Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
A Dance for A Cause
July 24th, 1890 — Galleon Gala, Wellingtonshire

Edward had never been fond of dancing, but he had always been fond of charity events, so he supposed he could handle a few hours to help young women find work. It became less stressful once he realized he could use the dances to spend time with relatives he otherwise didn't spend much time with.

"Enjoying your stay in Britain" he asked his cousin, Eloise, as they took their turn on the dance floor. "I think I may be forced into taking Minnie to America if she hears anymore about it."

Eloise Manwaring

It felt as though she were being passed from one relative to another tonight, not that she could complain there for as least she didn't have to suffer through the likes of a horrid dancer. The Pendergast's and all the extended branches were all taught to dance as soon as they could walk.

Edward was no different, and Eloise fixed him an easy smile as they stepped about the floor. "Greatly. It's been a joy being home," she answered honestly. America was great, but it wasn't and would never be England. "You and Minnie would always be welcome to stay for a visit. We have plenty of room."

Edward smiled. "Don't tell her that, or you'll have unwanted company on Christmas morning," he chuckled. He briefly wondered whose house he and Minnie would be spending Christmas at, anyways. Last Christmas they'd been married. "What area do you live in exactly? Boston, did I hear?"

"Oh, she would be awfully alone, then. We intend on spending the holidays with the Abercrombie's," Eloise answered. Ford wasn't very thrilled with the decision, but they would be remaining in England until Christmas. "We're in New York City, actually. We have a beach house in Jersey, too."

"Oh?" he said, "I'd heard it was only your intention to stay for the summer." Then again, plans had a way of changing. He briefly considered paying Mr. Manwaring a visit; he'd never had the pleasure of getting to know him before he and Eloise moved to America after their marriage.

"It originally was," she shrugged as much as she could in a dance. Then, they got here and Eloise couldn't imagine leaving so soon. "The topic of Christmas came up and we decided it was time for the children to enjoy a proper English Christmas."

Interesting. He could not contain the next question that came to mind.

"Are American Christmases much different?" he asked, trying to imagine how American witches and wizards—not too different from themselves, but with over a century of development separating them—spent their holidays.

At risking of sounding like a glutton, Eloise laughed, "the food certainly is." Plus, with Linford's family being half native they weren't overwhelmingly devoted to the holiday themselves. "Truthfully, I would like to enjoy the holiday alongside my siblings as well."

Edward could not relate. Holidays were Charles were, to be frank, miserable.

"Well I believe we'll be seeing each other plenty before you return home. You know how our families do holidays," he said with a smile, remembering how he and all the Pendergasts used to lounge around the family homes during holiday break.

The music came to an end, and Edward removed his arm from around Eloise's waist.

"I'm sure," she responded fondly. Their childhoods were all so intermingled it was hard to differentiate who was there and who wasn't. Eloise stepped back and gave her goodbyes. "Until then, cousin."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tilda MacFusty
April 30, 2021 – 2:55 AM
Last Post by Ciaran Midford
September 3, 2020 – 4:14 AM
Last Post by Eloise Manwaring
August 6, 2020 – 8:03 PM
Last Post by Juliana Ainsworth
April 20, 2020 – 12:08 AM
View a Printable Version