Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Meet Me Under The Mistletoe
Zelda was either going to punch him or burst into tears; with those as the choices, she swung for his face.

The following 2 users Like Zelda Darrow's post:
   J. Alfred Darrow, Nemo Fisk

[Image: xXXD462.png]
AMAZING set by MJ
Tonight was full of unexpected firsts, and not in the good way. He knew Zelda was scrappy and that he was pushing it right now, but he hadn't anticipated her taking a swing at him. She connected squarely with his jaw and he was torn between being impressed and beyond angry.

"Fuck," He hissed out. "Do you feel better?" He didn't and he hated it. Tonight had pushed him over his limit where this whole fiasco was concerned. He rubbed his jaw where she'd gotten him, still pissed at her, but now also pissed at himself.

The following 2 users Like Nemo Fisk's post:
   J. Alfred Darrow, Zelda Darrow

xWC4L6.png
Zelda shook the hand she'd hit him with; her knuckles hurt. Her eyes were wet, but not enough for her to count it as crying - she could almost convince herself that it was just because her knuckles were bruised. She shook her hand again and looked up at the dark sky instead of at him.

"No," Zelda replied.

The following 1 user Likes Zelda Darrow's post:
   J. Alfred Darrow

AMAZING set by MJ
"Me neither," He groaned. "I don't think you're a whore, by the way." He felt a little shitty about that comment, but this is why Nemo worked so hard to keep his temper in check. It didn't come out often and he was usually pretty good at keeping it in check when he started to feel that rise, but tonight he simply hadn't been able to.

"I'm sorry, Zee," He stretched his neck and ran his hand to the back of his head. What a shitshow.

The following 1 user Likes Nemo Fisk's post:
   Zelda Darrow

xWC4L6.png
Zelda pressed her palms to her eyes when he apologized; she couldn't cry in front of him. She couldn't cry in front of him. Her hands felt damp and she was definitely crying in front of him now, but she kept them held there. She had an excellent excuse for her behavior - or what she thought was an excellent excuse - but she could not tell Nemo that she loved Alfred before she told Alfred she loved Alfred, she couldn't, and instead she was sobbing into her hands, held tilted upwards at the sky above them.

"I didn't want to be a debutante," Zelda said, because she had never, not once in her life, claimed to want that. "I didn't think things would be this hard."

AMAZING set by MJ
Oh shit, was she crying? He'd really gone and done it, hadn't he?

A little leery she might punch him again, Nemo stepped forward towards her and slowly wrapped his arms around her gently. "I know," He'd known that for a long time, it just wasn't her path. "You've just gotta think it through and be patient." If she really wanted this to work out with Darrow, she couldn't be trying to ditch her chaperone at every social event.

"I know it's hard when you care about somebody," That one he knew a little too well. And he knew that Zelda would only react like this if it was important. "But you just have to follow the rules on this one." Nemo would have been pretty content to watch from the sidelines of the party if she would have just stayed in sight.

xWC4L6.png
Zelda was, actually, thinking about punching him again. Nemo's words were more or less what she'd been telling herself for months now, and she regained composure quickly, wiping her eyes with her sleeves to get rid of the moisture. "If you tell anyone I cried I'm hitting you again," Zelda said, because it was easier to say that than to deal with any of this - neat little mess she had created for herself in trying to fix things. And she knew if they just kept going, a little bit longer, things would be fine - Brannon had to crack eventually. But it wasn't exactly helpful to have half her family so angry with her all the time.

AMAZING set by MJ
"Understood," He said with one last squeeze before letting her go. "On one condition, no more chaperone ditching, at least not on me. I'll keep my distance of you stay in sight, deal?" He wanted her to be happy, even if he didn't care for Darrow at the moment, Nemo did care about Zelda.

xWC4L6.png
"Yeah, alright," Zelda said, and at least in that moment she actually believed she'd probably follow through with it.

The following 1 user Likes Zelda Darrow's post:
   Elsie Kirke

AMAZING set by MJ

View a Printable Version