Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Dig
December 12th, 1890 — Miller Residence
Set immediately after this thread | Eavan Miller

A miracle occurred as Beau flew through the bizarre sensation of apparition: he avoided splinching off any vital parts of his body. Perhaps it was his absolute focus on home, or maybe it was sheer luck, but as he landed just outside the wards of his home he couldn't have been more grateful for it. The last thing he needed right now was a very pregnant wife having to rush him to the hospital for some self-inflicted injury.

He immediately crouched to the ground upon landing, his brain struggling to fathom the evening he'd just had. He was right all along, Toby was his son. He had a son, and Odina would never allow them any interaction. More than that, she'd just threatened to fucking kill him for what — telling the fucking truth? Beau growled in frustration, his temper flaring as he grabbed the nearest rock and throwing it towards the fence he'd spent so long fixing up. A piece of wood chipped off, the rock landing on the ground with a less than satisfying thud. Fuck. What the fuck was he to do now?

Beau stood, stalking towards the fence to check the crack he'd just caused. Fuck. Another fucking thing to fix. "God damn it!" He shouted, kicking the fence for good measure.

Eva had been resting when Beau left and so she hardly noticed any mood he might have been in upon departure. The nap had done her a world of good, this last stretch of her pregnancy was exhausting her. It was a huge letdown after having so much energy for the last few weeks.

Thankfully she woke up feeling refreshed and though Beau would probably give her a ration of shit, somebody needed to feed the chickens. They were the only animals currently residing in the farm, but she and Fergus had fixed up the coop first and so it seemed natural to fill it. Plus, they would have eggs any time now!

Humming to herself, she waddled her way into the barn to scoop some feed into a bucket before meandering back toward the coop. They will came running when the saw her, having free range of the yard during the day, when the rock striking the fence initially caught her attention. Then it was Beau cursing loudly.

Eva finished feeding the chickens before making her way toward her obviously upset husband. She was learning slowly; give him some space before approaching. "I'd ask if something is wrong, but there obviously is; do you want to talk about it?" That was probably the best approach for the moment. Eva leaned a hip casually against the fence and tucked her shawl tighter around her arms against the chill.

pregnancy stamp ~27w

5Potfd.png
Any further release of aggression was halted the second he heard Eavan's voice. Had the rock struck her? Was she alright? "Fuck, I'm sorry Eva," he said in a rush before any of her own words sunk in. Right, she didn't know where he'd gone. Fuck, fucking fuck.

Beau gripped the fence post tightly. Pain was blooming where his toes had crushed against the pillar, but he was too angry to deal with it at present. His blood ran too hot, his body too tense with a violent urge to shake Odina until her brains liquified out of her ears. "Odina," he answered tensely. He was going to tell Eva, it was wrong of him to have kept the meeting from her at all. He just hadn't wanted to unnecessarily stress her when he had no answers to provide.

"I saw her, she sent me a fucking portkey and I went. He's mine, which, of course, we already fucking knew. But to hear it...Fuck."

Oh, that was an unexpected response. Though Eva knew that the matter wasn't completely settled, she hadn't been expecting him to go off on some summons from Odina without telling her.

"Oh," Was all she could manage. She tried to keep her expression neutral, but was probably not doing very well with it. What he said did not give her the complete picture of what happened, only that he went (without telling her) and it seemed to have not gone his way. It was however, good for him to have confirmation that Toby was indeed his. Though it didn't solve anything, at least another piece of the puzzle was put into place.

"I take it the visit did not go well?" Her tone was as even as she could muster. It wasn't a far leap to make the connection to his behavior, but she wasn't about to jump to conclusions, that rarely did her any good.

5Potfd.png
"She fucking threatened to kill me!" Beau exploded. Any thoughts of not upsetting Eavan vanished in his frustration. Never — not once — had he considered causing Odina bodily harm, and she'd sent ice shards flying through the room because he'd said some not pleasant things. As if his words were a physical assault that she had to defend herself against. (This was why he never spoke much.)

He barely even noticed the concealed emotions Eavan was having. Instead, he continued on. "The only reason she summoned me at all — summoned! Like I live and breathe for her orders. Like I give a single fuck for what she has dealt with these years. She fucking summoned ne because not taking Toby to the zoo out of avoidance of me was an inconvenience for her." He kicked his aching foot into the fence post again, this time wincing as the pain radiated up his leg. "Fuck!"

Sighing heavily, Eva set the bucket down and rested her hands gently around her growing belly. Though she felt huge, she was, thankfully, not quite the size of a small erumpet, though she liked to joke about it. She could feel her frustration over the situation rising and of course it upset her, made her hurt for him. Her emotions were all over the place and while normal Eva would have also gotten pissed and physical with the fence, pregnant Eva was on the verge of tears.

"You'll break your toes doing that," She admonished lightly, trying to break the tension and hide the threatening waterfall. She really didn't know what to do for him, besides to let him vent the frustrations and listen. Eva didn't really care one bit that Odina was inconvenienced by not being able to go to the zoo; that was their livelihood, her first baby, they weren't going to simply give it up. If she would be an adult about this, and not a petulant child, she would realize that she could stay in the front part or away from the aviary. Hell she could realistically go anywhere, it wasn't as if either she or Beau were going to say anything to them at this point.

"I'm sorry, you didn't deserve that." She sniffled quietly. It was all so unfair. Unfair to Beau, to Toby, to the baby in her womb. The same blood ran through their veins and yet they might know nothing of the others. It broke her heart for all of them.

5Potfd.png
His toes were likely already smashed to pieces, but that didn't stop Beau from kicking the post three more times for good measure. He could hardly bring this aggression into the home he and his wife shared — into their bed. Odina was lucky he hadn't turned to such a blind rage in her presence, lest her son (not his, she decided, never his) become motherless within minutes. The Native was an excellent user of tribal and wandless magic, but Beau was fast and talented at dueling himself. She didn't care him.

"What was the fucking point?" He asked more to the universe than to his wife. That she was teary and sniffling barely registered in his brain, his thoughts too preoccupied with the argument from minutes before. "None. There was none. She just wished to taunt me with it like the evil bitch she is. I don't know what I ever saw in her."

This was not a side of Beau that Eva was used to seeing. She knew he was capable certainly, he worked so hard to contain it all for her sake and she often pushed him close, but now watching it spill over was, well, interesting for lack of a better word. Eva understood his frustration as best she could, could easily see where was coming from, but the rage was a little overwhelming.

There wasn't much she could do but wait him out and would eventually fix a couple of broken toes it looked like. Fortunately she knew how to do that. She swiped at her eyes, hopefully nonchalantly, refusing to add to his stress at the moment. Damn being all emotional at the wrong time.

It wasn't like Eva couldn't understand where Odina was coming from; they had been in the exact same position, though had made vastly different choices in how to handle it, Eva couldn't even imagine the possibility of not telling Beau. Dina may not feel like it, but Beau had just as much right to be in his child's life as she did, Eva simply could not fathom keeping them apart like that. Even if he hadn't wanted to marry her at the time, even if he'd decided not to be involved, she would have been open to letting him have a relationship with the baby, no matter what. Clearly she and Odina were two very different mothers.

5Potfd.png
It was the final swipe at her eyes that caught Beau's attentio. Damn it all to hell, Eva was crying. His fury didn't lessen at the realization (and there would certainly be many sleepless nights in his future) but it was more forcefully pushed aside by his determination to be a decent husband to her. Decent hubsands didn't lose their temper over nothing, and they most definitely have tantrums like a child.

"I'm sorry, Eavan," he muttered defeatedly. This wasn't her fault, none of it was. "Why don't we go in and I'll make you a cuppa? You shouldn't be burdened with this."

Eva waved him off, already embarrassed for tearing up. "Nope, nope I'm fine," She sniffled, voice quivering. "Not your fault." This was not about her. She did not need to be blubbering all over him when clearly he was upset about something they couldn't control.

"I'm sorry, a cuppa sounds good." Discuss it indoors, so she could take a look at his broken toe and fix it and they could discuss this rationally and think it through without her being a sobbing mess or on her feet anymore and why was this so hard!?

5Potfd.png
Reaching forward, Beau wrapped his arms snug around her shoulders. The height difference between them always made hugs a bit strange when they were standing, but he could hardly stand to watch her cry because of his own meltdown. "I shouldn't have lost my temper," he murmured as he bent down to kiss the crown of her head. Naturally, he was still fuming, still seconds away from searching out Odina in Hogsmeade and openly calling her the whore that she was. But, Eva needed him. And he had to at least try for her.

If only for her.

Scooping his hands beneath her knees, Beau lifted her easily into his arms and walked back into their house. His foot was aching something fierce, so much so that he hissed in pain up the few porch steps. Still, he refused to give her more cause for concern tonight. "Get settled," he murmured to her after ensuring she was deposited softly onto the couch. "I'll be back with some tea."

Ah shit. The hug only made it worse. The floodgates opened into his shirt. "N-no, no." She tried to protest. She was meant to be comforting him right now, not the other way around. No. Damn this pregnancy!

Then he scooped her up and she was still a blubbering mess. This was ridiculous. Honestly. He probably had something wrong with his foot and was carrying her into the house, extra weight and all. It was like she weighed nothing at all, like usual, but she still took a second to marvel at it. He deposited her on the couch easily, tears still streaming down her face. All she could do was nod, swiping furiously at them.

"I'm sorry," She managed again, sure he could hear him even in the kitchen. Their cozy little home didn't leave much room for otherwise.

5Potfd.png
He took a few seconds at the stove to gather his thoughts. Eavan shouldn't be dealing with this, of that he was certain. No, Beau would comfort her and convince her to lie down for a bit and then...and then perhaps he would revisit his fence post to smash a few more toes. That, or he'd go over to Murph's for advice. The man knew what it was to have a bastard or two, though his were recognized.

With a cup of her favorite tea in hand Beau reentered the parlor and sat besides her on the sofa. "It's alright, love," he promised. "Don't stress over this. I'm sorry you had to see that."

Ugh what a feeling. Mopping up her eyes, Eva accepted the tea gratefully. "Let me see it." She said after take a calming sip. She had to get her wits about her and often, like him, she needed something to do to take her mind off of the problem at hand.

"I lost my head for a moment, I'm fine." She hated being like that, out of control of her emotions and all. "I just, I don't know, it's a little overwhelming." It was. Though they had known about it for a little while now, there was no resolution and it all seemed to be getting worse instead of better.

5Potfd.png
"It's fine," Beau answered decisively. After all the fighting he had done thoughout his life mending a few toes would be easily remedied. Eavan had to worry about herself and the baby first and foremost, as had been the case since that July evening when she inforned him. "Nothing I can't tend to."

He rested his hand on her knee. "It's incredibly overwhelming, but it's over now. There's nothing left.to be said and we can focus all our attentions on Nola." Or, Eavan could anyway. For there would forevermore be a nugget of grief in the corner of his thoughts for the son he had no right to omow. For the son that had to grow up as fatherless as he. Fucking disgraceful what Odina had condemned Toby to.

"Please just let me fix it." She whispered, pleading just a little; she didn't like to be useless either. "It doesn't have to be over if you don't want it to," She'd support whatever he wanted of course, but knew not to push too hard now. Once he made up his mind, it was unlikely to change and Eva had learned that lesson. Still, she wanted to do something, anything.

5Potfd.png

View a Printable Version