Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Earth Magic
So, I have no idea what the actual subject of Earth Magic is really about. Is it magical geology to Herbology's magical biology? How does it affect the magical community? How is the class at Hogwarts run? What careers can be heavily tied to this subject? I don't know if it's been brought up before, so sorry if this is a repeat question. I'd just love to get some solid on-site canon so I know what my characters are working with.

I always assumed it was magical geology/geography - and would be to alchemy what herbology is to potions. That is to say an art in itself but deeply complementary to something else.
But take with a pinch of salt because you know...

[Image: NObv2Tw.jpeg]
we did have a discussion about it on the old board

I always assumed it was about gem stones and how to use them to cleanse energy and stuff.

I also had a thread in the past where the characters were learning how to make the ground fertile with gemstones.

The following 1 user Likes Ellory Lestrange's post:
   Reuben Crouch

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

[Image: spldSej.png]
SET BY MJ
I know in the books, shovels were involved.

I like the idea of it being a magical geology-meets-physical-geography—things like the properties of various rocks and gems, understanding how the earth works to aid in more dramatic spells, theory behind warding large chunks of land, etc. Useful for those going into farming/land use, architecture, protective magics, and those interested in the "big questions" about the earth?

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
New headcanon: the eruption of Mt Vesuvius was an earth magic experiment gone horribly awry

The following 2 users Like Balthazar Urquart's post:
   Angelica Selwyn, Zenobia Zabini

[Image: bPQ55w6.png]
mj makes pretty things!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version