Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

"Angelica" Warrington for Myles Warrington.
I hold my peace, sir? no; No, I will speak as liberal as the north; Let heaven and men and devils, let them all, All, all, cry shame against me, yet I’ll speak.
He has touched my ankle and seen me with my hair down (not intentionally, of course!), so I'm pretty sure I already know what it feels like to be married.Helga Scamander in Helga's Boy Book
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

Break for It
Private 
September 25th, 1890 - St. Mungo's
@Marie-Louise Skovgaard

A week was enough. He had to get out. He'd missed his own birthday! The bruises were fading, yellowed out and he could breathe without being in pain. Clearly it was time to break out. He'd been testing out standing and walking between nurse visits. He could do it without too much pain in his ribs now, move around enough to make an escape home to his mother's house where she could fret and dote on him in peace and he wasn't totally bored with other people about.

He'd been able to toss a shirt over his injuries for the most part, a little careful transfiguration and he was covered respectably. With the help of magic he'd gotten himself dressed well enough to pass healed and hew as going to make a break for it.

After his last nurse had left for the evening (and he was well aware of the shift change) he'd worked up to getting himself up and out of bed and presentable. Peeking into the hallway, he hadn't seen anyone about and decided this was the time to make his run for it.

Unfortunately for him, he hadn't made it very far, attempting to peek around the corner when he found himself face to face with a very pretty set of blue eyes. "Miss Skovgaard, fancy seeing you here."

Ah shit.

[Image: 3HhBWO.png]
delicious biceps brought to you by MJ!
While Malou was not a night person she enjoyed the night shift. There was a certain calm quiet quality about it that appeal to her introverted nature. Unlike in the light of day she often did not have to project such a confident aura about herself, instead most patients just needed her to reassure them quietly as she went about the few tasks needed by them and then blended back into the dim halls of the hospital.

It was late enough now that most of her patients were asleep as she made her rounds, checking through the windows of doors to make sure they were alright, her steps light on the wooden floor. She hadn’t bothered to do a light charm, instead she simply got use to the dim light in the halls, if an emergency came up she would certainly, but until then there was no reason to give extra disturbance to those sleeping.

Rounding a corner Malou came to a startled stop, her heart leaping into her throat at the sight of a fully dressed man in front of her before she recognized him. She would blame the shock on the fact that a murderer was targeting Fallon.

Mr. Hatchitt.” Despite Malou’s rapidly beating heart she put on her best healer smile to accompany her gentle words. “And what are you doing out of bed?” She asked conversationally. The last she had checked, because for Fallon’s sake she had taken an interest in the case, Mr. Hatchitt was due to be in the hospital for a few days yet given the extent of his injuries.

[Image: FLXUg8.png]
An amazing MJ set
Despite her perfectly pleasant approach, Jess had heard enough from Fallon to know that Miss Skovgaard was a no-nonsense sort of healer and he was going to have to push the boundaries of his charms to get away with his escape now.

"Stretching my legs, I'm afraid I can no longer be quite so idle for fear I may go mad." He appealed with a charming grin. Was hoping if he could make it look like he was just ambling about for a bit of a stretch, maybe she would get pulled away for something more pressing and he could slip out.

"I didn't realize you were on the night shift." Or he would have tried sooner. "Doing well this evening?" He kept his voice hushed, knowing it was late, but he was trying to play it cool.

Malou surveyed him with a look that stated her disapproval and disbelief better than her words would. "I see. Perhaps you would like to join me on my rounds then?" She asked smoothly. He certainly wasn't the first patient to make up such an excuse at this time of evening. It happened every year or two by her recockoning.

"I am from time to time." Malou admitted in her quiet voice. "So far I am." Unless the patient in room 913 decided to be any more difficult.

An amazing MJ set
Ah rats. Jess knew that look. He'd received it enough from his mother or one of his sisters over his lifetime to know exactly what she was thinking; she didn't believe him, not one bit. Jess was no moron, but he also wanted out of this damn hospital a bit too much to give up just yet.

"Oh no, I'd only be in the way, still not moving as fast as normal." Or at all really. "Just one lap then back to bed." One lap around the hospital that led to his own bed, yep. That would do the trick.

Not at all.” Malou was quick to assure him with an understanding smile. “I’d rather enjoy the company and I don’t mind moving slowly.” She’d had plenty of patients over the years that she had slowly walked around as they regained their strength. “One lap.” She agreed although if she still felt she was attempting to leave after that she’d have to think of another plan.

They began to walk down the hallway of the wing together, Malou adjusting her pace to match his. She was quiet as she sought about for safe topics to converse that would not indicate just how much she knew of him. “I take it you do not like to be idle.” Malou settled on an observation, careful to keep her tone quiet.

An amazing MJ set
Jess knew his plans were sunk. She was far too cordial about, but there was no arguing with that underlying tone she had. Now he really know what Fallon meant. Not to mention Jess usually had a hard time saying no to such a pretty face.

"One lap it is." Another night of sleep and maybe he could slip out in the morning at the next shift change. Maybe. "What is about healing that calls to you, Miss Skovgaard?" He was always curious about the professions that people chose for themselves. As he shuffled down the hallway with her comfortably, he figured he may as well make some small talk. Plus it wouldn't be a bad idea to get to know Fallon's best friend a little better. Fallon sang her praises often, but Jess knew woefully little about Miss Skovgaard outside of her fierceness in friendship.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesse Hatchitt's post:
   Fallon Abernathy

I always wanted to help people.” Malou’s voice was gentle as she thought back on her decision. It had been an obvious choice then, at least until her parents had died. Her father had always encouraged her curiosity and her mother her compassion, but neither had anticipated this would prepare Malou for such a life. When they had passed away it was the most hopeless Malou had felt, she often wondered had she been there might she have saved them. Instead she had been trussed up in taffeta dresses making banal comments about the weather during the season. It had never been her plan to be simply a wife, in fact she had already applied for an internship when she received the news of her parents, but when they passed she had known that that was what they would want for her. It had been the only time she had wavered from her goal. “It seemed the best way to do that.” She continued after a pause.

And did you always wish to work in magical accidents?” Afterall the two careers were not entirely dissimilar, they dealt with the same things if in rather different ways.

An amazing MJ set