Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Brigit Langley for Fletcher Langley.
The Matchmaking Menace
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

Charming Confessions 2.0
My own personal handwriting has been influenced by the google fonts I use most frequently in IC letters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edric Umbridge's post:
   Prudence Browne

Want to help ruin the social lives of your favorite characters? Contribute to Witch Weekly!
My OCD is relieved the moment a character hits a post count ending with "0" or "5". I don't know what it is, but I would put more effort in getting a character with 38 posts to 40 than a character with 15 posts to 20. It's VERY WEIRD but I can sit happily as long as the post count ends in one of those two numbers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Helga Scamander's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Marmaduke Warbeck, Roberto Devine

Post Log
When I'm chilling and thinking about plots, I tend to look on the Who's Online to check out what everyone is up to. When people go onto random pages for whatever reason, I'm really tempted to ask why but also don't want to be seen as weird. The best example is when someone is on one of my character's profiles. I'm all like, "Are you planning to plot with me? Please plot with me. You should plot with me." and I have no idea what y'all are even doing. For all I know, you could be thinking "Hey, I've got some time on my hands, I'll just look through these random character profiles.".
[-] The following 1 user Likes Acacia Ruskin's post:
   Marmaduke Warbeck

Magic by MJ!

Like, I don't care 100% of the time, but... very often... I get nitpicky about words and whether I can justify using them in a VE setting, even if they're not part of a post's dialogue or anything. Cue many etymology detours for accuracy purposes.

This tends to be particularly hard with Ishmael, because although he's from the mid-1700s he is one of the more modern voices in my head ???? So it's a constant struggle.

/currently crying with joy that I can use the word suckers in its slang definition, the earliest wiktionary quote is from 1728
[-] The following 6 users Like Ishmael's post:
   Benedict Sterling, Billie Farrow, Elsie Beauregard, Marmaduke Warbeck, Prudence Browne, Sisse Thompsett