it
May, 1891the kind of love that only drives you madAt the Hogwarts Coming Out Ball that year, Ezra has recovered enough to be angry at Rosalie for everything that has happened. In turn, Rosalie is rather miffed about him dancing with fresh debutantes.
July, 1892dancing after deathEzra is having a difficult time with his blood curse; Rosalie helps get him home from the party.
IC DateThread Titlea description of the thread goes here

View a Printable Version