Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

Fern-hunting parties became popular, allowing young women to get outside in a seemingly innocuous pursuit with less rigid oversight and chaperoning than they saw in parlors and drawing rooms. They may have even had the occasional romantic meetup with a similarly fern-impassioned beau. — Bree

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Now that he had walked up to them, he couldn't exactly whirl around and get going. That would be rude. And was not, presumably, how straight men seduced their future wives.

Cassius Lestrange in Eyes on the Screen

— Nominate a quote —
The Dozen

Complete a twelve-post thread in which each post has exactly twelve words. At least three posts must be your own.

<
>

Zing! Went My Heartstrings (kit's networking)
Open 
Hello, my name is Kit and these are the currently active characters that I write. Students get their own tab since they can realistically interact with pretty much anyone during school months with the rest of my non-student characters sorted by class. They are listed alphabetically.  Hover over the characters image for some quick facts on them. If you are mobile, simply click on the image.

Disclaimer of a sort: I have a lot of trouble writing completely hetero characters so it can probably be safely assumed that most are heteroflex, at the very least.

LAST UPDATED; April 18th, 2018

Alcyone Slughorn
11 | MCPB | Unattached
First Year Gryffindor

Friends |  Alcyone is the best friend of Madeline Bell and so would get along with people of similar dispositions. She is an adventurous spirit that loves to explore and would gel well with other such people.

Tutors |   Need tutor type stuff for your prefect/potential prefect? I offer Alcyone for such things.

Citrine Weasley
15 | MCHB | Unattached
Fourth Year Ravenclaw; Chaser

Friends |  Citrine is without prejudice and is pretty open with her friendship. She is one of the former dormates of Topaz Urqhart that is openly still friendly and supportive of the teen werewolf.

First Crush |   I would very much like Citrine to develop her first crush so am looking to thread her with people to see if any spark her interest. She is possibly either bisexual or a lesbian so threading with females to figure it out would be helpful, too!

James Baird
17 | WCHB | Unattached
Hufflepuff Sixth Year; Keeper

Girls |  James has a crush on a different girl at any given time and will do almost anything to impress them. One example would be that he joined the Quidditch team despite the fact that his arm is sometimes useless when it comes to throwing or catching things due to a childhood accident that failed to heal properly.

Friends |  James would mostly get along with other working class boys that are not too uptight.

Aleksei Nichols
14 | UCMB | Unattached
Third Year Hufflepuff

Friends | Aleksei is an unprejudiced sweetheart and is very open with their friendship.

Tutors | Aleksei is skilled in potions and would love to have an older student in their life helping them improve even more!

Potential Crushes | Aleksei is only into males and isn't too fussed about the fact though thankfully, they know to not let on about this fact. Likely to have plenty of crushes that don't really need to be requited.

Darling Whitledge
15 | UCHB | Unattached
Hufflepuff Fourth Year

Friends | Darling is a pretty friendly individual and would get along with most people unless they were completely horrid.

Etc | During the half breed ban, Darling went around with a petition to have it reversed so might know some students from that.

Crushes | Darling has yet to have a first crush and I would like to see that happen for her sometime soon! I am in no particular rush, though.

Rupert Bingham
17 | UCPB | Unattached
Ravenclaw Sixth Year; Beater

Friends | These would mainly be upper class, male and pureblood. They are likely to also be of the asshole and bully variety like he is.

Flying Club | Rupert has been president of the flying club since 1886 so if your character is in that club, they definitely know who he is.

Romance |  Rupert has little to no experience in this aside from awkward crushes and attractions since both times the person was a male. He is bisexual with a visual preference for blondes.

Archelaus Abney
15 | UCPB | Unattached
Slytherin Fourth Year; Seeker

Friends | He cares very little for anyone that isn't a pureblood though he can actually be quite nice if he wants to be. Generally, he makes friendships based on the other persons usefulness and whether their beliefs align with his own or not.

Ignatius Quirrell
17 | WCHB | Crushing
Ravenclaw Sixth Year

Friends | He is a very loyal person as well as open-minded. Ignatius is very much for equality and can be a bit of an activist when it comes to fighting for his beliefs. He is likely to get along with similiar people.

Mentor | Ignatius has high ambitions but no real direction. He could use an older person in his life to help him figure that out.

Romance | Ignatius has feelings for Acacia Ruskin but he is also a teenage boy and is prone to developing other crushes. Due to his nature, these crushes would have been friends first.

Sage Macnair
15 | UCPB | Unattached
Slytherin Fourth Year

Friends | His friends would mostly be upper and middle class purebloods. Gender, class and blood actually wouldn't matter too much to him so long as they're intelligent. Due to his inability to properly connect with people that are not his family, Sage's close friends are likely to be very few in number. His closest friends would likely be into morbid things in someway and openly talk about such things with him.

Tutorees | Sage is excellent at potions and is willing to tutor younger students in  it!

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

Needs | Put a small description here!

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

@"Character Name"
## | ACAB | ShipStatus
Occupation

b. 1861
Rep: 5
Upper Class Pure Blood
Gryffindor 73-80
Pest Advisory Bureau Employee
Unattached
Unknown
Application
Alexander William Echelon
Alexander is the dimwitted but charming brother of Hannah Pettigrew.  He lives with his great grandmother Jena in Hogsmeade. He needs the following:

♥ - Friends! He is impulsive, fun-loving and generally one to go with the flow and would get along most with other fellows of this type.
♥ - Coworkers! He never had to work prior to his fathers crimes being exposed and their assets seized but settled into the House Elf Relocation Office before being moved to Pest Advisory after a small mishap.
♥ - Romance! Alexander's sexuality is ambiguous and he accidentally slept with a man who had feelings for him. There is an ad for him. Other than that, he is open to past flings with women.
♥ - Hurls! Alexander is technically hurlable and hurls should be upper class, preferably pureblood, and over the age of eighteen. It is my headcanon that he ends up marrying a woman just as ditzy as he is.

b. 1869
Rep: 9
Upper Class Pure Blood
Slytherin 80-87
Pendergast Rose
Unattached
Demisexual
Application
Clarissa Genevieve Cosgrove
Clarissa is a prim and proper Pendergast Rose that has a thing for bad boys. She needs the following:

♥ - Friends! Her friend circle would mostly be other girls of the ladylike variety. She is pretty open with her friendship though and wouldn't cut out a friend due to scandal if they were close enough. She is unapologetically friends with girls like Bella Scrimgeour and Persephone Van Helsing.
♥ - Other Roses! Clarissa actually enjoys being a Pendergast Rose but understands that not everyone does. I'd love to flesh out how she gets along with her co-roses.
♥ - Romance! Clarissa has a taste for the 'bad boy' sort and she is prone to girlish crushes. In the past, she has fallen hard for working class boys with little to no manners. It's a problem with her.
♥ - Hurls! Men should be over the age of 21, upper class and while her parents insist she marries a pureblood, she is quite open about blood status in a potential husband so long as they worship her.

b. 1867
Rep: 5
Upper Class Half Blood
Ravenclaw 68-75
Gentleman of Pleasure
Unattached
Pansexual
Application
Howell Caradoc Merrick II
Howell is a rather rebellious and scandalous man that is all about fun with minor thought for the consequences. He needs the following:

♥ - Friends! He was a member of Excaliburs until he aged out of it when he turned thirty and so most of his friends are probably still in the club. He is also friends with Reuben Crouch and most of his other friends would be of similar personalities.
♥ - Flings! Can be of any gender, age is generally open though let's keep it over the age of eighteen.
♥ - Hurls! Howell is not looking for a wife but he is technically hurlable and quite wealthy. Hurls should be over the age of eighteen, any class and of any blood status. Scandals in the family would obviously not matter to him.

b. 1868
Rep:7
Upper Class Half Blood
Hufflepuff 79-86
First String Keeper for Chudley Cannons
Unattached
Undetermined
Application
Jack Humphrey-Mavis
Part of a family of nobles, Jack is usually introduced as The Honorable John Humphrey-Mavis but everyone just knows him as Jack. He needs the following:

♥ - Friends! Jack is a charming, sociable young man and he has quite the large friend circle. Most of them are of lower social classes than he is so I am very much looking for some upper class boys for him to pal around with. Jack is also a member of Excaliburs so could reasonably know some of these new friends from there.
♥ - Romance! Jack's sexuality has not been pinned down by me so everything is up to chemistry, really. In the past, he has deviated towards seemingly demure types. He is too young for hurling but I am totally open to him having some youthful flings.

b. 1852
Upper Class Pure Blood
Gryffindor 63-70
Department of Investigation Head
Unattached
Homosexual
Application
Lionel Logan Lupin
Lionel is the first born of the Lupin brood and wants to be Minister someday. He needs the following:

♥ - Coworkers! Previously an auror, he is now the head of the Investigation department but he is always looking to become more.
♥ - Friends! Lionel is fairly charismatic and sociable. He was a Quidditch jock in his youth as well as a prefect and it is likely he maintained school friendships to the best of his ability.
♥ - Romance! Lionel is gay and has had limited romantic experiences. He had an amortentia tea induced romp with a man in 1883 but has otherwise been abstinent mainly due to not knowing how to figure out if a man shares his proclivities or not.
♥ - Hurls! Lionel is hurlable and on the lookout for a wife. Hurls should be upper class, preferably pure blooded and over the age of eighteen.

b. 1857
Upper Class Half Blood
Hufflepuff 69-76
St. Mungos Magical Bugs Healer in Charge
Unattached; Crushing
Undetermined
Application
Richard Arlington Gladstone
Richard is an absolute sweetheart that was promoted to a healer in charge position at a younger age than most others. He needs the following:

♥ - Friends! Richard is a charming, sociable man that is also a hard worker and would get along most with other such people. He has no care for age, blood or social status.
♥ - Hurls! Richard's interest is currently on Annabelle Scrimgeour but I am still open to other hurls. Hurls should be between age ages of 17-25 that have debuted into society. Upper class preferred though Richard isn't completely adverse to the possibility of marrying a middle class woman if they happen to have an amazing connection. Any blood status is fine by him.

b. 1855
Upper Class Pure Blood
Slytherin 66-73
Kenmare Kestrals Sponsor
Married
Heterosexual
Application
Family Ad
Roberto Connell Devine
Roberto is a Quidditch loving man that is ridiculously in love with his wife. He needs the following:

♥ - Friends! Likely to be other people within the Quidditch realm. He isn't particularly classist but would still mainly be friends with other upper class men. He was fairly popular in school so likely has a lot of friends from school days, he was also a prefect and Head Boy. He is also a member of Black's.
♥ - Recruits! Roberto is also open for threads that go towards recruiting people onto the Kenmare Kestrals.
♥ - Marriage Wrenches! Roberto is happily married to the former Miss Ophelia Dippet and is quite in love with her. We are both, however, open to women who want to take her place and people to generally cause drama.

b. 1858
Rep: 8
Upper Class Pure Blood
Slytherin 69-76
Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic
Unattached
Gray A-sexual
Application
Roman James Crouch
Roman is the forever exasperated brother of Reuben Crouch, November Malfoy and  Aldous Crouch. He needs the following:

♥ - Friends! Roman is pretty sociable and charismatic, however, so likely gets along with most sorts of people. Or at least, he pretends to.
♥ - Ministry Folk! Roman is pretty high up and tried running for Minister. Do with that what you will.
♥ - Hurls! Roman is hurlable and potential hurls should be upper class, pureblooded and over the age of eighteen with no immediate scandal in her family. Roman would also value wit in a woman.

While also listed under their individual character sections, this is the Quick List of my hurlable characters and their bare bones requirements for a potential spouse.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Roberto Devine's post:
   Bella Scrimgeour

thank you!
Thanks for picking up one of my wanted ads! Even though I'm not grabbing one of yours in exchange, I appreciate you lots, and therefore you are entitled to:
designate 3 "priority threads" at some point throughout the summer, which I will always reply to first when I am online, or
make 3 rapid-fire dates for the threads/scenarios of your choosing, where I will promise to be available and at your disposal for no fewer than two hours, or
— have me start up to five threads at some point throughout the summer for whichever character at whatever moment you desire,
— or any combination of the above. :D
♥ lynn
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Devine's post:
   Roberto Devine

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
I am looking for active threads for the following! Any of my others as well but these ones especially need something. Please note that I don't want random meet and greet type of threads - I want something that could potentially lead into long term friendships, relationships, plots, etc.
  • Alcyone Slughorn
  • Aleksei Nichols
  • Archelaus Abney
  • Ignatius Quirrell
  • Jacques Michaud - though he is currently on a boat so it'll either have to be backdated or letters.
  • James Baird
  • Kentigern MacFusty
  • Lionel Lupin
  • Morgana Gaunt
  • Owain Edwards
  • Roman Crouch
  • Sage Macnair
  • Timothy Ainsworth

Kit! I have some options :P

Cameron Gillenwater lives in the same village as/has befriended Maddy Bell, and I'd like him to befriend Alcyone. You mentioned earlier that you didn't know they had a thread; you're welcome to revive it or we could start a new one, if you'd like? :P

Edric was in the same year as Lionel and both are wealthy(ish, in Edric's case :P) purebloods who now both work in law enforcement! Actually, they were both aurors between 1874-1877, which was when Lionel left to pursue investigation according to his app~

Archelaus and Sage are both fourth year PB boys, and you know who else is? Justice Rookwood. You know who needs friends? Justice Rookwood ;)

Post Log
    (June 10, 2018 – 4:11 AM)Edric Umbridge Wrote: Kit! I have some options :P

Cameron Gillenwater lives in the same village as/has befriended Maddy Bell, and I'd like him to befriend Alcyone. You mentioned earlier that you didn't know they had a thread; you're welcome to revive it or we could start a new one, if you'd like? :P

Edric was in the same year as Lionel and both are wealthy(ish, in Edric's case :P) purebloods who now both work in law enforcement! Actually, they were both aurors between 1874-1877, which was when Lionel left to pursue investigation according to his app~

Archelaus and Sage are both fourth year PB boys, and you know who else is? Justice Rookwood. You know who needs friends? Justice Rookwood ;)
    I'll revive that Alcyone Cammie thread!

Re: Edric/Lionel, i think they'd get along and could even have been school friends? We could do some backdated friend stuff establishing threads?

Archelaus is an asshole but would likely play nice since Justice is Pureblood and of similar age. I have an open thread with him in Padmore that justice could take! Sage and Justice should also definitely thread - Sage seems to have a tendency to adapt his behaviour according to who he's hanging out with and I'd def love the chance to develop that aspect of his personality more!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Roberto Devine's post:
       Edric Umbridge

(June 10, 2018 – 4:37 AM)Roberto Devine Wrote: I'll revive that Alcyone Cammie thread!

Re: Edric/Lionel, i think they'd get along and could even have been school friends? We could do some backdated friend stuff establishing threads?

Archelaus is an asshole but would likely play nice since Justice is Pureblood and of similar age. I have an open thread with him in Padmore that justice could take! Sage and Justice should also definitely thread - Sage seems to have a tendency to adapt his behaviour according to who he's hanging out with and I'd def love the chance to develop that aspect of his personality more!

RE: Edric/Lionel, do you have any preferences for the time/setting of their first thread or the manner of their meeting? I'd be down for a school-aged thread, but I'm not sure if they would have befriended each other first year or...?

RE: Justice's stuff, do you have a preference for either kid? I'm not fussy and I'd even do both, but I have no desire to drown you or further prove I'm a whore for Kit!threads by demanding both :P

Post Log
    So, I have this thing for Meet Cutes and I want January to experience the following. These don't strictly have to be for hurling (22+, acab) because emotional affairs can be fun but they are intended to potentially ignite some sort of romance. Obviously, if January and your character hit it off in their initial thread and we're moving into another, we could definitely use another of these to inspire the new thread. XD

• Your character has been sketching January for half an hour, and shuffled up to hand her the finished product and it's TERRIBLE but your character just wanted an excuse to talk to her.
  • Your character is playing frisbee or something similar and conks January in the head in Padmore Park.
  • It started raining really hard and now January and your character are taking shelter in the same place together.
  • It started raining and January or your character has been left without an umbrella while the other has one and they decide to share it for the time being. (would also be a great followup for the above if they hit it off in a 'we need to stop meeting like this fashion)
  • January accidentally falls on your lap at an event while trying to avoid being backed into by another attendee.
  • This one is more plotty in nature and could lead to long term shenanigans: Your character has been lying to their parents/friends/etc about having a significant other. January fits the profile perfectly and your character wants to convince her to play the part.
  • January is hit by your characters carriage, oops.
  • January is in the Ministry because she witnessed something and was asked to come in. Now she and your character are in the lift together and it got stuck. And it's the one with the obnoxious ghost.
  • Your character recognizes January from a crucial moment in their past - but she has no idea who they are.
  • January loses her hat and your character helps her catch it.
  • A narrow escape from ducks in Padmore Park.

I'm totally open to more meet-cute ideas if you have them.

• [Image: IZQQzf.png]
    set by stef!
    Immediately for the drawing side of things for January, I have Coleman Beasley who is, well, a bit absent minded (also on drugs all the time). He's quite a chill guy and a charmer though - and this is 100% something he'd do.

For pretending to be together, I have Thomas Tilcott who is under a lot of pressure from his father to get married. Thomas doesn't want to. So I wouldn't put it past him to pretend he has a girlfriend.
    (June 10, 2018 – 3:21 PM)Coleman Beasley Wrote: Immediately for the drawing side of things for January, I have Coleman Beasley who is, well, a bit absent minded (also on drugs all the time). He's quite a chill guy and a charmer though - and this is 100% something he'd do.

For pretending to be together, I have Thomas Tilcott who is under a lot of pressure from his father to get married. Thomas doesn't want to. So I wouldn't put it past him to pretend he has a girlfriend.
    He's also a rep 3 and a criminal and I don't want January associated with that so he wouldn't work, I'm afraid.

As for Thomas, You said he isn't interested in romance whereas in my post I said "but they are intended to potentially ignite some sort of romance" so keep that in mind? XD

[Image: IZQQzf.png]
    set by stef!
    Coleman - I mean, that's completely fair.

Thomas - Yeah. I have a plot I'm wanting to play out with Thomas as well wherein by the end of the year, his dad passes causing Thomas to take romance a bit more seriously. This could help with that when he looks back on it like "ah maybe that isn't what you do" and I like the idea that he does this to appease his father but if they hit it off, feelings could develop and hed be like "hey January so er you know how it was a joke - it wasn't!" - but if you don't think it'd work either way, that's absolutely fine too.

Sorry :(
    (June 10, 2018 – 4:27 PM)Paxton Fudge Wrote: Coleman - I mean, that's completely fair.

Thomas - Yeah. I have a plot I'm wanting to play out with Thomas as well wherein by the end of the year, his dad passes causing Thomas to take romance a bit more seriously. This could help with that when he looks back on it like "ah maybe that isn't what you do" and I like the idea that he does this to appease his father but if they hit it off, feelings could develop and hed be like "hey January so er you know how it was a joke - it wasn't!" - but if you don't think it'd work either way, that's absolutely fine too.

Sorry :(
    I could work with that. ;) She also likes Quidditch Guys so yes. XD
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Clarissa Cosgrove's post:
       Paxton Fudge
    Awww yass. Did you want me to start a thread to see how it goes, or?
    (June 10, 2018 – 4:38 PM)Paxton Fudge Wrote: Awww yass. Did you want me to start a thread to see how it goes, or?
    Sure thing! No rush, though. <3
    http://charmingrp.com/showthread.php?tid=1574 There you go! I hope its okay!