Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

People Help The People
Bella's eyebrows shot up. "I have no idea what that means, either," she admitted sheepishly.

bee made me this set and i love it
Post Log
Kieran grinned. "That one's easy," he said, "Means I think Ireland should be its own country."

Bella wasn't sure what problems Ireland had with the rest of the country (those were the sort of things her education had skipped over), but she was sure there were valid reasons, especially if there were whole groups dedicated to it. Admittedly, she had her own issues with her country at the moment, though those were more concerning social conventions than politics.

"I'm sure if they're stubborn enough, they'll get there one day," she commented casually, the result of such a split having no impact on her—or so she thought. "You can wear anyone down with stubbornness, I've found. I'm sure it even applies to the government."

Post Log
Kieran snorted audibly. She was yet another idealist who'd stumbled into their cafe and was going to fling herself fruitlessly against the barriers of reality until she became a cynic or found something else to do. Kieran rather thought it was the latter; she did not have enough political knowledge or desperation to become a proper activist.

"Sure," he said, without any real inflection.

Bella glanced around, committing this establishment to memory in case she saw reason to return someday. There didn't seem to be anything for her—not now, at least—but she'd had an interesting experience here to say the least.

"I should probably get going," she said, suddenly rising to her feet. "It was - uh - good to meet you...sir. I wish you and your communist Irish republic well."

(Whatever that meant—she still wasn't exactly sure.)

Post Log

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Private Not Your Kind of People Beatrix Borgin 12 1,036 August 8, 2018 – 5:50 PM
Last Post: Beatrix Borgin