Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

The Hufflepuff for Julius Scrimgeour.
The new summer musical hit, The Greatest Broman!
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
See your character from sorting through graduation by completing at least one post each year (10+ posts, 3+ yours) and participating in the initial sorting ceremony.
>
<

Lookin' for A Mind at Work | Lady's Networking
Open 

bienvenue
❧ 25 • GMT - 8 • SHE/HERS ❧
Hello and welcome to my networking! My name is Lady and here you can see who I have available for networking! My plotting preferences are pretty par for the course on Charming. I like relationships to happen organically, and I am a sucker for plots. Mostly right now, I am looking to solidify relationships with my characters, and join some plots. As for thread preferences: I genuinely abhor meet n' greet threads, unless there is some underlying pre-planned occurrence. I'd rather the thread have a certain trajectory or goal in mind, however I do not want to 100% shoot down anything in advance. If you have an idea, feel free to share, I'm pretty flexible ^_^ As for subject matter, I am pretty open to scenes involving gore and violence, however when it comes to themes of a explicit sexual nature I prefer to have a discussion about it beforehand so both parties are not surprised about outcomes. When in doubt, just ask! I love to bounce ideas back and forth.

charming goals
ACTIVITY
I'm my worst critic, and imo, my activity as of late has left much to be desired. My goals are really just to maintain activity and not over flood myself with threads and projects. I hope to keep better track of my threads with my spreadsheets Satan I blame you for this recently-developed obsession, and have less. dead. threads. #CompleteTheThread2k19 xD

GRAPHICS
I do have a graphics shop where I try and control the flow so I don't get too overwhelmed, so my goals there are just to be consistent but also know when I need to dial it back while being mindful of the current requests in the shop and their expectations.
updated: 25 July 2019

❧ 24 • ucpb • ravenclaw class of '83 • rep: 10 • debutante ❧

Diana is a quiet one, more introverted amongst mixed company than extroverted.

Friends: She socializes a lot among the upper-class, however certain branches of her family are middle class, so those of respectable repute would definitely be among those she spends her days with!

Enemies: Diana's a sweet soul, and doesn't like conflict, so these wouldn't be direct "enemies" – more like people who think she's too much of a goody-goody.

Lovers: Diana had someone in her adolescent years that she was very much attached with, and I'd like to find someone who fits the bill!! I imagine them as being male, perhaps a little bit reckless and someone that can draw her out into public more often; she's more likely to curl up with a good book rather than socialize. Whatever their situation now, I'm open to suggestions (heartbreak is always fun) >D

School-mates: Diana was Ravenclaw class of 1882, so anyone around there would be someone she likely knows or has had some sort of contact with. After school was over, she joined the Pendergast School for Young Roses until she was of age to graduate - anyone attending the school from when it was founded in 1884 to 1886 would most definitely know her!

❧ 36 • mchb • slytherin class of '71 • rep: 9 • Auror ❧

On the 28th of February 1887, Ben was on a mission and fell and hit his head. After suffering from retrograde amnesia, Ben's regained 99.9% of his memory and is "good as new", for lack of a better word. He's back to his prank pulling, wise cracking self. The only thing that's changed is possibly the fact that he's even less judgmental since before December and less weighted down.

Co-workers: Ben's a wonderfully personable human being and likes to pull good-hearted pranks. His heart is made of gold and he would have most likely gotten along with everyone he could back in his Head Auror /Auror days. He also visited both hospitals enough to be on a first name basis with a few employees, so if you have ideas for friendship ideas, feel free to spit them my way. I'm not opposed to back-dating threads to establish friendships as well!

Enemies: Being an auror, Ben most likely has enemies lying about. I've kept what kind of mission he was on pretty open-ended, so if anyone has ideas that would trickle into his current life, by all means throw your ideas at me!

Lovers: Since regaining his memory, Ben's professed his feelings for Ari (who is now a married man). He's pretty caught up in his feelings for Ari, however....when he was in Donegal, he developed feelings for one of his co-workers, Sean. Nothing happened between them, however I'm up for plotting if anyone wants to throw a wrench in BenAri tantics >D

❧ 15 • mcpb • gryffindor • rep: 9 • fifth year gryffindor ❧

Cordelia here is my current (and shiny new xD) Gryffindor student! Unbeknownst to her, she has a condition called synesthesia. When people speak, she can taste whatever flavor their voice gives her; her emotions give her similar sensations. Music is a forte of hers because it causes colors to flash and swirl before her eyes (think this scene from Ratatouille), which therefore gives her perfect pitch. She can often be found in the music room, as it's the one environment besides complete silence where she can control what she sees and when. Early on in her years at Hogwarts, she realized that not everyone has this ability and thus she's terrified it might actually get out and ruin her chances at decent connections in life. This realization causes her to be rather guarded at first, however to most people she's friendly and falsely open, often doling out advice where she sees fit. Whether her motivations are nefarious or not usually remains to be seen by both parties. This girl is a "keep your friends close and your potential enemies closer" kind of gal.

Classmates: Calling all Gryffindors! Let's hash out what Cora's relationship with your characters are, I'd love to see some interesting dynamics between them.

Friends: @Beatrix Borgin I'd love to have some threads between them!

Enemies: @Holliday Fudge & Co. same as above xD

Lovers: Cora's a tad young, but I'm not opposed to some harmless flirting on her part ;)

❧ 27 • mchb • ravenclaw class of '79 • rep: 7 • potion & plant healer @ st mungo's; activist ❧

Standing at 6ft tall, Kingsley is an awkward, loveable and occasionally scatterbrained healer at St. Mungo's. He's got an IQ through the roof, but unless you've known him for a long time, he doesn't enjoy flaunting that fact. He's down to earth and not one to spout out any emotion that he's thinking. He can prove to be an intimidating figure if need be however, he always feels the need to apologize afterward. He rarely raises his voice in mixed company and has an awkward sense of humor.

Friends: REVS this is where y'all come in! His best friend is Jude Wright, so if you have a problem with Jude, you have a problem with King. Often at the meetings, his tall person can be seen folded into a chair and observing the scene through wire spectacles. He pitches in often when they talk about crowd control and events where there's a possibility for people to get hurt. He tends first and foremost to their members and can be a good source of advice whenever needed. He's also chucked a fair amount of glasses of water at Kieran when he's gotten too drunk.

Co-workers: King is a good co-worker and gets along with a lot of people. As I said, he doesn't like to flaunt his intelligence, but he can tend to prattle off statistics that might annoy people from time to time. I imagine that his close co-workers know he can be scatterbrained at times and forget where his glasses are. Like at home, he has a bad habit of summoning them to him, which tend to catch people in the eye, head, person, what-have-you.

Lovers: King isn't looking for anyone at the moment, but I'd love to get him in awkward situations with anyone! I personally feel his sexuality might swing more towards women, but I'm not opposed to hurling him at anyone!

❧ 20 • mchb • gryffindor class of '86 • rep: 8 • creature induced injuries healer @ hogsmeade hospital ❧

Being a MacFusty, Tilda's family is not unknown to the mass public; while the more talked about side of her family are her cousins, Tilda still has strong ties to them, and thus your character (if they are more traditional) might think that Tilda was raised practically wild. She's a strong-willed Gryffindor who isn't afraid of a fight, but has a heart of gold. She's wildly empathetic when it comes to animals, but isn't squeamish when it comes to human functions and healing.

Friends: Any friends Tilda has would most likely be from school. She was Prefect as well as Head Girl, so if your character attended Hogwarts within 1879-1886, they would probably have known about her, if not, interacted with her. Other known acquaintances would be those patients she's treated. She tries to keep to confidentiality, so unless a patient acknowledges her in public, she'd most likely act as if she doesn't know them.

Co-workers: She works at Hogsmeade Hospital at the moment in the Creature Induced Healing wing! If you have a healer / hospital worker that would know her, let's talk connections! She's personable, but again, if your character is rather traditional, then they might be cordial towards each other at best.

Lovers: While Tilda might not mind that she has remained single all these seasons, I would like to hurl her like no other, so send me your male hurls please!!

❧ 27 • wchb • gryffindor class of '80 • rep: 8 • apprentice magizoologist ❧

Amelia is an apprentice magizoologist at Podmore Zoological Gardens. She can often be seen tending to the gardens there as well as taking care of the animals. Her favorite animals are the mooncalves, however she's less enthused when she has to chase them around in order to herd them. To help her, she has Penny, her australian shepherd who can often be seen trailing next to or behind her when she's walking to work. She currently lives in Irvingly, however has a fondness for Hogsmeade, so will often make trips into town when she can.

Friends: Amelia has made acquaintences and friends across the board, however I'd like to get her more friends! Anyone who would enjoy Amelia's love for animals, and doesn't mind that she's a spinster.

Enemies: She hasn't made many enemies so far - I'd like to see her in a situation with a disagreeable person, see hwo she fairs.

Lovers: Her last ship with @Barnabas Skeeter went up in delightful flames, and she's marked as officially a spinster! While not too bothered by this, as her creator I say she needs some more hurls, so please let me know if you have anyone you'd like to hurl at her!

❧ 24 • wchb • rep: 3 • con-artist; barkeep at the hog's head ❧

Hestia grew up in a travelling carnival that frequented multiple spots over a number of years. Growing up on the streets has made her rather frank about her outlook on the world at large. The fact that she grew up around entertainers, however has made her an easy and amiable conversationalist with anyone willing to speak to a person of her status. She is a con-artist, so her genuineness can be deceptive and seamless, though she mostly targets those she thinks deserve it. When among company of similar repute, Hestia loves to socialize and help out where she can.

Friends: Most of Hestia's friends would be working class; and not of the reputable level. She enjoys boisterous crowds and doesn't shy away from crude or crass behavior. Throw all your inappropriate VE behaving charries at her!

Enemies: Literally anyone who's caught her in the act of stealing or who just hates people who blatantly shun the status quo.

Lovers: In my mind, Hestia hasn't had any lovers thus far but it's mostly because I didn't really think of many for her. In reality, she likely has had one or two, so do let me know if you have any ideas!

Family: I'd love to establish relationships with the Foxes/those who she's currently close to! @Simeon Fox / @Jay Fox / @Imogen Fox

❧ 128 • wc vampire • rep: 2 • rogue vampire ❧
Have you ever met someone who can seem completely normal one moment, then completely unhinged the next? Did you have that sinking feeling that once left to their own devices, they'd willingly and unblinkingly play with and destroy everything in their path?

ENTER: AZAZEL

She's a vampire first and foremost, and she plays her part well. The world is her stage, and if you encounter her, consider yourself disposable. In terms of encounter with other characters, I'd like to see Azazel encounter other vampires in the area - she'd not be a pleasant encounter, but she'd have more fun making fun of people who think vampires and humans can live side by side. She thinks Vampires, though non-magic, are the ones who should be on top. She's irrational, she's frustrating, and she can turn on a dime when it comes to her emotions.

Friends: The girl doesn't really do friends. Anyone who has something resembling a positive feeling towards Azazel would potentially just want something from her; and she would want some thing in return. She's great fun when she wants to be, but only if you play by her rules. Unless she's hungry, she might just look at you as another annoying bystander. If you're food, then prepare to be played with before the bitter end.

Enemies: This, Zel would have in abundance, however most wouldn't know she's here in Hogsmeade - if you think you have an idea to make her face the consequences of her past actions, I am all for plotting!

Lovers: As stated above, Azazel doesn't usually do something unless it's for personal gain. She doesn't discriminate, but she doesn't really have any real romantic notions as of late.

[Image: b7eO1O.jpg]
Updated!

Updated to include Cordelia's networking as well as Amelia's, which I didn't realize I hadn't finished....

[Image: rIm9B8.png]
– MJ is a magical human being and I <3 her –
No doubt I fully intended to friend-hurl @Frida Lestrange at Cordelia whether it ends up being a genuine friendship or more of a one-sided thing. The best type of friends for Frida are "acceptable on paper but unconventional in-person" and Cordelia fits that description well enough, so I'm here for it ^^

Want to help ruin the social lives of your favorite characters? Contribute to Witch Weekly!
(June 27, 2019 – 3:15 AM)Edric Umbridge Wrote: No doubt I fully intended to friend-hurl @Frida Lestrange at Cordelia whether it ends up being a genuine friendship or more of a one-sided thing. The best type of friends for Frida are "acceptable on paper but unconventional in-person" and Cordelia fits that description well enough, so I'm here for it ^^

I'm genuinely not sure whether Cora would find her endearing or endlessly naïve but either way I'd love to friend-hurl them!

Seeking Organization for Faliure* Socialite
*in the eyes of her mother
I am still blaming Kayte for unintentionally pimping this character to me, even though she isn't a Kayte adoptable

I am creating this lovely character! She's part of the Fawley family and yes...she's a socialite :P I'm looking for an organization she can be a part of/be a patroness to; mostly to get her more IC connections, but (while I have a rough idea of a character arc for her) also to throw her out there and see if anyone else has any plots they need to be filled with someone like her.

A little overview:
  • 24 y.o.a.; former Ravenclaw
  • From a respectable UCPB family
  • Her mother (like many UCPB mothers) is very expectant of her to fulfill her duties as a daughter and get married. The fact that she hasn't done so yet hasn't made her the light of the family and Di feels it, which causes her distress at times, and makes her feel like a bit of a failure.
  • She's kind, bookish, nurturing, and superstitious.

She could very well give me a reason to bring back @Violetta Lestrange since I miss her, but alas, I have no organizations to offer other than a poorly-orchestrated group of dramatic women. :P
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edric Umbridge's post:
   Amelia Evans

Want to help ruin the social lives of your favorite characters? Contribute to Witch Weekly!
Well, her fate's not yet determined, there's still a chance for her to join that latter group xP It looks like she and Violetta would make for good friends, so let me know if you ever bring her back!

I would love some @Cordelia Fawley times with Trixie! Do you want to do a backdated thread or shall we crack on with something new?

Marlena would totally not object to @Amelia Evans being a spinster, just putting that out there...

As for @Diana Fawley I LOVE HER ALREADY! I can offer you @Minnie Pendergast who is returning to be a #failspinster and they're the same age, same background, similar disposition so should 110% be friends. I can offer you @Enoch Rosier as a hurl and you would have to double check with Kayte but she might be a good patroness for St Mungo's Home for Inconvenient Children (though that feels like a married socialite sort of thing) or she could be a trendsetter/patroness for @Ailsa Fraser's underwear empire!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beatrix Burke's post:
   Amelia Evans

[Image: bylal6.jpg]
Lady made me gratuitously sexy
(July 6, 2019 – 4:50 PM)Beatrix Borgin Wrote: I would love some @Cordelia Fawley times with Trixie! Do you want to do a backdated thread or shall we crack on with something new?

Marlena would totally not object to @Amelia Evans being a spinster, just putting that out there...

As for @Diana Fawley I LOVE HER ALREADY! I can offer you @Minnie Pendergast who is returning to be a #failspinster and they're the same age, same background, similar disposition so should 110% be friends. I can offer you @Enoch Rosier as a hurl and you would have to double check with Kayte but she might be a good patroness for St Mungo's Home for Inconvenient Children (though that feels like a married socialite sort of thing) or she could be a trendsetter/patroness for @Ailsa Fraser's underwear empire!

Trixie/Cora: at some point I’d love both but I’m totally down for a backdated thread to establish their rhythm! And then also one post-Trixie & Holliday’s fight!

Yes to Diana & Minnie friends! I can see them rescuing each other at society functions whenever the other is #done with everything xD

Excellent! I’ll add those two to my growing list and see what options I have in the end.

And yes for all the hurls for Diana! Once she’s accepted do we wanna do one hurl thread for her and Enoch and one thread for her and Minnie?
Updated!

Updated to include @Diana Fawley and @Hestia!
Throwing Melody out there as a friend for Diana! Diana was a few years above Melody but I could see them somehow becoming friendly since they're in similar social circles and somewhat similar personality wise!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melody Finch's post:
   Hestia
(July 26, 2019 – 2:18 PM)Melody Finch Wrote: Throwing Melody out there as a friend for Diana! Diana was a few years above Melody but I could see them somehow becoming friendly since they're in similar social circles and somewhat similar personality wise!

Ooohhh, for sure!! They'd definitely get along! I could see them rescuing each other from awkward moments at society events. Diana likes to sweep them up as much as she can to save them from unfavorable bachelors xDD
For Hestia!

Soooo she and Jay come from fairly different backgrounds and in general he's very quiet and much less playful than her. xD I imagine that he's always been a little intimidated/wary of Hestia, or at least was at first (just because in my head atm he and the Hound aren't the closest in the fam). That said they both seem kind of ~curious souls interesting in tinkering with things, so there's definitely room for them having bonded over time!

Lmk on that, but I also have @Leila Scott who's a co-worker at the Hog's Head, and about her age!

For Diana, while I'm here... These are less useful, but she'd probs know/know of my UC ladies; Calliope unfortunately has no patience for bookish people so would dislike her for that alone. Phyri usually likes fellow Ravenclaws alright but doesn't go out of her way to bond with well-behaved society types unless they make a particular effort with her. xD

[Image: 3HEmwct.png]
(August 4, 2019 – 10:36 PM)Jay Fox Wrote: For Hestia!

Soooo she and Jay come from fairly different backgrounds and in general he's very quiet and much less playful than her. xD I imagine that he's always been a little intimidated/wary of Hestia, or at least was at first (just because in my head atm he and the Hound aren't the closest in the fam). That said they both seem kind of ~curious souls interesting in tinkering with things, so there's definitely room for them having bonded over time!

Lmk on that, but I also have @Leila Scott who's a co-worker at the Hog's Head, and about her age! 

For Diana, while I'm here... These are less useful, but she'd probs know/know of my UC ladies; Calliope, unfortunately, has no patience for bookish people so would dislike her for that alone. Phyri usually likes fellow Ravenclaws alright but doesn't go out of her way to bond with well-behaved society types unless they make a particular effort with her. xD

Ahahah I love the sound of Hestia & Jay. I can definitely see him being wary of her at first, if not intimidated. I imagine as a younger kid she might have been a bit more obnoxious and pestering because she's used to asking people/her co-workers so many questions at the festival – so I can also see her being a bit more oblivious  to the fact that he was wary of her. Currently though, I imagine she has probably mellowed out. And I definitely like the idea of them having bonded overtime over tinkering with things! Would you want to do a semi-backdated thread with them, perhaps around 1879-1880 or so?

YES I'd love a thread with Leila, though I'm not sure if Leila would like Hestia? Hestia would definitely like Leila, but since Hestia's a bit more outgoing then Leila, I'm not sure if she'd just annoy her or grow on her with time xD

So I love thinking of what Calliope's inner monologue would be about Diana xD and here Diana probably thinks Calliope is perhaps a bit brash at times (if you think Calliope wouldn't try too hard to be a bit biting if they ever met), but means well (LOL sry Di). Also I could totally see Diana being intimidated by Phryi. Debutante committed to spinsterhood and doing what she wants? Totally Diana's dream she's too scared to realize. She's probably not really participated in the same conversation as Phyri but admires her spunk from afar. I'd be interested in seeing what they'd be like together at some point in the future (near or far, I dont really have too much of a sense of urgency).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hestia's post:
   Jay Fox

[Image: rbQSpY.jpg]
(August 8, 2019 – 6:00 AM)Hestia Wrote: Would you want to do a semi-backdated thread with them, perhaps around 1879-1880 or so?

That would be fab! Just give me a yell if you want me to start it xD

[Image: 3HEmwct.png]