Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Agnes Binns for Zachariah Binns.
At least she means well?
He has touched my ankle and seen me with my hair down (not intentionally, of course!), so I'm pretty sure I already know what it feels like to be married.Helga Scamander in Helga's Boy Book
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete seven threads where your character displays each of the Seven Deadly Sins — Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, and Greed!
>
<

Angling
Open 
December 4th, 1890 — Diagon Alley

Ginny's Christmas shopping trips were the bane of her father and brothers lives - she would disappear for a full day and return in the evening with all sorts of fits and fancies to be tried on, perused, modeled and suitably adored. It would perhaps, not have been so bad if it was Ginny doing the modelling but most of the items required them to do the showing off and that was a much more painful affair. They also shared a thought for the footman, or men who were required to accompany her and be loaded down like pack mules by the debutantes shopping excesses.

Coming out of Gladrags the small package that she was herself carrying slipped from her gloved fingers and onto the wet pavement. 'rats!' she fused, the wrapping that the attendant had spent such time nad effort in doing so artfully was ruined and would need to be redone by her clumsier hand at home. As she reached to retrieve it, another hand beat her to it. Recognizing the other, Ginny broke into a broad smile, 'XX How have you been?' she enthused.

[Image: 2SyywhH.jpg]
^  Look what Lady did  ^
Ginny aspires to the ultimate Gibson Girl aesthetic, or whatever the wizardy equivilant would be
He had come to Diagon Alley to try and pick up some Christmas gifts rather than Hogsmeade, firstly so Veronica or Cee were less likely to spot him coming out the bookshop or wherever, and secondly in hopes that the streets would be busy enough with shoppers here that no one would stop and see him, if only so he did not have to engage in some terrible holiday talk with someone he barely knew.

And yet here he was, after all: he had only stooped for the package on the damp ground because he’d nearly stepped on it, and perhaps damaged it worse. When he lifted it up and followed the other outstretched hand, it was to a cheerful face and possibly a more enthusiastic greeting than he deserved.

Miss Blackwood; the Blackwoods were inescapable on the quidditch scene, and with the world cup this summer, their box invitations and the innumerable parties (not to mention the bludger incident), Theodore was in no doubt of recognising Ginevra Blackwood, society butterfly that she was. He could not recall if she knew Cecily any better - probably, Cee was more social than he was - but he fashioned his face into the politest smile he could muster.

“Oh, well thanks,” he offered in response, in no doubt that Miss Blackwood greeted almost every acquaintance and friend the same, despite her social standing and any purist inclinations of her family. “I’ve not been quite so busy as you, I don’t think,” he added - jokingly - with a sidelong glance at a few packages that seemed to be following her. “It’s a little damp,” Theo said with some rue, as he returned the small parcel he’d picked up to her.

Ginny accepted the soggy parcel from Mister Gallivan. It was for her father, so attempting to re-wrap it herself would not cause offense when it was a little more slapdash than the crisp neatness that the shop girl had managed. She laughed as he referenced her 'business', Christmas shopping barely counted as work when one wasn't concerned about price and need only think of whether the person would like the item. Everything Christmas related was a labour of love for Ginny, it was easily her favourite time of the year.

'We shall see you on the 26th won't we?' she asked, she used 'we' because her parents were footing the bill, but most knew that the Hunt was a Blackwood event that Ginny had monopolised since her debut. The planning and execution were entirely her doing, her mother choosing to 'host' the more sedate and stately affairs rather than the revels that Ginny hosted in the Blackwood name. The Gallivan's were of course, shoe-ins for an invite. Despite the possible perception of competition between the Canons and the team her father sponsored, there was little acrimony and Ginny considered herself friends with all of the Gallivans. Mostly because her father always sponsored whichever team came last in the previous year in a usually vain attempt to improve the quality of their quidditch. The Canons were never in any danger from whichever D division team was benefiting from Betram Blackwood's largess.

^  Look what Lady did  ^
Ginny aspires to the ultimate Gibson Girl aesthetic, or whatever the wizardy equivilant would be
He had been almost going to inquire what had been in the parcel; then he could offer his hopes that it had not been ruined like the wrapping, have a short conversation, and then be on his way. Theo had only gotten as far as opening his mouth when Miss Blackwood spoke instead.

“The 26th?” Theodore repeated, creasing his brow in confusion and echoing the words before he could stop himself, which was probably a misstep, made him look gormless or rude. What was on the bloody 26th? He had not been keeping much track of invitations, whether from friends or otherwise; mostly he went wherever Veronica or Cecily shooed him out the door, or begged off to go, well, anywhere else.

Come on, think, he willed himself, widening his eyes as he recalled the date and the Blackwood tradition, hoping he was right. “Oh, the hunt, isn’t it?” He said, and in spite of his haste to come up with it, it was still horribly belated. “I don’t usually get a look in on the invitations,” he joked, a little lamely. “My sister usually takes charge of those.”

His blank expression did not go amiss, but he was hardly to be blamed, gentlemen had a tendancies to go with the flow, especially when they are sisters in need of marriages - better to let them guide the agenda that would suit the men, and the society they preferred than exert an excess of dominance and foist a family member into society they were not engaged by. She was lucky that she and Bertrams interests and social inclinations were so closely aligned, and there were few social doors that were closed to her.

'Oh course it's the hunt!' she admonished him in mock outrage! 'At least if Cecily is looking after it then we should have you all on the 26th!'. She bounced on her heels somewhat, 'You should take part in the Broom race this year!' she added with animation, 'I haven't see you fly since school I don't believe' had they not been so close in age, Ginevra might have considered Mister Gallivan in other way, he was tall, handsome, seemingly good-natured (in that he had not thrown his step mother into the street after his fathers death) and he had more than a passing interest in Quidditch. Unfortunately his age and social rank would likely brook some opposition - her father played at quidditch manager- the fact that the Gallivans business was Quidditch would impress no one in her family and her mother wouldn't be entirely thrilled with a halfblood either but that alone wasn't terminal.

Pity! But it didn't stop the Gallivans being a lot of fun.

^  Look what Lady did  ^