Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Trip Down Memory Lane
10 February, 1891
Professor Cramming,

I hope the school year has treated you well (although I feel as though I open every letter with this, so feel free not to comment this time).

One of the plot point in my upcoming novels focuses on a collection of magical papyrus scrolls, and only after I submitted it for a first round of editing did it dawn upon me that I must have taken inspiration from a tale you told me many years ago. Is it not you who discovered them in Egypt? Of course, I will rework the storyline if you take issue with being used as inspiration; I would much rather have this conversation now than when you pick up my book and decide to send me a scalding letter.

Forever in your debt,
Mr. Julian Fisk

Carmelina Cramming

gorgeous set by MJ<3
13th February, 1891

Mr. Fisk,

A scalding letter! I would never — perhaps I would sneak a mild curse onto the parchment, but my letter would still be perfectly pleasant.

Of course I’m only teasing, because I don’t mind any of those papyri showing up in your novel, nor anything else familiar to me (unless it were a villain who suspiciously shared my name: then I would take wild offence). But I’m not surprised you’ve had to start pilfering bits and pieces from other people — what number book are you on, now? I doubt anyone could have had quite so many adventures in their life as that, even you.

So what’s the plot of this one?

Yours fondly,
Carmelina

15 February, 1891
Professor Cramming,

But a curse would be such a predictable response; surely you would wish to throw me for a loop by sending a howler instead?

I tease as well. Look for your spot in the dedication page: "To Carmelina Cramming, my unwitting but ever-so-kind victim in this installment." This is the ninth one, but the third in a series I began shortly after the Irvingly fog. I would have been a fool not to capitalize on the sudden market for adventure-mysteries.

Sometimes I fear that I'm running out of ideas, but it seems every conversation I have leads to new ones. Now that I think about it, you do have the makings of a perfect villain. Smart, sensible, unsuspecting—you could curse a man and he'd seek your help breaking it.

Perhaps another book? I'm not sure you'd fit so well in this one. The protagonist is a Hogwarts graduate who makes an unbreakable vow with such vague wording that he'd forced to embark on a quest across Europe to prevent his own death. You don't seem the sort to trick men into unbreakable vows, do you?

Yours always,
Mr. Julian Fisk

Carmelina Cramming

gorgeous set by MJ<3
19th February, 1891

Mr. Fisk,

I have to raise my voice at misbehaving youths often enough these days to warrant never sending another Howler if I can help it! It makes me relieved not to be a parent, I tell you.

Nearly nine books! I imagine you have been capitalising rather well on all those sales. Do you ever still miss the adventuring days? I daresay the writing side of things must be slightly more comfortable, a little less fraught with danger?

Though you would be in danger if you had not done so well at making ‘villainous’ seem a compliment. But on that topic, you’re quite right, I cannot think what I would gain in tricking anyone into unbreakable vows. I am rather excited to read this one, though; a quest across Europe for one’s own survival sounds lovely. Perhaps I will have to make those my summer plans.

As ever, of course, I am
your loyal reader,
Carmelina

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Clementine Greengrass
December 31, 2021 – 1:28 PM
View a Printable Version