Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Agnes Binns for Zachariah Binns.
At least she means well?
He has touched my ankle and seen me with my hair down (not intentionally, of course!), so I'm pretty sure I already know what it feels like to be married.Helga Scamander in Helga's Boy Book
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete seven threads where your character displays each of the Seven Deadly Sins — Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, and Greed!
>
<

A Charitable Cause
Open 
16th January, 1891 - Dueling Competition

Entering the dueling competition had not been Bertie's idea of a good time. While a skilled wizard, he was not skilled at dueling. He was perhaps too pensive for such pursuits - his reactions were far too slow. No, he was much happier watching the duelling than he was participating.

He had come for two reasons. Firstly, to watch the dueling - but secondly he wanted to support the charitable cause. Bertie had already made a donation. As well as used it as an excuse to make a sizeable bet on the outcome of the event.

Bertie stood amongst the crowd. His mother had chosen his outfit that day, so he was dressed in sharp muggle fashion. He studied the pavillion, watching the comings and goings. He was particularly on the lookout for the competitors, trying to assess their mental state and how that would affect their duelling. Perhaps that would affect his betting for the day.

"My money's on Avery," he said to the person next to him, "He is an auror after all. That is surely highly advantageous."