Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Carson Bixby for Sloane Bixby. You can take the middle-aged man out of quidd—oh, apparently you can't.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Saturn's Networking
Open 

Greetings! You can call me Saturn, and I'm a 20 year old actress from the United States in the PST timezone. I'm going to be honest and say I really have no idea how to properly convert USA times to GMT times, so I think it's GMT -7? But that could be inaccurate. Anyway, thank you for stopping by my Networking thread and a big thank you to Lynn for this beautiful tabbed code I get to use. If you want to write with me, I would prefer it if you would just post in here with your ideas, but if for whatever reason that makes you uncomfortable and you'd rather talk in private, please message Jonathan St. Claire as that's my main account. I don't have Skype, but I have Discord and I'd rather that not be public so if you'd like to add me, please send me a private message for it. Thank you~! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

April 8th, 2018

Elisabeth Cadden
15 | uchb | '84-'91 | ♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
4th year ravenclaw

Elisabeth is the youngest of the Cadden children and she's known to be uptight, studious type person.  She's the kind of girl who hands in her paper at least a month before anyone even considers glancing at  it. Not only that, but she can be rather strict about following the rules and might be a bit of a tattle-tale  which might lose her potential friends. But despite this, she's actually a sweet girl who is willing to make  friends with just about anyone so long as they're polite. She also makes a wonderful study-buddy! She isn't real gossipy or anything about enemies, but she might follow you around until she finds something to snitch about you on. As for lovers, she's only fifteen and only in her fourth year, so some cute crushes and first kisses might be fun to explore.

Jonathan St. Claire
17 | ucpb | '81-'88 | ♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
7th year slytherin

Jonathan is president of the Leisure Sports club at Hogwarts and has been an active member of the club  since he first joined Hogwarts, so he's bound to have made plenty of friends just from that, or perhaps  other UCPB in his house or other houses, though he isn't fond of Hufflepuffs...he thinks they're rather  soft in the head. He's considered of conservative, blood purity standing so this may lead him to some  enemies, but he doesn't seem like the kind of man to change his mind anytime soon. As for lovers,  Jonathan is not currently betrothed to anyone, but any lady he takes interest in will have to be a high reputation, UCPB - Jonathan is bisexual so if anyone is interested in a super secret discreet plot with him, I'm interested in it, though he's ashamed.

Hyperion Dearborn
26 | mchb | '72-'79 | ✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
magical bugs healer, st. mungos

Hyperion works as a Healer at St. Mungos in the department that takes care of injuries due to Magical  Bugs and is a Gryffindor alumnus. In school, he was mostly well behaved but sometimes he joined in a  few pranks with his housemates and was a bit of a rowdy boy until he got a howler from his mother. He  always followed his elder brother around like his idol but since he went downhill because of the death of  their sister, he's on his own now. As a friend he's fiercely loyal and surprisingly empathetic, but as an enemy he is known to want to actually fight you and have to be held back by his friends. Romance wise he's a bit of a romantic, he's not taken, but he's had a few secret relationships with men, as he's bisexual. Hyperion is hurlable in case you're looking!

None.

Men

Hyperion Dearborn
  • He is looking for a woman of MC+, AB, and a reputation of 5+.
  • Interested in plots with secret hookups or relationships with men.

Women

None.

[Image: pyyN42.gif]
Hello, and welcome to the site, Saturn!

My most obvious candidates to interact with Jonathan would be these two, though I'll briefly list my other students as well in case you can think of anything you would like to do!

Magdalene Cadden who is also a Slytherin, though a sixth year rather than a seventh. She is an UCHB, though her family plays no known connections to muggles for multiple generations. Honestly, she is probably the most respectable of my females oops i should fix that and her family is know for Quidditchy things and she herself is the commentator for the school games. Her only real knock is being a ginger. As for personality she pretty chill and content to go along with things and over all pretty nice.

Germander Macnair also, who is a fifth year Ravenclaw who would be in the UCPB circle with Jonathan but he is a bit of a butt and not very social. Very academically inclined. He can be coxed into conversation though with a bit of effort and would likely prove a loyal friend if it ever reached that point.

I also have Calla Potts (first year hufflepuff) and Iziza Noel (a sixth year who would have been a seventh if not for the band - however she is wc and a half-goblin sooo).

[Image: mag2.png]
i love rune sets.
Welcome Saturn!
Hope Crawford, Mundungus MacFusty and Owain Edwards are all in his year but all are halfbloods.

Archelaus Abney and Sage Macnair are both much younger but are UCPB's with Sage being from a prominent family. Rupert Bingham is there also and is a sixth year. I think they would get along super well.

this is my networking if you want to read a little more about each with quick facts being available when you hover over their icons.

Hiya, Saturn! I know we chatted on Discord, but I'll leave these here for you anyhow~

My most obvious connection would be Handsome Whitledge, who is a seventh year Gryffindor, head boy, and a keeper on the Gryffindor quidditch team. He was also president of the Leisure Sports Club from 1886-1887, but then left that position (he's still in the club!) to handle the Dueling Club! He's generally nice and everything, but has no time for asshats who make no attempt to hide their asshatt-yness. Will take points if perturbed. Beware. :P

Holly Scrimgeour is my first year Slytherin and Not Very Nice to most people unless she thinks she can get something form them in some way or another. She'd definitely try to appease him, but if he's combative she'll likely stick her tongue out and say something under her breath about all boys being unmanageable.

Ernie Nuffer probably thinks he's an asshole, but a very cute asshole because he's #gay. Probably wouldn't make any attempts to befriend or hit on him, most likely because all rich people are obviously assholes.

bee made me this set and i love it
Post Log
I'll only have have two students, Daffodil Potts is my seventh year Ravenclaw. An MCHB, she's a plant nerd, hippie and all around space cadet. She's a sweetheart though and will chat with anyone about anything.

Sloane Bixby is my first year Gryffindor. MCBH again and an adventurous little sprite of a thing. She might be a tad annoying though.

I also play it herbology professor Mason Skeeter and the headmaster Phineas Black :)

[Image: vVzkgc.png]
Magdalene Cadden

I'm making Maggie's sister as you know, so she'll likely have more connections with you than Jonathan St. Claire will, because he's the actual worst, but I think he'll think she's kinda pretty but he's a purity snob so you know how that goes. But I'm super excited to plot Elisabeth and Maggie. Anyway, I would be interested in a possible friendship with Germander because even if he's on the younger end and a different house, Jonathan needs UCPB friends. Maybe their families know each other or something. Maybe Jonathan could study with him, like introduce him to older year learning or help him with younger homework to get a friendship started.

Roberto Devine

It seems Jonathan and Archelaus have officially met now! Since I joined your open thread, so we'll have to see how that goes; I'm offering any of my students, right now it's just Jonathan and hopefully Elisabeth Cadden if she gets approved, for threads to help the make him prefect cause. Jonathan is interested in making connections so if they are UCPB and from a family that might get him somewhere, he is likely to play nice and be a bit of a kiss-ass. I'm most definitely interested in a possible friendship with Jonathan and Rupert - they can be uncomfortable bisexuals together lmao.

Bella Scrimgeour

High key in love with Handsome, ngl. I feel like he and Jonathan could have some sort of rivalry going on because Jonathan is the actual worst and Handsome has no time for his nonsense. Though, I can see Jon being reluctantly polite to him because he can take points away and he really doesn't want to create a huge rift in the middle of a club meeting or something. Also, Jonny thinks Holly is adorbs and he thinks she will have a fine future and he is always willing to care for baby snakes that he thinks have potential. Ernie seems like the kind of boy that Jon would bully for being working class but lowkey have a crush on and hate himself for it.

Elsie Beauregard

I feel like Jonathan would tease Daffodil a lot because he's a big meanie to those not UCPB and thinks she's dumb because she's a little spacey. Though he might reluctantly ask her for help because he's really not that great at Herbology, which brings me to his interactions with Mason might just be asking for help or extensions on assignments because he wants to take higher level classes in herbology because he's interested in plants, he just isn't the best at caring for them. And I'm not certain on why Jonathan would interact with the headmaster, but I am certainly interested in ideas!

[Image: pyyN42.gif]
(April 8, 2018 – 12:51 AM)Jonathan St. Claire Wrote:
Elsie Beauregard

I feel like Jonathan would tease Daffodil a lot because he's a big meanie to those not UCPB and thinks she's dumb because she's a little spacey. Though he might reluctantly ask her for help because he's really not that great at Herbology, which brings me to his interactions with Mason might just be asking for help or extensions on assignments because he wants to take higher level classes in herbology because he's interested in plants, he just isn't the best at caring for them. And I'm not certain on why Jonathan would interact with the headmaster, but I am certainly interested in ideas!

Daffy probably wouldn't get it, she's just too naive to reason that anyone would actively be mean to her. She would be more than happy to help with Herbology, however! As for the class itself Jonathan would have had to at least scrape by with a A on his Herbology OWL to get into the NEWT level. Mason's lenient on that, but he'd be willing to give help too. As for Phineas, I feel like I should get him out of his office every now and then, and then he slams the door in my face. So. He's useless. I just feel like mentioning him in case anyone has something they'd specifically like to do! I will say that Jonathan is the only kind of student he will tolerate pretty well as a UCPB Slytherin lol.

Additionally! For Hyperion I have Nathalie Jennings who is also a magical bugs healer at St. Mungo's! Sydney Podmore is the AH of Creature-Induced Injuries there as well! He may also know Eugene Scamander who was a Puff the year after him, but they seem to be of similar dispositions!

[Image: vVzkgc.png]
For Hyperion:
As I mentioned in the box, I'd love to friendhurl Ezra Vablatsky at him, largely because Ezra actively needs established friends and I've failed him in this regard >.> I also have his boss' boss, Charles Jameshill. Less immediately useful, Maeve Connolly would have been in his house and year.

For Elisabeth:
Yes yes I know she's not approved yet, but Holliday Fudge is her dormmate so I am being proactive here ;)

— graphics by rune ❤ —
For Hyperion!

I have Bella Scrimgeour, who works in another department as an intern but is still there. I'm always down for threads with her (though you should dissuade me because she'll take up all my attention if given more to do :P)!

Simeon Graves was in his year and was a Ravenclaw, but was UCHB while at school (later he was disowned for his ~liberal~ political values). He had a sizable friend group, but I'm not sure if they would have been friends there unless Hyperion had made an effort!

Tessa Darrow and Helga Scamander are both technically options for hurling partners, but Tessie's a bit close in age to him and Helga has ~social climbing~ ambitions.

Post Log
Hi!

For Jonathan:
Constance Sykes is the matron is Slytherin house and largely exists for the sake of the girls in the house but is available for the boys too if he would ever come to her for anything and/or they get thrown together for some reason. Beatrix Borgin is a fellow pureblood student who doesn't think much of people who aren't!

[Image: Morwenna_SIG_by_Bee.png]
bury me with this Bee set
I don't have any students, but for Hyperion: Reuben Crouch is slightly older than him but was also a Gryffindor, and if Hyperion hung out with an older crowd/his brother's friends they could have been mates in school. Ben is basically the VE equivalent of a frat boy. He lives in a club and gambles for a living at the moment. But on the downlow.

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
For Elisabeth:
Citrine Weasley is her dormmate! Of course, there's all my other students there but she's the main one with cause to interact with her.

For Hyperion:
We already have our plotty thing between him and Philip Aymslowe but I also have Alexander Echelon who was also a Gryffindor! Due to a late birthday, he was a year behind Hyperion.

Quote:High key in love with Handsome, ngl. I feel like he and Jonathan could have some sort of rivalry going on because Jonathan is the actual worst and Handsome has no time for his nonsense. Though, I can see Jon being reluctantly polite to him because he can take points away and he really doesn't want to create a huge rift in the middle of a club meeting or something.

There's not a lot of time to flesh out a full rivalry (graduation coming up soon, ayy), but we could definitely have a snark thread or two in there! Or it could be preexisting!

Quote:Also, Jonny thinks Holly is adorbs and he thinks she will have a fine future and he is always willing to care for baby snakes that he thinks have potential.

Ooh, I'm always up for Holly getting praised by older students whose opinions she might actually care about!

Quote:Ernie seems like the kind of boy that Jon would bully for being working class but lowkey have a crush on and hate himself for it.

bee made me this set and i love it
Post Log
I have our thread roulette thread up!

beauteous set by the wondrous MJ
Post Log
For Elisabeth:
Prudence Browne is a free-spirited, not all rules should be followed type so I think these two would have a dislike for one another. I can see Elisbeth tattling on Pru when she's misbehaving in classes.

For Hyperion:
Finlay Connolly is a magical bugs healer at Hogsmeade Hospital and was a Gryffindor. He's an awkward turtle but I think the two would get on well as friends.