Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Wide Awake
April 3rd, 1888 - North Tower
If dreams aren't really what they seem
Then why am I wide awake watching it all go down?

Elliot had a headache. He also had office hours, which was really the only reason he had come to the North Tower this afternoon instead of hiding away in his quarters. It was also what had him faced with two of his O.W.L. students with his index finger pressed gently to his temple. His head was pounding, and it was not as if he was hungover after Easter Monday in Wales.

(If this was Saturday morning, it may have been a different story -- thanks, Gawain.)

The blinds were drawn and the windows were open to bring in a breeze, but it was not making any difference.

"I'm afraid I'm not feeling very well this afternoon, Miss Ruskin, Miss Lestrange," Elliot said, "So I'll have to combine both of your visits into one."

@"acacia ruskin" Frida Lestrange

avs by Bee!
Frida had been concerned far too long about the contents of their lessons, and more specifically what previous Divination OWL examinations had tested the students on. It wasn't anything too important — definitely not worth risking her professor's health! — but she would've felt very weird leaving when there was another student here.

"Don't feel the need to push yourself too hard, Professor," replied the Hufflepuff thoughtfully, offering him a smile. "I was just concerned about the contents of fifth year Divination and OWL exams. Divination hasn't always been easy for me, and I just want to make sure I'm preparing for the right things," she stated.

set by mj  —
Acacia had been having this idea in her mind ever since Miss Scrimgeour had suggested it, but hadn't had the time to talk to any of her professors about the subject since getting back to school. Having been very focused on studying and wanting to be a model student, she hadn't taken up much time for anything else. But that didn't mean that she wanted a professor to sacrifice his health just so she could speak to him.

Nodding a little when Miss Lestrange spoke, agreeing with the statement that his health should be put first. Well, while she was here, she might as well ask her question and try to make it brief for Professor Carmichael's sake. Letting the Hufflepuff finish speaking, she waited respectfully before adding, "And I was hoping to ask if I may start on some of the next year's material, since I have taken this year before and had received such high marks on my OWLs test." Perhaps she could get a bit ahead in her studies and further prove that she deserves, and has earned, to be in the school.

Magic by Elaine!

So of course both students were after very different things. Elliot grinned anyways; it was always a good sign when students took the initiative, migraine aside. "The good thing about the O.W.L. test curriculum is that it very much breaks things up by method - expect to see tea leaves, crystal-gazing, and palm-reading. We're going to be doing very intense practice of those in the weeks leading up, but I can give you some extra prep as well."

He was happy to work with Miss Frida Lestrange; unlike some of her close and distant relatives, she was mellow in class despite his halfblood status, and did not predict horrific deaths for muggleborn students. Low bar, here.

"As far as sixth year Divination goes -" Elliot broke off. There was a sudden and distinct taste of copper in his mouth, and his gaze moved to settle somewhere beyond the two girls.

sorry for sucking!

avs by Bee!
Frida smiled happily as he began to go over the topics needed. She glanced down every second or another, watching her enchanted quill scribble down bulleted notes at what her professor was saying. He'd moved onto Miss Ruskin for the moment, so her eyes went to read what had been written. Tea leaves, crystal balls — everything was fine.

At least on the paper.

Professor Carmichael went quietly very suddenly, prompting Frida to glance up in alarm. He wasn't passed out, nor teetering on his feet, but rather staring off... distantly. It was almost unsettling to watch.

She turned to Miss Ruskin questioningly, her brows furrowed in conern.

set by mj  —
Being familiar with the material that Miss Lestrange was needing, Acacia considered offering addition advise and possible tutoring if the younger student needed it. Of course, she could offer such things once finished speaking with their professor. Listening intently to his advise towards Miss Lestrange, she was glad that her professors knew what they were talking about. Was it a fulfilling job? What would she strive towards in the future?

Her thoughts were interrupted when he began speaking towards her request, her eyes widened as his sentence was cute short. Glancing briefly at Miss Lestrange, she looked back to their professor with concern. "Professor Carmichael, are you alright?" She asked softly. Watching for a reaction from him, she waited patiently for an answer.

Magic by Elaine!

The sense that something was wrong, that something was coming, pinged so strongly against Elliot's consciousness that for a moment he experienced nothing but whiteness. He stared past them for a moment before it faded, and said nothing.

With the same abruptness as he'd gazed past them, Elliot refocused, blinking at the two girls. "I'm sorry," he said, "Where were we?'

avs by Bee!
Though Professor Carmichael seemed to collect himself after a moment, she could not help recognize the looming eeriness in the air. She glanced at her fellow student, and then, with a gulp, turned back to the professor.

"I- We were just saying that you should get some rest. You look pale," she said stiffly.

set by mj  —
Acacia did wish to have gotten the answers she had come to ask, but she knew that her professor should rest. Nodding to what Miss Lestrange had stated, she had to do what was right, not what was convenient for her. The fact that he was pale did bring up more concern as well. Part of her felt a need to get him to the nurse.

Magic by Elaine!

"I think I'll do just that," Elliot said mildly. If this was the classroom, he perhaps would have said something vague about the Sight working on its own timeline - but as it was, he wanted to just let it go. "Have a good evening, ladies."

avs by Bee!

View a Printable Version